X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Adding packages after booking

Hi all!

Well, I'm at it again - planning next years trip.

Here's my question: Within the past couple years, I have been told (by a travel company that shall remain nameless) that, for example, I could go ahead and book my trip for next year, picking the dates and resort that I wanted to say at, and put the $200 down to reserve it right now. But, once a package would come avaliable for that time I have already reserved, that package could be applied onto my exsisting reservation.

Example: Thinking about going down Dec. 13th-23rd next year. Currently, Disney has the "Buy 4, get 3 free" package. If this same package come avaliable next year, I could get that package applied then to the already exsisting reservation.

So - Has anyone ever been told this? Is this true? Does that really work? Just doing a compairison between using the 4+3 package and not is a difference of a little over $900. That's pretty impressive!!!

Thanks all!!!

Re: Adding packages after booking

I haven't done it myself, but I have heard from many people that they got discount codes applied after booking. I don't think it will be a problem at all.
    Keith

Comment

I did it.

Last year, we booked our room and tickets for Oct. and the month before, the free dining became availiable for our time there. A wonderful travel agent here on MC tipped us all off, and gave us the code. I called the next day, and they applied it to our package.

My parents booked just a room, and there was a code to receive 40% off a room during that same time frame. They called in with the code, and it was applied.

Only one problem...when we got there, my parent's code had not been applied. No problem though. The front desk were happy to apply it right then and there.

So....lesson learned..keep that code written down and handy for check in!

Comment

Originally posted by proradvlx View Post
        Hi all!

Here's my question: Within the past couple years, I have been told (by a travel company that shall remain nameless) that, for example, I could go ahead and book my trip for next year, picking the dates and resort that I wanted to say at, and put the $200 down to reserve it right now. But, once a package would come avaliable for that time I have already reserved, that package could be applied onto my exsisting reservation.

Example: Thinking about going down Dec. 13th-23rd next year. Currently, Disney has the "Buy 4, get 3 free" package. If this same package come avaliable next year, I could get that package applied then to the already exsisting reservation.

So - Has anyone ever been told this? Is this true? Does that really work? Just doing a compairison between using the 4+3 package and not is a difference of a little over $900. That's pretty impressive!!!

Thanks all!!!
        Yes, it is true. If you book a package, and a discount comes out, you can have it applied to your reservation. The key here is that you have to call Disney and ask for it. It won't be automatically applied. If you use a travel agent, a good one will watch for the specials and call to have it applied for you.
        Also, remember that the components that a special offer has this year may not have the same components the next year. (We always hope that they are better than the year before!) As an example: Free dining last year gave you the Regular dining package even if you stayed at a value resort. This year you only get the Quick service dining if staying at a value resort.
        Julie Shepherd
        Magical Travel
        Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
        JuliesMagicalTravel@comcast.net
        Toll Free: 1-800-883-1535 Ext. 37

Comment

Originally posted by proradvlx View Post
          Hi all!

Thanks all!!!

Comment

Lot's of very good information - Thanks to all replies!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X