Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large Hidden Mickey in Animal Kingdom entrance?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Large Hidden Mickey in Animal Kingdom entrance?

So I know many of you have heard about the Hidden Mickey built into Disney's (then) MGM Studios and how it was only visible in aerial views, but has anyone heard of or noticed a similar thing at the Animal Kingdom?

If this has already been discovered or talked about, sorry but otherwise, here's what I'm talking about. The groundwork and tree lines in front of the turnstyles appear to display a Hidden Mickey only visible in areal views.

The two center planters sort of look like the eyes, the circular tree line makes out the head, and the rest is kind of there.

Here are some pictures:
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

Is this a real Hidden Mickey or something I made up?
    Or is it possibly an old Hidden Mickey that had become unrecognizable as did the HollyWood Studios Hidden Mickey?

Re: Large Hidden Mickey in Animal Kingdom entrance?

sorry, but it's wishful thinking. it was never intended to be a Mickey and doesn't .

Comment

I do not see anything. got a picture of the hidden mickey in the then MGM Studios ? I would like to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
        I do not see anything. got a picture of the hidden mickey in the then MGM Studios ? I would like to see that.
        http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=28.357563~-81.5597&style=a&lvl=18&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=8135411&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

I think it is subtle, but there. Or maybe I have an over active imagination, too.

Comment

I must be blind, because I dont even see a hidden Mickey in the DHS picture...

Comment

Originally posted by Parisi View Post
              I must be blind, because I dont even see a hidden Mickey in the DHS picture...

the hidden mickey has been distorted and become less recognizable over the years. It was right in the center of the park, Echo lake made up one ear and the face was the circle that sits infront of the Chinese theater (theater is where the mouth was, the eyes were visable in the pattern in the pavement which can still be seen. The hat destroyed the pattern but it sits right where mickey's nose was and some new buildings were Sunset Blvd now is makes the other ear is not as noticible anymore. Hint; if looking at a park map, try turning the map around so that North is South and it should stand out better.
              Last edited by Disney Magic; 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM. Reason: wrote year instead of ear
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

The Hidden Mickey was clearly illustrated in the guidemaps for the studios back in the early days. But not anymore. But the studios was designed with a mickey face layout in it. As for DAK, no. If anyone sees a Mickey there, it's wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
                  the hidden mickey has been distorted and become less recognizable over the years. It was right in the center of the park, Echo lake made up one ear and the face was the circle that sits infront of the Chinese theater (theater is where the mouth was, the eyes were visable in the pattern in the pavement which can still be seen. The hat destroyed the pattern but it sits right where mickey's nose was and some new buildings were Sunset Blvd now is makes the other ear is not as noticible anymore. Hint; if looking at a park map, try turning the map around so that North is South and it should stand out better.
                  Damn... I just noticed it... that is crazy cool...

Comment

i see what you're talking about. it's an abstract coincidence!
                    and always let your conscience be your guide

Comment

Originally posted by maggiemayhem View Post
                      i see what you're talking about. it's an abstract coincidence!
                      wow, i can't believe this thread popped up again. that was like two months ago. but yeah, i think its kind of visible but was never meant to be!

Comment

Whilst on the keys to the kingdom tour, my tour guide told us that anything can be hidden mickey - it's all down to a persons interpretation of three (even if they are vague) circles.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X