Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Spectromagic: A Re - Imagining!

Spectromagic
    A Re - Imagining!

Here's my idea for a new Spectromagic parade. Please comment, it adds to the fun of it! Each float has it's own picture in order to help understand it, but they're certainly not to scale with the rest of the floats in general terms. Enjoy!
    *~~~ Opening ~~~*

1.Fanfare

As you sit down to watch the parade, the lights go down as you hear the familiar fanfare and tune to the music of Spectromagic. The announcement you hear, made by Jiminy Cricket, is altered just a little bit. Instead of talking about the specific places of Aurora's garden, The Coral Reef of The Little Mermaid, and The Majesty of Fantasia, he simply says "The magic of the Earth, the Water, and the Sky" As the parade begins, you begin to see the familiar Fanfare float, the float with the Spectromen playing their trumpets and heralding the procession. The float hasn't changed much, but you DO see that the colors of the steps have been changed to royal blue & gold. As they move their trumpets in perfect choreography, you see some very excited Spectromen making their way towards you...

2.Spectromen Whirlygigs (there would be three in the parade)

As the Spectromen come down Main Street, you see the whirlygigs (the disco ball-shaped spheres) pass through making many electrical-sounding noises. On the shiny diamond shapes you can see random flashes of strobe lights. The Spectromen giggle and laugh like they always do, but their spheres, you can see, have changed to royal blue and gold as well. The colors of the lights on the ball now change with the color of the Spectromen's hair.

3.Title Float

The title float comes, and, as before, the color scheme changes to royal blue and gold. The 2 Spectromen on top of the float now point to the rotating disco balls and change their colors (the colors are the same as their hair colors). The Spectroman controlling the marquee has his ball change colors with his hair color as well. When the Spectroman points at the sign, the "Walt Disney World proudly presents" logo pops up, then they write "Spectromagic" and dot the i with a star. He makes a swooping motion and a golden swoop... swoops... across the name of the parade. the letters flash in blue and white and disappear, leaving behind a few pixie dusts in it's wake.

New Stuff:

- Color Scheme on all floats are changed to blue and gold to better fit The Blue Fairy

- The "random colors" on the floats of the Spectromen (Whirly Balls, Disco Balls) change with the Spectromen's hair

-Swoop was added back into the Spectromagic Title Float

4. The Blue Fairy

As the title float leaves, you see a shimmering new float coming. This float take the place of Mickey's cape. It's the Blue Fairy! She's seen towering above the parade route with a royal blue and gold dress. On the dress are small strobes giving her a magical look. Over her is a "halo" of classic white lights and as she floats through the parade route, she flaps her gigantic wings. Her old train (a part of the actual float) was removed in favor of a more classy train held by 4 Spectromen. It sparkles in blue and gold lights just like the rest of her dress. She has a new audio track, too.

As she travels down the route, she says such things as: "Why, hello there child. Are you having a magical evening? I am! Oh, hello! I'm so glad to see everyone enjoying the magic. My friends, the Spectromen, can transform music into magical energy. Isn't it just enchanting?

(Waves her wand)

Did you see that? My magic helps light everything up! Hello, how are you? May all your wishes come true tonight! Isn't it just such a lovely night? You can almost feel the energy here, can't you? My friends, the Spectromen, can transform music into energy, did you know that? Why hello! Would you like to see me use my magic? (laugh) All right then! (Waves wand)"

As she waves her wand, the familiar "When You Wish Upon A Star" segway begins and the Spectromagic theme begins to play. As the 7 notes of WYWOAS play, a shimmering trail of white LEDs travel down her dress and down her train, onto the rest of the floats.

New Stuff:

- The whole float! Salvaged from Disneyland's old Blue Fairy Float. Mickey is seen later in the parade.

- The old train on her dress is replaced with a real, cloth train held by 4 Spectromen.

- Audio track

- The traveling shimmer effect, accomplished by white LEDs.

5. The Band

As the parade moves on, you come onto a very large float. It's a big band, helping the Spectromen create energy! The float looks similar, except instead of calling on Goofy to play the drums, Genie calls on Stitch! His playfulness is excellent for this part of the parade. It frees Goofy up for the finale. The Genie make some new comments on Stitch's playing ("Easy there, big fella!") and some comments on the story ("C'mon, people! We've gotta keep this party juiced up, keep playin'!") As the main Spectromagic bridge theme plays, you can see a shimmering of white LEDs pass down the 3-part float. It makes the metronome sparkle, the sides of the giant drums and the harp shine, then the big trumpets and the cellos, followed by the piano. The shimmer also passes through the costumes. At the piano you can see Roger Rabbit playing and making some general remarks.

New Stuff:

-New audio for Genie

-Goofy is replaced by Stitch. Goofy makes an appearance at the end of the parade.

-Chip & Dale are replaced by Roger Rabbit. Chip & Dale make an appearance at the end of the parade.

-Shimmer effect
    Last edited by Disneyson 1; 09-03-2009, 03:06 PM.
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

Re: Spectromagic: A Re - Imagining!

Some more...

