This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News No More "Super Soap Weekends" for WDW

Who's killing ABC Super Soap Weekend at Disney's Hollywood Studios?
    It's not Zach Slater, the sometimes bad boy played by Thorsten Kaye on ABC's All My Children. He has pledged to attend this year's gathering of soap-opera stars on Nov. 15-16. So has John McBain, the sometimes suspect character played by Michael Easton on One Life to Live.
    Yet as Walt Disney World prepares to host about 30 daytime-drama characters at this year's Super Soap Weekend, there's a shocking plot twist in sight: The event won't return in 2009. Healthy and popular in this episode, it'll be dead by the next.
    Brian Frons, president of Daytime, Disney-ABC Television Group, appears to be the one writing Super Soap out of Disney World's script after 15 years.
    In a news release issued Monday, Frons said ABC wants to send its soap stars on a national promotional tour next year, rather than sponsor a single weekend at Disney World. "Our fans have told us they want us in their neighborhoods," he stated, adding: "We thank Walt Disney World for being a wonderful host and partner, and look forward to our plans to send Super Soap off with a bang."
    Rilous Carter, Disney World vice president for Disney's Hollywood Studios, is promising that this year's event will be a fitting finale.
    But will the tour succeed? Is there a chance the soaps might return to Disney World in 2010? Stay tuned.
    Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...,4165946.story

Re: No More "Super Soap Weekends" for WDW

Meh. I don't watch ABC soaps anyway. The one soap I watch is on CBS.

Comment

I had really been surprised at that, since it is a HUGE event - and I expect a big moneymaker for Disney too.
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
        Me too. Gimme "Nuke" anytime.

Comment

Huh? Oh... that's primetime. I don't watch that.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

I've never been because I don't watch soaps but I know this is a really bad thing for DHS. Hopefully they are replacing it with something else that can draw in the crowds like Soap weekends did..

Comment

I tried as hard as I could to scedule my trip away from that. im the same, no loss I hate soaps.

Comment

"Zach Slater"? Really? Like Zack Morris married A.C. Slater?

....Am I the only one who had too much influence by Sved by the Bell, or did their writers watch too much of that show too?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X