Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

So I'd like to know how everyone feels about the Sorcerer Mickey hat at DHS. I remember on my first trip to WDW, that hat was not there. We returned that summer to find that it was being built. I personally don't like it very much. It is a bit of an eyesore that blocks a wonderful view of the Chinese Theatre. The hat also doesn't really fit the theme of "the old Hollywood that never was."

How do you feel about it?
    “If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
    -Winnie the Pooh

re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

i don't mind the hat. i despise it's location! why would you block the theater like that?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
      i don't mind the hat. i despise it's location! why would you block the theater like that?

that really is my biggest problem with it.
      i love the Theater and hate that i can barely see it.
      “If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
      -Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I've voiced my opinion many times before so won't belabor the point...but see my sig below.
        Down with the Hat

Comment

I can sum up my feelings in three words:

I. HATE. IT.

Comment

Let put it on top of Space Ship Earth and bring the Wand back!
            He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
            follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
            DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Over my dead body!

Comment

Maybe they will add a loop to the hat...
                He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

Comment

I am not a fan, and think that it is a poor park icon. The hat does not say ''show biz'' to me.
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Re: your feelings? (Mickey Sorcerer's Hat)

I'm pretty sure the only reason it's there is so the park has some "icon" or "wienie" they can use for advertising the park. I'm not sure why they stopped using the Earful Tower, but whatever.

I hate the hat. It destroys the perspective of Hollywood Boulevard and completely alters the entrance experience to the park.

I heard they "covered up" the theater for copyright or licensing reasons associated with the rebranding of the park and removal of MGM. I doubt this has much truth behind it, but what have the rest of you heard?
                    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by halltd View Post
                      I heard they "covered up" the theater for copyright or licensing reasons associated with the rebranding of the park and removal of MGM. I doubt this has much truth behind it, but what have the rest of you heard?
                      The story as heard on the internet is, since the Chinese Theater is owned by Warner Bros., that Disney had to cover it up for legal reasons. But I have never read this from any official source, so that may well be just another internet legend. The Hat epitomizes the cheapness and tackiness that was the second decade of Eisner.

A little off-topic but...did you guys hear that Disney is selling El Cap?...(the Mouse will remain as a tenant). I wonder why, when Disney went looking a classic movie theater in the late 1980s...why didn't just buy the Chinese Theater, instead of El Capitan? At that time they were planning on using it as an icon for two parks...Disney-MGM Orlando and Disney-MGM Paris. IMO it would have made a lot more sense.
                      Down with the Hat

Comment

I don't like it's location. It's OK but is seems like people go to it looking for something, and there isn't much there.

Comment

Isn't that the world's largest unmovable pin cart?

Comment

i have no problem with it whatsoever. My first visit didn't have the hat there but after it was placed there I had no problem with it. I almost expect to see it now everytime I go there. That hat isn't going anywhere. It's now an icon, whether we like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                              i have no problem with it whatsoever.
                              :mob:
                              Last edited by Coastierox; 09-21-2008, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X