Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Happy 37th Birthday, Magic Kingdom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=qw2P4-J0eg8

Re: Happy 37th Birthday, Magic Kingdom!

Very nice tribute Aimster. HAPPY 37th BIRTHDAY MK!!!

Comment

Great video. Happy B-day WDW
      Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
      Golly, what a day

Comment

Wow. No one else seemed to care. 71 views but only 2 people posted. No wonder they didn't do anything for the 30th or 35th.

Comment

I just saw this, great video! Happy Birthday WDW!

Comment

Never been to Disneyworld hopefully I can go when Disneyworld turns 40.
            "You are watching FOX"

Comment

^^ Ok I'm going to be incredibly anal here but it's not "Disneyworld". It's Walt Disney World. Three (3) words.

Comment

Just because people don't post don't mean they don't care. Maybe there was nothing more to say.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Oh but almost every year there's a bazillion page "Happy Birthday Disneyland" thread.

Comment

Wow seems like I was just at the 25th with that big cake.

Don't feel to bad Tokyo Disney Seas did not get a lot of post also.

Comment

^^ But at least those parks celebrate even their insignificant birthdays every year with lots of merchandise and a some kind of small promo thingy. Even Hong Kong does it! All MK got for it's 30th and 35th is was lousy single pin release. Even Disneyland had a big hoopla on those milestones.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        ^^ But at least those parks celebrate even their insignificant birthdays every year with lots of merchandise and a some kind of small promo thingy. Even Hong Kong does it! All MK got for it's 30th and 35th is was lousy single pin release. Even Disneyland had a big hoopla on those milestones.
                        Maybe I'm just not old enough to remember, but did Disneyland get some big fancy quoir to sing "When You Wish Upon A Star" and release hundreds of baloons into the sky on their 35th or 30th, let alone their 37th? I'm under the impression all that we get is a sign outside the entrance to Main Street and the Mayor of main street says something or another. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we don't get that.

Comment

On behalf of your Mother Park, Happy Birthday to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World!

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday MK! See ya real soon!
                            Last edited by Disney Magic; 10-02-2008, 07:19 PM.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Originally posted by Auroraflame View Post
                              Maybe I'm just not old enough to remember, but did Disneyland get some big fancy quoir to sing "When You Wish Upon A Star" and release hundreds of baloons into the sky on their 35th or 30th, let alone their 37th? I'm under the impression all that we get is a sign outside the entrance to Main Street and the Mayor of main street says something or another. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we don't get that.
                              I was there for the 30th at Disneyland. They had special parade and some other things (I was 10... almost 11... so I don't remember all the details - but I have photos of the parade!). Either the 35th or the 40th had that humungoid prize machine where people won cars and other prizes.

The last big milestone MK celebrated was 25th when they had the Pepto Bismol Castle Cake from Hell.

They seriously better do something BIG for MK's 40th in a few years.

Oh and that video is from the GRAND OPENING of WDW/MK back in 1971. They'd never do something like that now. It's too classy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X