Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Help!: Need way to get Ghibli Museum tickets during blackout period

Hi!

We're trying to get Ghibli Museum tickets for either 12/23 or 12/24.

The US ticket site: Services - Catalog Request, Travel Insurance, Wireless Phone Rental, Ghibli Museum says that this is a blackout date for foreign tours.

Is there anyway to get tickets? I know that it'll be japanese-only tours, but that's not that big of an issue since I can translate.

Re: Help!: Need way to get Ghibli Museum tickets during blackout period

This may not help, but FYI in case it does (scroll down for links on how to get tickets):

A visit to the Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Tokyo | Just Hungry

Comment

Thank you, Sanstress!

Unfortunately, we're not staying very long in Japan this time and that week is winter vacation for the Japanese schools.

We'll give it a try though.

Comment

Just FYI. Just got back...

The above did work (or could have).

Went to Lawson's in Tokyo; they have a machine there that distributes tickets (using a credit card). Since it was early morning there were still tickets available for the next day.

The major caveat is that you will be in a Japanese language tour.

My family opted to go shopping rather than use their dad's translation skills. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by nish221 View Post
          Just FYI. Just got back...

The above did work (or could have).

Went to Lawson's in Tokyo; they have a machine there that distributes tickets (using a credit card). Since it was early morning there were still tickets available for the next day.

The major caveat is that you will be in a Japanese language tour.

My family opted to go shopping rather than use their dad's translation skills. :-(
          I'm so sorry you missed out on your chance to see Studio Ghibli. We hear wonderful things about. When you finally get a chance to go, take lots of pictures and share them with us!
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
            I'm so sorry you missed out on your chance to see Studio Ghibli. We hear wonderful things about. When you finally get a chance to go, take lots of pictures and share them with us!
            Unfortunately, the pix/videos are prohibited in the museum...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X