*~~~ Earth ~~~*

6. The Spring Sprite7. Sleeping Beauty Unit

FaunaFlora & Merryweather Princess Aurora & Prince Phillip
    8. Pocahontas Unit

Comment

I hate the parade. Can we just get rid of it?

Comment

REALLY??? It's one of my favorites, and I think by now it's a "classic"... I think. In fact, it's one of very few MK classics.

Comment

I like it alot!!! More please
          ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

Thank you! I'll be sure to post "Water" tomorrow.

Comment

*~~~Water~~~*

Nemo Unit

9. Follow-the-Leader Fish

As the sounds of the forest dissipate, you begin to hear the bubbling of water, glubs and the magical sound of the Spectromagic theme. As the fish that you’ve seen in each other Spectromagic parade begin to come, you notice the magical Shimmer of LEDs come down the first fish, then the next, then the next, then the last! Then, all of a sudden, the original color of the fish, but also a very very light blue, reminiscent of the ocean. The blue coloring fades in and out, mimicking a wave. They now have a new “secondary” track, where instead of “Part of Your World”, they play “Big Blue World” from the Finding Nemo Musical.

New Stuff:

-New Audio Track

-New Shimmer Effect

10. Finding Nemo – Miniature Floats

Now you can see a multitude of puppet performers and large pieces of coral coming through.

Seaweed Dancer – A person in a blue suit, holding a ring of seaweed around his/her waist. It’s a hiding spot for Nemo. He/She pulls the lighted seaweed in and out, mimicking an ocean current blowing by. During the Shimmer, the seaweed’s leaves are covered in white LEDs and the inside of the leaves reveal miniature, light blue spotlights that fade on and off.

Marlin – Marlin is a puppet, he looks out for Nemo and sometimes thinks he’s missing, while he’s only hiding behind a coral piece! He is lit by 2 LED spotlights on the handle of the puppet. When the shimmer comes, the white LED spotlights flash rapidly, then change color into a light blue, which pulsates in and out.

Anemone – Marlin & Nemo’s home, and sometimes hiding place. It is remote controlled from the Crush float and it’s stingers sway in and out, back and forth. It is multicolored and contains a speaker inside of it. The secondary music for this mini - unit is “Big Blue World”. When the shimmer passes by, the white LEDs sparkle up and down the anemone, then, from the center of the anemone, light blue spotlights begin to shine on the anemone’s tentacles. The blue lights begin to fade on and off. Bubbles also come from this mini-float.

Nemo – Nemo is a puppet, playfully hiding from his overprotective father. He is lit by 2 LED spotlights on the handle of the puppet. When the shimmer comes, the white LED spotlights flash rapidly, then change color into a light blue, which pulsates in and out.

School Bicycle – A puppet of sorts, this school of fish is a giant cage dome connected to a slow moving bicycle. On the cage are many silver fish. When the bicyclist turns it’s handlebars, the whole group of fish turn their bodies. It is lit by several dark blue lights flooding the cage. When the shimmer passes, white LEDs imbedded in the cage flash, and the floodlights change color from dark blue to light blue, which pulsates in and out.

Dory- Dory is a puppet, searching with Marlin for Nemo. She is lit by 2 LED spotlights on the handle of the puppet. When the shimmer comes, the white LED spotlights flash rapidly, then change color into a light blue, which pulsates in and out.

Coral Flower – The coral flower is really a costumed character, swaying back and forth and, sometimes, acting as a hiding place for Nemo. It’s a scrim with colored lights and a light flower on top. When the shimmer passes by, white LEDs in the coral flash and miniature, light blue spotlights on the inside of the scrim fade on and off.

Audio Track:

(Nemo begins to hide around)
              Marlin: Oh no, where’d he go? Nemo, Nemo!
              Dory: Oh Chico, Bingo!
              Marlin: It’s Nemo!
              Dory: Oh, sorry. Neeemo!
              Nemo: (giggle)!
              Marlin: I can hear him! Hey has anyone seen Nemo? (pause) Where?
              Dory: Hey, look!
              Marlin: Nemo!
              Nemo: Dad!
              (They circle around each other, “hugging”)
              Marlin: Nemo, I thought you were gone!
              Nemo: Right here, Dad!
              Marlin: … Are you hungry?
              Nemo: Why?
              Marlin… Because you’re about to eat my bubbles!
              (He quickly swims away while Nemo tries to catch up and Dory follows behind.)

(Fanfare plays; Shimmer comes through and turns on blue lighting)

(Secondary Music: Big Blue World [Plays twice])
              Dory: Give it up, old man, you can’t fight evolution, I was built for speed!
              Marln: Oh, really?
              Nemo: (laughs)
              (They circle around the anemone)
              Dory: (in a sing-song type of way) Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! What do we do? We swim, swim! Oh ho ho ho ho I love to swim, when you want to swim, you want to swim…
              Marlin: Oh, great, now I’m stuck with that song. Now it’s in my head!
              Nemo: IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD, WE’RE GONNA GO EXPLORE,
              Marlin: IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD THINGS I’VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!
              Dory: SO MANY CREATURES, SWIMMING ‘ROUND THE SEA!
              All: IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD, WE’RE READY TO GO!
              (They do a sort of “wave” up and down and weave through the sea life)
              Dory (at the same time as Marlin & Nemo):GOOOOOOOOO!
              Marlin & Nemo (alternating at the same time as Dory) IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD,IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD (etc.)!

