X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Pirates of the Carribean Trinket Raises Concern

Source: http://www.tampabays10.com/news/loca...=82450&catid=8

Re: Pirates of the Carribean Trinket Raises Concern

I don't find it offensive, but then I am German/Norwegian/Welsh so take that as you will.

It looks a little like a noose to me, but not a well made one.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Personally I think wearing any sort of an instrument of death is a bit morbid. Now they just need to release the revolver, the lead pipe, the candle stick and the knife!
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Same here, I just do not like things like this. pretty morbid if you ask me.

Comment

hmmm. I do have a shirts with two pistols above my .....um....

but, a noose? no way.

Comment

Personally, my view is that there is already enough real hatred and bigotry in the world. We don't need to go creating it where it does not exist.
            "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

I think it's a stupid reason to not take your kids to Disney World. But then, I think most people who say they're not doing x because of y are making up the fact that they were ever really going to do x in the first place.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                I think it's a stupid reason to not take your kids to Disney World. But then, I think most people who say they're not doing x because of y are making up the fact that they were ever really going to do x in the first place.
                I 100% agree with you on this point.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

my two cents ... I am not casting judgement either way but if it wasn't sold by Disney, as a Disney item, in a Disney venue it wouldn't even be newsworthy
                  Last edited by tjcjr; 06-12-2008, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I like the necklace, because it is darkly humorous. Some people need to get a sense of humor and stop crying foul over anything that isn't 100% white washed and inoffensively bland.

Plus, the necklace has nothing at all to do with the lynchings of African Americans, it is about hangings in the world of pirates.

Comment

It doesn't bother me, but I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would want to wear a noose as jewellery, even if it is just in reference to the Pirates movie.

Wearing this could be misinterpreted. I'd hate to have to explain that, "no I don't approve of lynching, this piece is in reference to POTC is all" to someone. Why take the risk of appearing to be a bigot when you aren't one?
                      Last edited by BC_DisneyGeek; 06-12-2008, 11:26 PM.
                      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Looks like a light bulb to me.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

It's fine. I wonder in those who are not Christian find Crosses morbid.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            It's fine. I wonder in those who are not Christian find Crosses morbid.
                            Exactly what I was thinking. Reminds me of a line I once heard, "If Jesus had lived in the 20th Century, would a bunch of people be wearing electric chairs around their necks?"

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                              Exactly what I was thinking. Reminds me of a line I once heard, "If Jesus had lived in the 20th Century, would a bunch of people be wearing electric chairs around their necks?"
                              I love that line. Lenny Bruce if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X