Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My next trip to WDW

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My next trip to WDW

    Visited WDW for the first time. Had a fabulous time with the world's best tour guide. I am looking forward to going back again this year, thanks to a nice little bonus from my boss.

    This time around, I would like to explore the resort more than the parks. There is so much to see. I know we missed a lot in our whirlwind tour, but I still feel like I saw everything I needed to see during my first time there.

    What should be on my do nto miss list this time around? I know that I want to spend about a day in EPCOT. How long of a trip should I take?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.



    May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

    NO GOATS!

  • #2
    Are you going to be going sans kids again? I'm no help there.

    I can tell you that I thought Animal Kingdom was a beautiful park, not so much to do buy beautiful.

    And I'd suggest staying at a different hotel, even though you loved yours, just to try out the others, since there's so many!!

    Of course you know allllll about the monorail lounge tour so we don't even have to go there!!

    I would say at least 4 days.

    I know when I go back in '06 with the kids I"m hoping for 7-10 days.



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

    Comment


    • #3
      I just bought into the whole Disney Vacation Club thing, so I'll be going at least twice a year. I think I'll start doing a lot more resort exploration too.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

      Find us on Facebook:

      .

      How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dustysage
        I just bought into the whole Disney Vacation Club thing, so I'll be going at least twice a year. I think I'll start doing a lot more resort exploration too.
        Party at Todd's!!! Monorail Lounge Tour!



        Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

        Comment


        • #5
          My best guy friend is coming home from Iraq soon and he wants me and B to go with him and his family on a Disney Cruise and (hopefully) WDW. This may be at the end of the year. *crossing fingers*
          She walks in beauty, like the night
          Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
          And all that's best of dark and bright
          Meet in her aspect and her eyes.....

          --Lord Byron

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dustysage
            I just bought into the whole Disney Vacation Club thing, so I'll be going at least twice a year. I think I'll start doing a lot more resort exploration too.
            Hmmm, I really to need to update my DisneyWorld knowledge banks, but - woe is me - I can't afford both the airfare and the hotel accomodations. What's a boy like me to do??


            Seeing more of the resort than just the parks is a must! Some of the hotels are so gorgeous, and of course Pleasure Island must be experienced. I love the water parks, too. 10-days is the minimum it takes to do the full DisneyWorld thing. Visiting in phases is a good idea if you don't have unlimited time off. It could take 7.6 years to eat at all the good restaurants!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by innerSpaceman
              Seeing more of the resort than just the parks is a must! Some of the hotels are so gorgeous, and of course Pleasure Island must be experienced. I love the water parks, too. 10-days is the minimum it takes to do the full DisneyWorld thing. Visiting in phases is a good idea if you don't have unlimited time off. It could take 7.6 years to eat at all the good restaurants!
              ITA! There is so much to do and see and you just don't get how big it is until you actually get there. I haven't done a water park yet, but I LOVED Pleasure Island, and need to go back I haven't go to do the Adventurer's Club yet!!! I would like to visit more of the hotels and eat at more of the hotels. I'd love to do a nice dinner at California Grill next trip! You are soo right there is just an abundance of good food!! Oh the Moroccon place in Epcot is high on my list too.



              Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                ITA! There is so much to do and see and you just don't get how big it is until you actually get there.
                Hehe, what I love about it is spending a week-to-ten-days there and never leaving Disney property!


                I'm kinda bummed it's an ambience I'll be breaking out of next time I visit, but I will be going off-property to see Islands of Adventure.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would looove a trip to WDW. We are trying to plan one right now for 2006 end of Oct or early Nov. The problem is for 10 days we are looking at nine grand. WAY to much for Disney World. So I need to cut back on the super nice room and all that stuff. Actually it's really a toss up between DLP and WDW both, we've never been to. This is a trip for Sparky's graduation so I guess it's up to him.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Disguy
                    I would looove a trip to WDW. We are trying to plan one right now for 2006 end of Oct or early Nov. The problem is for 10 days we are looking at nine grand. WAY to much for Disney World. So I need to cut back on the super nice room and all that stuff. Actually it's really a toss up between DLP and WDW both, we've never been to. This is a trip for Sparky's graduation so I guess it's up to him.
                    I tollddddd you I'd help you find a better deal! Plus, we need to coincide our 2006 dates so we can meet up for a day or two while we're there!



