Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time of year to book a Tokyo trip?

We are now trying to decide when to visit Tokyo Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland. Because of school schedules, Christmas, Easter break, and mid-June to late-August are our windows of opportunity. We have a slight preference to doing it between Christmas and New Year's because then we could say we've been to all 11 parks in one year.

Ideally, we'd like to go when Japanese kids are in school, because we've read about those long, long lines during peak days. The plan is to spend a day hanging around each of the two parks, and spend the rest of the time exploring Tokyo. We also can't decide whether to hit Hong Kong on the same trip. It's not like it's just around the corner. On the other hand, going back to HKDL would be quite a long trip, much longer than a detour south from Tokyo. Any suggestions?
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Re: Best time of year to book a Tokyo trip?

I highly recommend mid July as that was the time I went. All the major rides are open from their refurbs and EVERY SINGLE ATTRACTION will be a walk on, even the E-tickets. The temperature was not too hot because the clouds kept the sun blocked. I now know that this is the perfect time for a trip to Tokyo, and will go every summer from now on if possible.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

^ how interesting...why is mid-july a "slow" time compared to the rest of the year, i shudder to think of visiting DLR or WDW in mid-july...
      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
      Originally posted by pratt55
      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
        ^ how interesting...why is mid-july a "slow" time compared to the rest of the year, i shudder to think of visiting DLR or WDW in mid-july...
        Because most kids are still in school in Japan and the rainy weather keeps most of the guests at home. Couple that with the slow weekdays and you get much less than you do in other months. However...I'm not too sure about weekends though....
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

interesting indeed....we tend to plan our big vacations during the "off" months of october, feburary and april.....might have to schedule one for july now thanks for the info!
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
            interesting indeed....we tend to plan our big vacations during the "off" months of october, feburary and april.....might have to schedule one for july now thanks for the info!
            October is a very very busy time at TDR due to the Halloween event, and the crows stay thru the Xmas season as well and into the New year's holidays. The most uncrowded time at TDR is mid january, but it's very cold there as well.

July is OK too for the most part, since the kids in Japan are still in school.. Note their summer holiday is August and that is a busy time at TDR as well, and horribly humid in Japan. April would be fine as well, as long as you skip the Golden Week holidays during the first week in May. Very crowded park on those days.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
              I highly recommend mid July as that was the time I went. All the major rides are open from their refurbs and EVERY SINGLE ATTRACTION will be a walk on, even the E-tickets. The temperature was not too hot because the clouds kept the sun blocked. I now know that this is the perfect time for a trip to Tokyo, and will go every summer from now on if possible.
              Well you did have severe rain during your trip. June and July are pretty light on crowds most of the time but it does rain a lot. I don't really like the parks in the rain because certain attractions close and outdoor shows are cancelled. But if you're not into shows, I guess you might love rain because the park will be empty. Late January, February and April are all good times to go as long as you avoid weekends and national holidays. Of course it can get pretty cold.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X