X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajusth
    New MiceChatter
    • Sep 2008

[Question] how long does disney world take?

now im a premium pass holder for disneyland in ca and i go roughly 1-2 a month so i know most the rides backwards and forwards eye closed kinda thing. so most the rides at disneyland in florida are the same save a couple but add in the other parks such as epcot, animal kingdom as well as universal island of adventure how long should i plan on staying there for?
  • lazyboy97O
    враг народа
    • Mar 2005

Re: how long does disney world take?

Do you plan to just jump from ride to ride? I'd say about a week and just accept now that you will not do everything.

Comment

• Pete's Dragon
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2009

You can do DisneyWorld in 4 days. Especially being from CA you can skip some things that are the same. Focus on Epcot, a few rides at DS. There are really only 2 things worth doing at AK (EE and Safari) although it's nice to look around the park. You can easily get everything in with room to spare in 4 days.

Comment

• Krankenstein
        MiceChatter
        • Aug 2008

Are you talking just the 4 theme parks (MK, EC, DHS, DAK) at WDW or everything the resort offers (water parks, horseback riding, fishing, NASCAR experience, boat rentals, shopping, resort hopping, etc)?

If it is the first, I would give myself 6 days. 2 at EC, 1 at DHS, DAK, MK, and a day to hit anything I missed.

If it is the later, maybe a month? :lol:

Comment

• Jspider
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Pete's Dragon View Post
          You can do DisneyWorld in 4 days. Especially being from CA you can skip some things that are the same. Focus on Epcot, a few rides at DS. There are really only 2 things worth doing at AK (EE and Safari) although it's nice to look around the park. You can easily get everything in with room to spare in 4 days.
          how dare you suggest breezing through Animal Kingdom!

I suppose it all comes down to priority's, just take a week and give yourself time to do what comes to you I suppose. You'll probably only want a day at MK, its got some great offerings but remember to reride HM more then Pirates becuase HM is beautiful in Florida right now and Pirates is like the worse thing I've evern s33n in Florida :B.

Alot of people will recommend Epcot and I'll agree with that for the most part, it's a nice park with quite a few unique rides and experiences. Personally I perfer the detail of AK to the sheer size of Epcot but this whole vacation thing is really going to be for you to figure weather your a ride focused person or a detail one.

The Studios ussualy gets the shortest visit for me, I ussualy recommend showing up for about half a day jumping on ToT and RnRC first thing, maybe check out GMR if you feel like at least seeing what it's all about (it's not that great but hey it's got Animatronics and the wait is short, and it's unique) if your a show person you might want to take longer

never been to the water parks (always been too cold when i visit). DTD looks cooler then what's in Anihiem but I found it skipable, but then again I'm not a shopper and I'd want to see more park oriented merchandise anyways (or wander the shops around the world showcase).

if you really want to push yourself you could get most of the IMPORTANT things done in 3 days (assuming you don't mind being their early and leaving late and never letting your body rest) but a 4-5 day is what my mind is telling me at least for WDW, you'll probably want a day for IoA but I've never been there myself
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• SummerInFL
            Relax
            • Sep 2005

If you're only going for the rides, then 3-4 days tops to hit everything. Key is to go to the big ones first thing in the morning, wait times aren't that bad and make sure you utilize fast pass to the fullest.

If you want more of the WDW experience then I suggest a minimum of 5-6 days, if you want a relaxed approach I say 8-10.

Comment

• Barbaraann
              Chicago Gal
              • Apr 2005

I always find this question a little bit amusing. I never seem to have enough time when I visit Walt Disney World. I never get it all done. There's always something that I have to go back for. Which I suppose is the point, in why it was all built in the first place.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Jerren
                Disneyholic
                • Aug 2006

Ok if all you are interested in is just the rides and nothing else you can do it in 3-4 days as stated above. But you'll be cheating yourself out of a lot of magic.

I go to WDW at least twice a year sometimes more and well there's a lot more to it than the rides or even the 4 parks, you have 2 main entertainment Districts in Downtown Disney (Including La Nuba and Disney Quest interactive play zone) and The Boardwalk, you have 2 great waterparks in Typhoon lagoon and Blizzard Beach, Multiple Golf courses including 2 mini Gulf ones and a family/beginners course, Wide World of Sports Complex, there's various aquatic activities including boat rentals, waterskiing, etc. Not to mention all the tours inside the parks and out and 23 uniquely themed resorts with thier own character and activities. I've probably spent close to 6 months on property over the past 12 years or so... I have yet to do it "all". :ap:

That said, I generally reccomend 7-10 days so you can see as much as you can without killing yourself in the process. But let's be realistic it's a big world, you can't expect to do it all in one trip.
                Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• Mouse princess
                  Hello there
                  • Apr 2005

I go every year for either a 4 day trip to 7 day trip. And I have yet to see it all. And I have been there 20+ times My 4 day trips are usually ride trips, and if you are just going for the rides, than you can do it in 4 days. BUT, my 7 day trips are vacations, and you need the 7 days there to enjoy yourself. Also, keep in mind that in the 7 days you will still not be able to do everything.
                  Since you are not a WDW regular, so I would suggest at least 7 days. There is a lot more to WDW than the rides.
                  Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• OCBear
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2007

I'm a DL PAP also, I went to WDW for my first time last December and went for 10 days and still didn't see everything.

There is so much to see, but it was great having 10 days to take the time to relax, see the resorts, shop, get a massage, swim, eat at the great restaurants(Wish we had them here!). Can't wait to go back!
                    Keith

Comment

• Stitchy
                      Disappearing/Reappearing
                      • Jun 2006

yeah, it really depends on your agenda. Whether you want to take it easy, or really go go go. PLus, it depends on what you want to see and do. We've spent 9 days in the parks...and didn't run out of things to do till the ninth day. We figured out that 4 days at MK leaves you a little bored.

Our next trip, we're planning 5 days for all the parks. But, we plan on riding only what we really like. So, we're spending half a day at AK, half at MGM. One and a half days at Epcot, half a day at a water park. And two days, plus the MNSSHP party at MK.

My suggestion...send off for the planner, and sit down and plan out what you REALLY want to see and do at each park. Then, figure out how much time you would need at each. You're used to the parks, so you should have a pretty good idea.

Comment

• Aadil
                        New MiceChatter
                        • May 2009

yeah pete u have got a poitn D.L takes only 4 days not more than that but u can really enjoy more over there so i vote for ECOPT *WINK*
                        Cards & Games Shopping Directory | Body Arts Trade Suppliers Directory | Visual Arts Business Directory | Holidays Business Directory

Comment

• ajusth
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Sep 2008

wow thx for all the replies! me and my family are going for my sister graduation from college. now im pretty sure but does disney world support handicap guests? my mother is handicap so that might make rides go faster.

Comment

• migy21
                            Sock Puppet
                            • Apr 2009

Yes they do support handicap.

12 days of stay should make it. Enjoy your trip. You will love it for sure.

Comment

• Micoofy Duck
                              I'm Theme Park Happy!
                              • May 2006

My longest trip was 9 days and I still didn't get to do everything. There's soooo much it's crazy.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X