                    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                      Hehe, what I love about it is spending a week-to-ten-days there and never leaving Disney property!


                      I'm kinda bummed it's an ambience I'll be breaking out of next time I visit, but I will be going off-property to see Islands of Adventure.
                      ISM, my friend, again I'm in total agreement with you!! I PROMISED mr. Ky that we will go to IOA when we go back this time. Hey speaking of IOA, did anyone invite CoasterMatt over here???



                      Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have a trip planned for December 10-18, 2005. I'm budgeting about $1,500-$2,000 each for my sister and I. That is a huge number, isn't it? We're not even staying in the nicest Deluxe. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in a Standard View room. With AAA discount that comes out to be ~$1,500 for the 8 nights. Tickets will be $235 for 5 day Advance Purchase PHs. We'll buy Water Park and PI tickets separately (we won't do the Magic Plus add on because it may be too cold for a water park). We'll also go to MVMCP.

                        Food will be expensive, but that's half the reason for going! We're going to eat at Artist Point, California Grille, and Le Cellier, to name a view. We thought about going for the Dining Plan, but you can't apply discounts to packages yet, so it becomes a rip off.

                        We originally were going to get a town car to get to the resort and stop at a grocery store to buy bottled water and Pepsi for my Pepsi-loving sister (a week at Disney with only Coke drives her crazy), but now that they have the Magical Express we'll save our $80 and just use that. We may walk from DTD to Goodings if she gets desperate for Pepsi.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by millionairegirl
                          We have a trip planned for December 10-18, 2005. I'm budgeting about $1,500-$2,000 each for my sister and I. That is a huge number, isn't it? We're not even staying in the nicest Deluxe. We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in a Standard View room. With AAA discount that comes out to be ~$1,500 for the 8 nights. Tickets will be $235 for 5 day Advance Purchase PHs. We'll buy Water Park and PI tickets separately (we won't do the Magic Plus add on because it may be too cold for a water park). We'll also go to MVMCP.

                          Food will be expensive, but that's half the reason for going! We're going to eat at Artist Point, California Grille, and Le Cellier, to name a view. We thought about going for the Dining Plan, but you can't apply discounts to packages yet, so it becomes a rip off.

                          We originally were going to get a town car to get to the resort and stop at a grocery store to buy bottled water and Pepsi for my Pepsi-loving sister (a week at Disney with only Coke drives her crazy), but now that they have the Magical Express we'll save our $80 and just use that. We may walk from DTD to Goodings if she gets desperate for Pepsi.
                          I would still go with the towncar service. From what I understand it's looking like the Magical Express is through Mears, which should be avoided! LOL!! You can probably find a discount on the towncar too so that would help.

                          Btw, my AAA agent has told me that you do get a discount with the new packages, you may want to double check. There is a list of restaurant's that are available with the dining plan on wdw's site I think that Le Cellier is a double pointer but it still might work out to save you $$.



                          Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My wife and I have only been to WDW twice, the second time was Nov '03, when we went with a AAA package. I have to say, if you rent a car and have a AAA package, the AAA parking pass is soooooooo worth it. You get to park right at the front next to most of the front gates. I so want to go back.

                            We wanted to do the restort hopping thing but just never had the time to! We are hoping to go back sometime in the next five years.
                            **************************************
                            :captain: Brian9549

                            Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
                            The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
                            The Country Bear Jamboree
                            The Country Bear Christmas Show

                            Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hello to all the WDW fans!

                              I am excited to join this forum and just wanted to say hi to all the other WDW fans out there!

                              I've read a lot of the posts today and I wanted to share a bit of fun my wife and I enjoy on our visits.

                              We are WDW regulars (from Illinois). My wife was a cast member who did character work and danced in various parades and shows. We visit at least once a year, but in 2004 we were lucky to hit WDW twice and Disneyland Paris once!

                              We have some friends that work for the parks (he is head of entertainment at MGM and his wife works as "DeVine" at Animal Kingdom) and this past July they took us to the Contemporary's California Grill for dinner and then an amazing rooftop view of the Wishes Nighttime Spectacular! I strongly suggest checking this out if you want a wonderful Disney night (and then head over to the Adventurer's Club)!


                              (this shaky digital photo doesn't come close to how beautiful it is )

                              I hope to share wonderful tips and gain new ones from this new forum!

                              Aaron
                              Last edited by buzz lightbeer; 01-15-2005, 01:18 PM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X