This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Bird info and/or song????

So years ago I heard about the Orange Bird from The Sunshine Tree Terrace in the MK...cute idea intresting. Last year I take Song Airlines (best ever) to WDW and hear a Orange Bird song....like the song been off and on looking for it over the year. A few months ago I see Japan is making Orange Bird pins....MUST HAVE THESE THINGS!!!!!

So today I decide to look around again to see if I can find any more info or better yet the song to download. I come across this page with some ok info nothing I have not heard before. Then I find this (beware it does take you to eBay) and find that Japan is making some bucks off a small long gone icon of WDW. Does anyone have any more info (i.e. pics, home movies, the story of) or better yet the song of the Orange Bird????

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

I have the 7" 45RPM record......
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

I have a pin of the orange bird, but it is from Disneyland in the 60's. I don't remember the song at all (or, at least I don't think I do).

Comment

I'll see if I can find a way of recording it. Dad still has a working Record Player, and I might be able to funnel the output into a laptop. Any hints as to how? (bear of very little brain here...)

"Little orange bird (little orange bird)
        In the sunshine tree (in the sunshine tree)
        Won't you think of something sunny just for meeee-e"

I can remember that much offhand....
        DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
        DLR Tokyo - 2005
        DLR Paris - 2011
        DLR Hong Kong -2011
        DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

Lashbear, ask Chris how he hooked up ours. Something about a thingie from Radio Shack and his sound card. I've completely lost all of techie geekness.

Comment

Thank you so much but I found out one of my firends has it on cd but I would love a copy of your record. Don't go to a lot of effort but if it was something you were going to do anyway

J :monkey:
            Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Originally posted by Jerm
              Thank you so much but I found out one of my firends has it on cd but I would love a copy of your record. Don't go to a lot of effort but if it was something you were going to do anyway

J :monkey:
              Sure ! I'd do anything for a guy holding a pickaxe in his hand....
              DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
              DLR Tokyo - 2005
              DLR Paris - 2011
              DLR Hong Kong -2011
              DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

NEED...What that song Really badly

My Sister promised to buy this for me 20-30 years ago.
                She never did.
                It has been a running joke in our family about getting the Orange Bird record Gift "This Year".
                I could burn a CD. Next best thing.
                Thank you anyone for the upload.

Luke
                imawake@gmail.com :o

Comment

Yeah, I find it kind of odd that Japan is releasing all of this Orange Bird merchandise. Do they know who he is? I've seen lately, action figures, plush, pins, and clothing. It's reallyl weird.

Comment

Could anyone tell me what the Orange Bird was ? I assume it was a show or something in WDW.
                    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
                    DLR Tokyo - 2005
                    DLR Paris - 2011
                    DLR Hong Kong -2011
                    DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

It was an advertisement for ......I want to say Sunkist.......or some orange juice.

Comment

LOL no it was an advertisment for the Florida Orange growers association, which were the original sponsors of the enchanted tiki room in florida (or tropical serenade as they called it). Orange bird used to have his own little AA up in a fake tree by the orange juice stand, and in the earliest days a costume character orange bird would roam around. Disney studios themselves designed Orange bird for the florida orange growers. Some of the earliest wdw souvineers feature the little orange bird as well, and there has been quite a following of him in later years. Japan culture absolutely idolizes cuteness, and in particular retro cuteness so its no surprise he is so big over there.

I had one of my friends do some extensive research on the little orange bird for my tiki room fanzine, so thats why I know a lot about this. Probably more than you want to know. It wasnt exactly easy finding the original Anita Bryant orange bird commercial for the fanzine story either LOL.

Comment

If you click on the first link on my first post you will find everything you ever wanted to know about my friend and yours...the Orange Bird.

J
                          Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

The orange bird and anita bryant were in ads together till she came out against gays.
                            "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

And got a pie in the face!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X