This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Ushio : tasty Hamamatsu-style Okonomiyaki in Roppongi

Here's the web review for this Okonomiyaki place in Roppongi.

They feature both Hiroshima and Osaka style Okonomiyaki as well as Hamamatsu-style which is vegetarian. (Hamamatsu is a town known for the Yamaha Piano factory; closest major city is Nagoya).

We had the Hamamatsu style, Osaka style and a "Modern" style. The Osaka style was cooked very well and I thought that the Hamamatsu style was good, but my kids thought that it tasted funny and went back to theirs. :-)

If you're in the neighborhood defintely worth trying. esp. if you're tired of the "regular" okonomiyaki or want to try something different.

???????????????????????????/????? ???? - ???????????????? (sorry, Japanese only, but address at bottom).

It's north east of Roppongi-station on Roppongi Dori. It's on the south side of the street.

Very friendly and have English menus (w/ pictures).

Google Maps
    Last edited by nish221; 01-10-2011, 01:51 PM. Reason: Added URL to map of location

Re: Ushio : tasty Hamamatsu-style Okonomiyaki in Roppongi

Was it outstandingly good? Or normal good? I'm Japanese so I've had my share of Okonomiyaki. If it was great, I may stop by next Spring. :-)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by voleball View Post
        Was it outstandingly good? Or normal good? I'm Japanese so I've had my share of Okonomiyaki. If it was great, I may stop by next Spring. :-)
        I'm pretty picky about my Okonomiyaki, too. (I'm nikkei).

I thought the Hamamatsu-style is very good/nearly great. But this is dependent on if you like takuwan. (That's the only reason why I don't give it a "great")

Their other okonomiyaki are IMHO just normal good (for Japan). It beats US Okonomiyaki (that I've had) by a huge margin. For example, their "hiroshima" style isn't as good as the one I had at the Okonomiyaki-mura in Hiroshima, but if I want Okonomiyaki and I'm in Roppongi, I'll go there again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Thanks Nish!

Takuwan?! Very interesting.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X