This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney 2009 Celebration Concept Art, Disney Fairies Arrive in Orlando

Among two hours of talks delivered to the media this morning in a "Business Behind the Magic" presentation by Disney, two gems of information emerged.

First, Disney revealed some concept art surrounding their recently announced 2009 promotion called, "What Will You Celebrate?" The year-long tribute to celebrations will feature plenty of in-park decorations.

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/b...9/dsc08566.jpg

As you can see, the park will be decked out in brightly-colored streamers and balloons everywhere with the phrase, "Celebrate today!" bringing it all together. I don't remember seeing this much color added to the Magic Kingdom since the park's infamous 25th anniversary wherein Disney covered Cinderella Castle with faux icing and toppings, turning it into a giant pink cake of sorts.

At the end of today's presentation, Francois Leroix, vice president at Walt Disney World Entertainment, described the new meet-and-greet opportunity coming to Toontown in the form of Pixie Hollow, where Tinker Bell and four of her fairy friends will reside. Fawn, Iridessa, Rosetta, Silvermist, and Tink herself then emerged to wave to the crowd, but not talk, as they can't speak outside of Pixie Hollow. Guests, however, will be able to have a conversation with the fairies inside the park when the new experience opens on October 24, just four days before the October 28 release of the new Tinker Bell movie on DVD and Blu-ray.

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/b...9/dsc08591.jpg

More photos and concept art pictured here:
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-24-2008, 04:31 PM. Reason: hotlinked removed removed

Re: Disney 2009 Celebration Concept Art, Disney Fairies Arrive in Orlando

The fairies look cute.
    sigpic

Comment

Tink looks OLD...
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Video of the Disney Fairies from this morning is now online:

Comment

I think they look adorable! Thanks for the link to the video, insidethemagic.

Comment

Hmm I wonder if the floats in that castle hub concept pic are going to be the new floats for the updated DDCTP? I know the other concept pics are clearly going to be the Street Party.

Comment

Originally posted by OFTEric View Post
              Tink looks OLD...
              Excuse me? I must be ancient by standards then Eric!

Originally posted by disneygirl View Post
              The fairies look cute.
              I would go with downright yummy but my wife would hit me... :lol:
              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

One of the fairies actually looks cold.

The artwork makes Main Street look like a mess during parade time - totally crazy. I don't expect that will be the way it will be, but it screams "stay away at 3pm!"
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                  One of the fairies actually looks cold.

The artwork makes Main Street look like a mess during parade time - totally crazy. I don't expect that will be the way it will be, but it screams "stay away at 3pm!"

Yes she does! How did I miss that!?!?! I must be getting old... :lol:
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I think Tink looks great!!! She looks tough and cute but not overly so.
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

aw, I wish they could start it earlier. My daughter has a Tinkerbell room. She'd LOVE to meet her!

Comment

Tink looks OLD...
                        That is what cheap computer animation does to the classic hand-drawn characters.

Comment

I want to call them the Spice Fairies.
                          Last edited by aimster; 09-25-2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Tink looks OLD...
                            Do you wear glasses?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X