Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed





    Just as I had previously thought and expressed, WDW guests can look forward to more than a general refurb for space Mountain: Mission 2. I figured that a seven-month refurb closure was too extensive a time for Disney to not add a welcome surprise or two. Sure enough, on-board soundtrack systems are being added that "includes a pumping musical score and synthesized electronic sounds of space that are sure to immerse you in your otherworldly flight." Let's buckle up and ride!

    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 06-03-2009, 08:17 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

    Ok, they're definitely replacing the entire track & structure if they're adding a sound system. There's just no way a structure as old as WDW's Space could handle the added weight of an on-board soundtrack. If DL's version couldn't handle it without a complete replacement (and DL's version was slightly newer), then WDW's definitely can't handle it. I'm excited, especially since that means it'll be MUCH smoother than before.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

      Oh...Thanks for sharing info...
      Music is my LIFE!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

        Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
        Ok, they're definitely replacing the entire track & structure if they're adding a sound system. There's just no way a structure as old as WDW's Space could handle the added weight of an on-board soundtrack. If DL's version couldn't handle it without a complete replacement (and DL's version was slightly newer), then WDW's definitely can't handle it. I'm excited, especially since that means it'll be MUCH smoother than before.
        The picture's looking better all the time!

        Originally posted by jagass View Post
        Oh...Thanks for sharing info...
        The pleasure is mine.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

          The only thing missing now is a confirmed loop Wiiii
          The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

            Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
            The only thing missing now is a confirmed loop Wiiii
            :lol:

            Would you settle for a confimed headchopper?
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-01-2009, 02:00 AM.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

              Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
              :lol:

              Would you settle for a confimed headchopper?
              The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                According to some people in the know the plan had been to replace all of the track and most of the supports to make it capable of adding the on board audio at a later time. I'm glad to see they have apparently decided to add it now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                  YESS!!!!!!!!!

                  :yea: :yea: :yea:

                  Space Mountain has needed love for a VERY long time, I'm so glad they are doing it!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                    I'm guessing it will be different from Disneyland's/Paris's?
                    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                      Lee over at WDWMagic claims that this has been on the site as long as January and that its just bad information as the WDW website is known to give out from time to time. He's still insisting that when Space Mountain reopens that it will not have on board audio, but that will come at a later time.

                      I'm hoping he's wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time the website has given out inaccurate information.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                        Originally posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
                        I'm guessing it will be different from Disneyland's/Paris's?
                        Space Mountain in Paris IS the best SM.
                        If the Florida version will be comparable they will have to make alot of major changes that takes longer than 7 months to complete.
                        The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                          ^I don't care how it compares to any other Disney park, I'm just glad they are making changes.

                          :thumbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                            basing this on ONE sentence that doesn't even really say anything specific about the in-car audio is far from confirmed.

                            The attraction has a 'score' all along with the queue, pre-show, etc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Space Mountain On-board Soundtrack Confirmed

                              Originally posted by kcnole View Post
                              Lee over at WDWMagic claims that this has been on the site as long as January and that its just bad information as the WDW website is known to give out from time to time. He's still insisting that when Space Mountain reopens that it will not have on board audio, but that will come at a later time.

                              I'm hoping he's wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time the website has given out inaccurate information.
                              The news comes directly from WDW's official website, and has nothing to do with Lee over at WDWMagic...although that is a very nice site that I enjoy reading. See my link in post #1.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X