(Fanfare plays; Shimmer comes through and turns off blue lighting)

New Stuff:

-Everything! Inspired by the puppets in Finding Nemo – The Musical and Finding Nemo On Ice

-7 Pieces in all – 1 Automated, 3 Character Puppets with full articulation, and 3 “coral” pieces

-Audio Track

-Blue Lighting

-Shimmer Effect

11 Finding Nemo – Crush

Crush is the 4th new major float in the parade. He is a giant AA that talks and “swims” He is held up by sparkling “waves” and his base is a large black rock with sea life (and PEACH!) lives. Squirt is on a stick and floats up and down just in front of his dad. When the shimmer passes by, the rock shimmers and turns blue with lights. Bubbles also come from this float.

Audio Track:

Crush: Duuuude! Hey Dude! When you saw me first you were all like “WOAH!” and then you were like “Woah!” and then you were like “Woah…” (Pause) “The name’s Crush.”
              Squirt: “Hey, I’m Squirt!”
              Crush: “Oh! Intro – human dudes, offspring, offspring, human dudes”
              Squirt: “Sweet!”
              Crush: “Totally!”
              Both: “Dude!”

(The shimmer passes by; the scene becomes “blue”)

Crush: “Righteous! Righteous!”
              Squirt: “Woah…!”
              Crush: Hey dudes! What’s shakin’?
              (Pause)
              Squirt: THINGS I’VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!!
              Crush: Totally! IN THE BIIIIIG BLUE WORLD.... We’re ready to…
              Squirt (repeating, at the same time as Crush) IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD, IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD (etc.)!
              Crush: GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(The shimmer passes by; the scene becomes “blue”)

New Stuff:

-Everything! Inspired by Tokyo’s Dreamlights

-Crush with full head, fin, & body articulation

-Squirt with up and down movement & mouth movement

-Audio Track

-Blue Lighting

-Shimmer Effect

The Little Mermaid Unit

12. The Little Mermaid – Ursula

Ursula makes her nasty appearance as always as a classic element to the parade. She has a new shimmer & blue lighting effect, which actually effects her hair!

New Stuff:

-“Blue” Effect Hair Lighting

-Shimmer Effects

13. The Little Mermaid – Party

King Triton’s party is looking better than ever! Added is the stunning Shimmer of LEDS that flows through all 3 parts of the float. Also in effect is a new effect: the “blue” effect. When the 1st Shimmer passes by, light blue lights hidden all around the float slowly turn on and off, creating a ripple effect. The 2nd shimmer takes the lights away.

New Stuff:

-“Blue” Lighting

-Shimmer Effects

14. Spinny Fish (2 in Parade)

These guys, closing out the main Water unit, spin around wildly and wink at you! They too get the new shimmer effect, and the new light blue lighting comes in additional scales that fade in and out.

New Stuff:

-“Blue” Lighting

-Shimmer Effects

15. The Whales

The Mother, Father, and Baby whale of Fantasia 2000’s “The Pines of Rome” make their appearance here, the first time in a park. At first, they soar horizontally in the sky held up by unlit supports, somewhat hidden in the horizontal position. A large white star is seen hovering over the whales held up by a large black support. The base of the float is the same ocean waves seen in the Little Mermaid floats. This is during the normal Spectromagic music portion. When the fanfare & shimmer pass, the whole float is engulfed in white LEDs, and the star flashes. The beginning portions of “The Pines of Rome” begin to play and the Whales are lifted into the air on the supports, now in light blue coloring mimicking water splashing out of the sea. They flap their fins in a diagonal position, coming out of the water. The bottom of the float changes from the wave design to a cloud design outlined in light blue.

New Stuff:

-The whole float! Inspired by Fantasia 2000

-3 Giant whales on shining robotic lift arms

-2 Layers of lights – Ocean & Sky

-Audio Track

-Moving fins

-Shimmer Effects
              Last edited by Disneyson 1; 09-09-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

You've certqainly put enough thought into this :-)
                Smile, you never know who's looking !

Comment

Wow, what an amazing level of detail you put into this - I'm impressed! I, too, love this parade and would much prefer to see it updated than unceremoniously scrapped someday. Unfortunately, DL's Blue Fairy has already been turned into scrap metal, so it can't be salvaged, but just as well, for Spectro I'd prefer a slightly bigger version more in scale with the rest of it's existing floats.
                  Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

The Blue Fairy was SCRAPPED??? Wow, I REALLY never heard that before! And thanks guys for all the comments! And WOW!!!!!!! I made the round-up! Thanks everyone who's seen my ideas, I can't thank you guys enough!

Comment

*~~~Sky~~~*

16. Fantasia Unit17 Hercules19 Chernabog

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...