This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Western River Expedition Photoshop Fun

A few days ago, ProgressCityUSA posted a piece of concept art to their website, depicting the facade of the never-built Western River Expedition. This infamous attraction concept would have been built along the Rivers of America, roughly where Splash Mountain is today. It's not a particularly rare piece of concept art, but I must say I've never seen in such a high resolution as ProgressCityUSA had it. The webmaster than invited the readers to let the image fill your web browser, and simply imagine it were real.

Well, I did that, and it was a nice thought. But I then wondered what I could do to make the concept art even more realistic. Also, I have a sort of mini-project this summer to improve my photoshop skills by the time I go back to college studio this fall.

So after an hour or two of shopping some photo, I came up with this:

Although it may not fill up your browser screen (my guest Flickr account won't let me post it as large as the file on my desktop), I nonetheless invite you to gander at it and imagine what could have been.

I also invite any Photoshop experts (myself not being one) to come in and try their own hand at making this rendering photo-realistic.

Re: Western River Expedition Photoshop Fun

What's different besides the blue sky photoshopped in (that took 2 hours?)? It looks the same as the concept art I've seen years ago.

Comment

The water is also photoshopped in, and it may just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but it also looks somewhat sharper in general than the concept art. Didn't catch anything else though.
      "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Well, I applied some rock texture to the rockwork, and then added gradients and some shading to other parts to create a greater sense of depth.

Hehe, still need to practice my photoshop I guess.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X