This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] SpectroMagic?

I just have some questions on the parade, since I haven't been since 2004.

When did the parade first open? What was there before it?

And is it seasonal?

(I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place, so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong area).

Thank you!
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Re: SpectroMagic?

The only thing I know is that when I see it I always wish that I would have sat sown and watched the Main Street Electrical Parade at DL... My parents always used that as an excuse to ride more rides with less wait. Although it did look pretty cool from the skyway!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

The parade opened in 1991 replacing the main street electrical parade. I'm not sure if it's seasonal or not. Everytime i go, it's up and running Anyone else know this one?

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter
      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post

The SpectroMagic parade premiered on Oct 1st, 1991 for WDW's 20th anniversary. It replaced the Main Street Electrical parade which left the MK in the summer of 1991 and went to DLP for the opening of that park...where it ran for a decade before being replaced by a shortened version of TDL's epic "Disney's Fantillusion!" parade.

And is it seasonal?
        Spectromagic usually performs on days when the MK is opened until nighttime hours...like 9pm or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastierox View Post
          The only thing I know is that when I see it I always wish that I would have sat sown and watched the Main Street Electrical Parade at DL... My parents always used that as an excuse to ride more rides with less wait. Although it did look pretty cool from the skyway!
          If my parents did that to me, they would have TO GO!
          I had the pleasure of seeing the Main Street Electrical parade go down Main Street at DL, DLP and the MK, plus the equally enchanting TDL Electrical parade in Tokyo. I wish they would finally bring it to HKDL.

Comment

I've got the dang song ringing through my head now...
            He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
            follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
            DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

And is it seasonal?
              It is not seasonal. But it is not performed every night. So check that calendar before you go. It isn't to be missed. During our last trip, I think it was on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and the next Saturday. The Trip before it was Sunday, Thursday, and the next Saturday. And the one before that was Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and the next Saturday.

Comment

• Entrance Unit with Trumpeters
                • Title Unit heralding SpectroMagic
                • Spectro-Men on Whirly-balls (4 pods)
                • Mickey Unit
                • Music Unit (3 units hitched)
                • Sleeping Beauty Garden Unit 1 (Peacock)
                • Sleeping Beauty Garden Unit 2
                • Sleeping Beauty Garden Unit 3 (Waterfall on back)
                • Giant Fish Unit
                • Bubble Fish Unit (3 units hitched)
                • Ursula Unit (1 pod)
                • Little Mermaid Unit (3 units hitched)
                • Whilry Fish (2 pods)
                • Fantasia Opening Unit with Spinning Hippo
                • Baracus Unit (Fountain with Ostrich's)
                • Diana Unit (3 units hitched)(Flying horses)
                • Chernabog Unit
                • First Finale Unit (3 units hitched)
                • Carousel Unit
                • Second Finale Unit (3 units hitched)
                Last edited by SparkyLD; 08-01-2008, 01:22 PM.

Comment

SpectroMagic is an art form in itself
                  A very dated art form to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post

And is it seasonal?
                    Originally posted by SparkyLD
                    I'M A FRICKING KNOW IT ALL PAY ATTENTION AND LISTEN TO ME DAMMIT

and he didn't even include the audio changes the parade went through what a waste of breath

Comment

Sparky wins. Hands down.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                      Follow us on Twitter
                      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Sparky reminds me of my ex. Ask a simple question and learn waaaay more than you ever wanted to know.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                          and he didn't even include the audio changes the parade went through what a waste of breath
                          I used that from a article I wrote for a website. I cut out some unneeded parts. If you are talking about the Trumpet audio, then thats the only audio change that the parade went through. The parade audio has been the same since the parade started except for that track. Although voice overs have changed, like Roger Rabbit to Genie, but other than that, there have been no audio changes.

Here is what I cut out:

The parade had a few other additions that no longer are in the parade. Back in its original run, the SpectroMen hair, Ursula's hair, and King Tritons beard were fiber optic. The Bubble Fish unit used to shoot bubbles from their mouths. The Opening unit, with the trumpets, used to have a completely different trumpet track than what’s currently used. All of these were removed when the parade began its second run in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            If my parents did that to me, they would have TO GO!
                            I had the pleasure of seeing the Main Street Electrical parade go down Main Street at DL, DLP and the MK, plus the equally enchanting TDL Electrical parade in Tokyo. I wish they would finally bring it to HKDL.
                            Well MK's old units are sitting over there in crates. So who knows when they will unpack them and assemble them and run the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkyLD View Post
                              I used that from a article I wrote for a website. I cut out some unneeded parts. If you are talking about the Trumpet audio, then thats the only audio change that the parade went through. The parade audio has been the same since the parade started except for that track. Although voice overs have changed, like Roger Rabbit to Genie, but other than that, there have been no audio changes.
                              nope

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X