This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Ohana's new menu...

So like 'Ohana is always the place where I have my first dinner at the Resort... It's turned into a sort of tradition with my trips to the 'World.

I noticed that on AllEars the menu for 'Ohana changed last month... sooo... has anyone experienced this new menu and what did you think? Do they still offer the sliced fresh pineapple with caramel sauce at the end of the meal (or can you ask for that instead?) or was that completely replaced by the 'Ohana bread pudding? I guess I would be sad if they did, I'm not a fan of bread pudding but that bananas fosters sauce just sounds really good. Do they still have an additional selection of desserts that you can pay extra for?

Do they still pipe the music from Wishes in the restaurant during the show?

I'm going in January with a few friends and we're planning on staying at the Fort Wilderness cabins... that is, unless the number of folks going drastically changes.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 10-14-2005, 03:25 AM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Re: 'Ohana's new menu...

The main changes were that the shrimp skewers were changed to a shrimp appetizer in a bowl (smaller size shrimp) and the dessert is the bread pudding mess. I didn't ask if you could still get the pineapple and caramel, but they did still have the shaved ice bucket, although it wasn't on the menu.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan
      The main changes were that the shrimp skewers were changed to a shrimp appetizer in a bowl (smaller size shrimp) and the dessert is the bread pudding mess. I didn't ask if you could still get the pineapple and caramel, but they did still have the shaved ice bucket, although it wasn't on the menu.
      Thanks. I'm not a shrimp fan anyways (seafood, just say no!) so that change doesn't affect me too much.

Bread pudding mess... ha ha. I guess I'll ask when I make the ARs for the place.
      Burnt Toast

Comment

I never expericened it before the menu change but I must say it was GREAT when I went. :cgrin: I loved it. As noted above, the shrimp was changed and the bread pudding was good. I'm not a huge fan of it either but I did like this one. It was that good to me. The people I was with loved it too.

I also heard that Lilo & Stitch will be there soon since guests expect them to be there anyway with the name change. Interesting, no?

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
          I never expericened it before the menu change but I must say it was GREAT when I went. :cgrin: I loved it. As noted above, the shrimp was changed and the bread pudding was good. I'm not a huge fan of it either but I did like this one. It was that good to me. The people I was with loved it too.

I also heard that Lilo & Stitch will be there soon since guests expect them to be there anyway with the name change. Interesting, no?
          Yah, Lilo and Stitch are joining Mickey and Pluto for the character breakfast that they have there, but not during dinner.

Hrmn... well, if you don't like bread pudding and you said it was good, maybe I should give it a shot.

I will miss the pineapple with caramel though... so simple but so good.
          Burnt Toast

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Toast
            Yah, Lilo and Stitch are joining Mickey and Pluto for the character breakfast that they have there, but not during dinner.

Hrmn... well, if you don't like bread pudding and you said it was good, maybe I should give it a shot.

I will miss the pineapple with caramel though... so simple but so good.
            Yup. No more Goofy.

If you really enjoy the place.. a little change can't be too much of a bad thing!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
              Yup. No more Goofy.

If you really enjoy the place.. a little change can't be too much of a bad thing!

Well, I'll be finding out in 2 weeks. I've booked a dinner and breakfast there. I hope they are both as good as I remember them.
              Amanda
              Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

Originally posted by MandaBella
                Well, I'll be finding out in 2 weeks. I've booked a dinner and breakfast there. I hope they are both as good as I remember them.
                2 weeks? I'll be here.

Comment

After you come back please let me know what you thought of the new menu!

Muchly appreciated!
                  Burnt Toast

Comment

Hey Burnt - just noticed your location. Used to live at Ball & Beach, here
                    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan
                      Hey Burnt - just noticed your location. Used to live at Ball & Beach, here
                      Not too far from me... sorta. I'm on Lampson and Dale.
                      Burnt Toast

Comment

'Ohana
                        Polynesian
                        Dinner Menu

Menu Date: September 2005
                        ALOHA!
                        'Ohana ...a place of family, laughter and sharing ...Hawaiian style.
                        Spend an Evening with Us and Experience an Unforgettable Event as We Celebrate the Meaning of Family.
                        Your waiter will entertain you with island wit and banter
                        as you are served from 3-foot skewers.
                        Food Served Family Style
                        Adults $24.99; Children 3-9 $10.99
                        Includes coffee, tea and soda

5:00pm to 10:00pm
                        NOTE: ALTERNATIVE CHILDREN'S SELECTIONS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

Starters
                        Fried Wontons served with peanut sauce, chimichurri sauce and harissa
                        Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing
                        Appetizers
                        Spicy-sweet and sour shrimp
                        Honey-coriander chicken wings
                        Skewers
                        Prepared over an oak fire

Marinated Sirloin Steak
                        Asian Barbecue Pork Loin
                        Mesquite Grilled Turkey
                        Hawaiian Pork-sausage with pineapple terriyaki glaze
                        Accompaniments
                        Maui Scalloped Potatoes
                        Stir-fried Vegetables

Dessert
                        'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Bananas Foster Sauce
                        Last edited by Crazy Legs; 10-17-2005, 11:34 AM.
                        :crazylegs

Comment

ok nice looking menu, but what about the shrimp??? I see it on there, but are they still all you can eat shrimp? I love those things...

Comment

The shrimp's part of an appetizer now. Bummer. I really liked the shrimp on the skewers, though fighting to remove the shells was a pain. No pineapple and caramel? That would have been the surefire seller to my girlfriend for eating here next time we visit. Now - we may eat at one of my other faves.
                            Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Comment

Shrimp cost too much. You should know Disney is always looking for ways to cut costs. Plain and simple.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X