Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] *Disney World Auditions* :)

Hey! I'm new to micechat but I've read A LOT of threads already... I still have a few questions though for anyone who's been to a character audition. I'm pretty sure I'm going to audition on March 19 at the Animal Kingdom rehearsal facility (in Orlando). It's the one from the website and the audition is supposed to be for face and fur characters and parade performers... has anyone been to this type of audition (for all 3)???? I know what happens in these separately but I wasn't sure how the audition would go for all 3... Sorry, I'm just really nervous Also, could I audition then to work there for the summer (I'm a junior in High school right now so I could only do it for the summer).

-I'm 5'2" and hoping to be Alice/ Wendy (Do you think I could be either one? I'm in the pink in my profile pic)

ALL feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much!
    Last edited by WDWprincess37; 02-07-2009, 09:42 AM.
    *Never Grow Up*

Re: *Disney World Auditions*

WDW is different from Disneyland if the auditions you've read about before are from there. You don't audition and then get cast in a role for something(i.e. okay you're wendy in this parade, or you'll be doing photo ops at main street every morning). If you get cast you're approved for every character in your height range with no guarantee of where exactly they'll be utilizing you. They then may also consider you for approval as a face character, but even if you get approved for say Wendy and Alice you still might get stuck scheduled at a character breakfast in a fuzzy outfit every day. Everything's just one big department out there, even the parades.

The audition will probably be their typical combination of movement evaluation and improv evaluation where you start out with a few counts of simple dance routine and then have to do a short improv based on a scenario given to you, and then possibly back and forth like that a couple times.

Comment

Oh ok (you were right about all the disneyland forums)... I figured I wouldn't be placed in the same thing everyday... thanks!
      *Never Grow Up*

Comment

In this economy you want to be flexible enough to fit as many roles as possible so I would look at that as a plus. Also you don't have to worry about getting bored doing the same thing every day.
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

True... I want this so bad! It would be a dream come true I would LOVE to play as many roles as possible
          *Never Grow Up*

Comment

Hardest part about "in this economy" is getting hired period. Disneyland was overstaffed to begin with and then they cut back a ton of entertainment leaving everybody without any hours and no room whatsoever for new people. And like I said, at WDW you aren't cast in roles you're simply hired as an entertainment cast member and then scheduled where they need you based on your scoring in your movement and improvisational evaluations. The good thing to that is that if you are hired you aren't left in the cold if the show or entertainment offering you typically perform is goes away and you don't have to fight to keep your job in an audition every time a new show comes around.

Comment

That is a good thing, but I think it has less to do with altruism and more to do with the time and cost to retrain a performer in "The Disney Way" as well as the role. Turnover in any business is expensive, and with the high emphasis Disney puts on training and skill qualification for all of it's cast members it's probably higher than most corporations.

That said from what CM's have told me over the years they still enjoy simple things like work sponsored parties and events which many if not most companies have almost cut entirely these days. Even though the pay is low they do a lot to try to retain talent which I think is great to see.
              Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I say: Definately go and try out. You never know if you don't take the chance!

Comment

Thanks! I'm definitely going...got the plane tickets and everything!!!
                  *Never Grow Up*

Comment

Ah you're so lucky. I want to audition. I'm 14 right now, and 5'0. The tallest i'm growing is 5'2.
                    I'm hoping to audition when i'm old enough. I can't wait though! I definitely want Wendy or Alice. But I have more of an Alice face. Just like you it would be a dream come true
                    Well good luck, hope you get chosen!

Comment

Awww thanks so much! I hope so too! You sound exactly like me Alice Never give up on your dreams!
                      *Never Grow Up*

Comment

I'm 17 too and I'll be auditioning that day! I feel the same as you, I am very excited but also starting to get butterflies. I booked my plane tickets as well. Do you have an email? Maybe we could answer some of each others questions or perhaps just be nervous together?

Thank you for posting this question =) I love learning new things about the audition process and I wouldn't have even thought to ask those things. =)
                        "A dream is a wish your heart makes."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X