Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

    Schell Games

    Shell Games and Walt Disney Imagineering have colaborated on yet a third innovative new attraction. The other two are Cyberspace Mountain, and more recently Toy Story Midway Mania. Sum of All Thrills opened in October and is the first "design your own ride" attraction. The guest programs the layout anddynamics of their own virtual roler coaster, plane, or bobsled ride. Then they step into a simulator and have the time of their lives!

    So go ahead, personalize your own next generation ride experice. Bring out te creative imagineer in yourself.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

    I love Sum of all Thrills. It is a lot of fun
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

    Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

      Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
      I love Sum of all Thrills. It is a lot of fun
      Cool! Sounds like the ride is a success.
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

        The ride sounds great, but capacity seemed like it would be an issue. Anyone know if the wait-times have made in somewhat inaccessible?
        My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

          Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
          The ride sounds great, but capacity seemed like it would be an issue. Anyone know if the wait-times have made in somewhat inaccessible?
          I'm not certain about capacity, DG. We will have to hear from others that have experienced the ride.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

            Obviously there are was not enough chaos in the World if CNN merits talking about a silly ride at a Disney theme park to fill a few minutes of their air time. Of course, I reckon that Disney paid CNN to include this feature.. because frankly, who would care about it? Except maybe for Anderson Cooper, who is "closeted" and probably a Disney loving geek like most of us gay men.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

              Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              Obviously there are was not enough chaos in the World if CNN merits talking about a silly ride at a Disney theme park to fill a few minutes of their air time. Of course, I reckon that Disney paid CNN to include this feature.. because frankly, who would care about it? Except maybe for Anderson Cooper, who is "closeted" and probably a Disney loving geek like most of us gay men.
              I disagree on this, I think its the best thing to come to innoventions in a long time, and it has the elements I expect from an Epcot attraction
              My Blog: http://imagineeringmind.wordpress.com

              Parks Visited: MK - EPCOT - DHS - DAK - DL - DCA - HKDL - TDL - TDS

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                The ride sounds great, but capacity seemed like it would be an issue. Anyone know if the wait-times have made in somewhat inaccessible?
                I would say right now wait times range between 20-40 minutes during the day, 20 minutes or less in the evening.
                Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

                Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
                May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
                May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
                May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
                Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
                Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
                May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                  I like how getting something on CNN is such a big deal these days. It must be good if you get people that sit there and report about the stupid politicians all day to report something not having to do with politics.
                  DisneyTwins
                  Since May 2003

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                    Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    Obviously there are was not enough chaos in the World if CNN merits talking about a silly ride at a Disney theme park to fill a few minutes of their air time. Of course, I reckon that Disney paid CNN to include this feature.. because frankly, who would care about it? Except maybe for Anderson Cooper, who is "closeted" and probably a Disney loving geek like most of us gay men.
                    Oh my! Do you think you might be giving too cheerful an appraisal? )

                    Originally posted by ChrisFL View Post
                    I disagree on this, I think its the best thing to come to innoventions in a long time, and it has the elements I expect from an Epcot attraction
                    That's the spirit. Glad to hear a positive review as this comes across as an attraction I would very much welcome the opportunity (and consider it a privelege) to try out.

                    Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
                    I would say right now wait times range between 20-40 minutes during the day, 20 minutes or less in the evening.
                    That's a bit of a wait, yet on par with many other rides. Plus, a 20-40 minute wait to design one's own thrill ride would be well worth it to me.

                    Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                    I like how getting something on CNN is such a big deal these days. It must be good if you get people that sit there and report about the stupid politicians all day to report something not having to do with politics.
                    Well put! :bow: Regardless of a person's political persuasion, life is quite a ride. Get in, buckle up... and slam it into gear!
                    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-22-2009, 11:21 PM.
                    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                      Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                      Well put! :bow: Regardless of a person's political persuasion, life is quite a ride. Get in, buckle up... and slam it into gear!
                      Sounds like a great cheap thrill to me..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Sounds like a great cheap thrill to me..

                        :lol:Somebody's been getting around the board peeking in on some of my posts in other threads...
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                          Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
                          I would say right now wait times range between 20-40 minutes during the day, 20 minutes or less in the evening.
                          That's good, thanks.

                          It'll be near the top of my to-do list when I go back. Maybe in 2011.
                          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                            I'm looking forward to this new ride/experience, but a word of warning: I read that the most intense setting on the ride is very very intense indeed, and may be too rough for a lot of people. I would be cautious about trying it, for anyone but the most hardened (read: craziest) thrill ride junkies.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: CNN Touts EPCOT's New SUM OF ALL THRILLS "Make-Your-Own" Ride

                              Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                              I'm looking forward to this new ride/experience, but a word of warning: I read that the most intense setting on the ride is very very intense indeed, and may be too rough for a lot of people. I would be cautious about trying it, for anyone but the most hardened (read: craziest) thrill ride junkies.

                              Thanks for the heads up, disneyfann. We'll take that on your advisement.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X