This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Holiday Room Rates! Starting at $59/nite

Give a gift your family will remember a lifetime!

Disney Has released a great offer for travel over the holidays!

Stay at a select Disney Value Resort, standard room, for just $59* per night, plus tax.Walt Disney World Resorts.)

Your Walt Disney WorldEpcotmust be booked by Dec. 7, 2008,*The number of rooms available at these rates is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same room. Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required.

Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Re: New Holiday Room Rates! Starting at $59/nite

Look for more and better discounts in 2009 as the economy's disintegration makes for some desperation deals from The Mouse.

The door in the floor hasn't even opened yet ...

Comment

So '74, are you saying we should not hold our breath for maintenance and quality improvements all over the WDW property in the foreseeable future??

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
        Look for more and better discounts in 2009 as the economy's disintegration makes for some desperation deals from The Mouse.

The door in the floor hasn't even opened yet ...
        I dunno, I think things will improve after the uncertainty of the elections, we're seeing some amazing deals from Disney right now but I think it's only an interim correction, prices will go up again it's only a matter of when... Disney's focus seems to be on the high end market with the four seasons resort deal and the luxury homes on property, so these deals sadly for us will not last forever.

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        So '74, are you saying we should not hold our breath for maintenance and quality improvements all over the WDW property in the foreseeable future??
        Ok not knocking your breath holding abilities TDL which I'm sure are impressive but no don't hold it yet. The big changes to the parks are probably a year or so away...

Don't forget there are quite a few improvements going in in terms of the new tree houses, DVC expansions, and possibly the new family suites to replace the legendary years. All geared towards increasing the on property hotel capacity, and the special deals for free dining, and lower rates keep occupancy up, which in turns increases revenue overall for the property. This in turn means more money (vrs empty rooms) which can be then re-invested into the rest of the property.

Next year I would expect to see some gearing up for the 40th anniversary of WDW similar to the 50th improvements at DL. I would look for the groundbreaking for the replacement to PI and some sort of AK expansion due to the recent changes there, pure speculation at this point but one of the key drivers to luring in more repeat customers has been the somewhat steady addition of new rides and attractions over the past few years. Not to continue that would be a big mistake especially in these times.
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post

Don't forget there are quite a few improvements going in in terms of the new tree houses, DVC expansions, and possibly the new family suites to replace the legendary years. All geared towards increasing the on property hotel capacity, and the special deals for free dining, and lower rates keep occupancy up, which in turns increases revenue overall for the property. This in turn means more money (vrs empty rooms) which can be then re-invested into the rest of the property.
          You see, none of that hotel stuff means anything to me. I never stay on any of the hotel anymore so the improvements that you so much applaud, I'll never get to see. Yet, forgive me .. but I thought WDW was about entertainment and magical escapades to far away lands of fantasy.... and NOT fancy hotels (for special priviledged few club members). I want the improvements done at the parks. Or else, they should change the name of the resort to Walt Disney's World of Hotels Resort. That is where Disney has lost it's innovative edge and become a "follower" in the industry. As long as management keeps thinking that they must try to duplicate the success some businesses have achieved due to their proximity to WDW (such as time sharing), the lesser the sucess will be of them running the parks to perfection (like Busch tries with their parks), and it has become quite evident to many of us I think, regardless of how much we praise WDW after we go home from our vacations, that things could have been better here and there...

Next year I would expect to see some gearing up for the 40th anniversary of WDW similar to the 50th improvements at DL.
          That would be nice and not just for the 40th but for every day afterwards. I think that even today... DL looks great after all the cosmetic fittings they have added to that park. Those bricked sidewalks on Main Street do go a long long way... Why can't we have the same quality surroundings at the MK is besides me... but I guess all the dough goes to the hotel division... doesn't it?
          Last edited by TDLFAN; 11-03-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X