This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encampments near Tokyo Disney Station

I visited Tokyo Disneyland while on a brief trip to Tokyo on December 30, and noticed many people "encamped" on blankets outside the train station on the walkway to Disneyland. Is this seen on normal days or just people waiting for the New Year's Parties?

At first I thought it was vendors (which I noticed at Disneyland Paris, and surprised they weren't shooed away), but they looked like families all with shopping bags and just waiting for others. But when I was leaving later that night, I noticed some of them were in sleeping bags, and thought that maybe these were groups who take turns in the park?

Does anybody know what the wait was for?

Re: Encampments near Tokyo Disney Station

They were lining up for the Countdown Party event on the 31st. This is the most popular single-day event annually and in order to claim a good viewing spot for the parade, guests camp out right outside JR Maihama Station. The earliest people start queuing about a week before the event and stay there day and night.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

Thanks.

Well it makes sense, I was recalling back to a sign that was placed saying to not queue up, but I guess it meant not to queue in certain areas or in the JR Station, and was unsure about the reason.

That seems like a hard task to wait day and night, luckily it wasn't snowing but it rained that day and I'm sure that cold mist from the bay and constant air traffic from Haneda let alone foot traffic makes it hard to wait that long.

Comment

Right. The wording on the signage says that TDR "requests" that guests do not stay there overnight. And that is all OLC can do legally since that part of the station/walkway is not their property.

The rain on the 28th and 29th was not heavy or very cold. However, being outside just standing/sitting there, it was more than bothersome. Sigh.
        JoeInJpn
        Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
        For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
        Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

Originally posted by pancakesaregood View Post
          I

At first I thought it was vendors (which I noticed at Disneyland Paris, and surprised they weren't shooed away)
          Disney in Paris has no jurisdiction over the immediate land that surrounds the Marne-La-Valee/Chessy RER station in between DLP Park and Disney Village, and that is why the street vendors get away with it. I too would like to see them shooed away. So un-disney like, but then again, the Paris resort has always been the odd Disney resort where traditions go out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
            The earliest people start queuing about a week before the event and stay there day and night.

And I throught I was extreme lining up over night on July the 17th 2005 for DL 50th.
            Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X