X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Pocahontas & Her Forest Friends Closing Sept. 27th

The following was reported on WDW News Today:

Breaking news from the Orlando Sentinel:
    After a 10-year run, the live ‘Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends’ show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will close Sept. 27, Walt Disney World announced Thursday.

No immediate replacement is planned for the amphitheater. The Pocahontas character will remain in the park, though three actors must audition for other shows.

The remainder of the 28-member cast and crew will be reassigned, said spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez.
    With no replacement for this show coming soon, I think we can now begin to talk about the land being cleared behind Camp Minnie-Mickey. We can now let the rumors begin….
    Stay tuned to WDW News Today as more information becomes available on this breaking news.

Re: Pocahontas & Her Forest Friends Closing Sept. 27th

That is the one attraction at DAK I never got around to. We always skipped it saying we'd see catch it next time, oh well I guess we were wrong. Based on it's description it didn't really interest me too much anyways.

Let's just hope that something is in the works and that it is just not going to be a closed attraction that stays vacant for years to come.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Maybe the animal actors show that was rumored is finally coming?

Comment

It was OK. Nothing special. I kind of like the idea of a Merlin show with Lucky the Dragon
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Damn! Everytime I went to WDW I would always miss it and I would always tell myself "I'll get to it next time". Well apparently I won't!

Oh well. Now hopefully this is a sign that the Pocahontas Fantasmic portion will be leaving the show soon after!

Comment

Hmmm...I don't think this is too big a loss. Also, I've never understood why a land named "Camp Minnie-Mickey" had a show featuring Pocahontas and another with Simba and the gang.

:lol:

Comment

This doesnt surprise me.
              Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                It was OK. Nothing special.
                I agree. It was ok. But this one, I won't miss that much.
                Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Honestly, when we saw it my family left going, "That was embarassing." and I'm very forgiving. I don't know if it was the fact our Pocohontas kinda looked a little lost, like she was a last minute fill in, but she looked about 50 and the animals weren't very cooperative AT ALL.

Hmmm, I'm starting to sound like TDLFan, I think I need to go find my happy place again. :lol:

Comment

I think it was a cute show for the kids. But if you have seen it once, then no need to go back. Hopefully something better comes in its place.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

While I won't miss this show, it concerns me that there is no planned replacement. I don't think it can afford to lose attractions/shows.

Comment

A non-event

Not really a story - as in very weak

More of a vehicle to have live animals run across the stage.

It kept small children entertained

-dave
                        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                          Maybe the animal actors show that was rumored is finally coming?
                          Nope.

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                          I kind of like the idea of a Merlin show with Lucky the Dragon
                          It's Lucky the Dinosaur actually.

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                          Now hopefully this is a sign that the Pocahontas Fantasmic portion will be leaving the show soon after!
                          I wish that would happen too, but not likely.

---

Let me just get to what I've heard will be happening, & I know this rumor has been thrown around thousands of times, but... Beastly Kingdom.

While no rumors have come up yet on what specific attractions would be put into place there, I have heard that Festival of the Lion King would be moved to a bigger theater in Africa. The Train to Rafiki's Planet Watch would be removed, & half way along the new walking path from Africa to Planet Watch would be Festival of the Lion King.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                            Honestly, when we saw it my family left going, "That was embarassing." and I'm very forgiving. I don't know if it was the fact our Pocohontas kinda looked a little lost, like she was a last minute fill in, but she looked about 50 and the animals weren't very cooperative AT ALL.
                            Okay now that show would have given me a serious fit of the giggles... especially after a couple drinks. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                              It's Lucky the Dinosaur actually.

Actually the rumor is they are reimaging Lucky into Dragon
                              www.jamboeveryone.com
                              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X