This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

Just as I had previously thought and expressed, WDW guests can look forward to more than a general refurb for space Mountain: Mission 2. I figured that a seven-month refurb closure was too extensive a time for Disney to not add a welcome surprise or two. Sure enough, on-board soundtrack systems are being added that "includes a pumping musical score and synthesized electronic sounds of space that are sure to immerse you in your otherworldly flight." Let's buckle up and ride!

Last edited by sir clinksalot; 06-03-2009, 08:17 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

Ok, they're definitely replacing the entire track & structure if they're adding a sound system. There's just no way a structure as old as WDW's Space could handle the added weight of an on-board soundtrack. If DL's version couldn't handle it without a complete replacement (and DL's version was slightly newer), then WDW's definitely can't handle it. I'm excited, especially since that means it'll be MUCH smoother than before.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Oh...Thanks for sharing info...
      Music is my LIFE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
        Ok, they're definitely replacing the entire track & structure if they're adding a sound system. There's just no way a structure as old as WDW's Space could handle the added weight of an on-board soundtrack. If DL's version couldn't handle it without a complete replacement (and DL's version was slightly newer), then WDW's definitely can't handle it. I'm excited, especially since that means it'll be MUCH smoother than before.
        The picture's looking better all the time!

Originally posted by jagass View Post
        Oh...Thanks for sharing info...
        The pleasure is mine.

Comment

The only thing missing now is a confirmed loop Wiiii
          The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
            The only thing missing now is a confirmed loop Wiiii
            :lol:

Would you settle for a confimed headchopper?
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-01-2009, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
              :lol:

Would you settle for a confimed headchopper?

Comment

According to some people in the know the plan had been to replace all of the track and most of the supports to make it capable of adding the on board audio at a later time. I'm glad to see they have apparently decided to add it now.

Comment

YESS!!!!!!!!!

:yea: :yea: :yea:

Space Mountain has needed love for a VERY long time, I'm so glad they are doing it!

Comment

I'm guessing it will be different from Disneyland's/Paris's?
                    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

Lee over at WDWMagic claims that this has been on the site as long as January and that its just bad information as the WDW website is known to give out from time to time. He's still insisting that when Space Mountain reopens that it will not have on board audio, but that will come at a later time.

I'm hoping he's wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time the website has given out inaccurate information.

Comment

Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
                        I'm guessing it will be different from Disneyland's/Paris's?
                        Space Mountain in Paris IS the best SM.
                        If the Florida version will be comparable they will have to make alot of major changes that takes longer than 7 months to complete.

Comment

^I don't care how it compares to any other Disney park, I'm just glad they are making changes.

:thumbup:

Comment

basing this on ONE sentence that doesn't even really say anything specific about the in-car audio is far from confirmed.

The attraction has a 'score' all along with the queue, pre-show, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                              Lee over at WDWMagic claims that this has been on the site as long as January and that its just bad information as the WDW website is known to give out from time to time. He's still insisting that when Space Mountain reopens that it will not have on board audio, but that will come at a later time.

I'm hoping he's wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time the website has given out inaccurate information.
                              The news comes directly from WDW's official website, and has nothing to do with Lee over at WDWMagic...although that is a very nice site that I enjoy reading. See my link in post #1.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X