This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.e.a.

I recently came across an article and found an interesting tidbit. The article claimed that the capitalization of "SEA" in the park logo was linked to the plaque in Explorers' Landing. The article stated that the true motif of the park was linked to exploration and adventure, hence the capitalized "SEA" forming the acronym "Society of Explorers and Adventurers". Have we been wrong all these years? I always thought the "Sea" in DisneySea was to draw distinction between itself and Tokyo Disneyland and to act as the loose theme of the park. It seems that the sea is not the true theme of the park, but exploration instead.

~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Re: S.e.a.

Huh? Why can't "SEA" stand for both? Only in the logo is it written in all caps. In most other official material it is written as "Sea".

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
      Huh? Why can't "SEA" stand for both? Only in the logo is it written in all caps. In most other official material it is written as "Sea".

JoeInJpn
      http://www.jtcent.com
      That's what I'm trying to find out. The article was claiming that the capitalized letters "SEA" in the logo was an acronym for Society of Explorers and Adventurers. I don't know if this is true or not, but I just found it interesting because this is the first time I've heard of this.
      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

It's a great theory. Whether it is true or not, it makes for a great story and deepens the detail all the more.

Comment

Originally posted by ron10036 View Post
          It's a great theory. Whether it is true or not, it makes for a great story and deepens the detail all the more.
          Well... hello gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
            That's what I'm trying to find out. The article was claiming that the capitalized letters "SEA" in the logo was an acronym for Society of Explorers and Adventurers. I don't know if this is true or not, but I just found it interesting because this is the first time I've heard of this.
            I think you are trying too hard to get a meaning of something that no one really even thought about... but then again, this is TDS...so who knows..

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Well... hello gorgeous.
              Grrrrrr...! Hiya!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X