Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Savannah Trekking Experience Coming to Animal Kingdom!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Savannah Trekking Experience Coming to Animal Kingdom!

New Adventure at Disney?s Animal Kingdom Theme Park will have Guests Trekking into the Savannah Disney Parks Blog

Sounds like a more intimate, personal safari. Will be interesting to see if they let you walk along the reserve. I doubt it for safety reasons, but it implies they might I think.

I'm also curious as to the price...

This seems like a possible replacement for the boutique park perhaps?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Re: New Savannah Trekking Experience Coming to Animal Kingdom!

Awwwesome, I think. This is what Animal Kingdom should be like. They better not do something to ruin it, now... Just make it like any other guided tour.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

I'm being optimistic, I'll wait to see what it entails. However, if all they do is roll you out on a truck and you feed a giraffe I will be a little disappointed. LOL

Comment

Comment

I can think of a possible downside: if the trucks and their feeding activities are visible to the regular attraction - and I think they will be - it will be a (slight) visual intrusion into the storyline.
          Kevin Yee
          MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
          Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
          Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
          Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
          Mouse Trap
          Tokyo Disney Made Easy
          101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
          Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
            I can think of a possible downside: if the trucks and their feeding activities are visible to the regular attraction, it will be a (slight) visual intrusion into the storyline.
            How so?
            -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

The conceit (fantasy) of the storyline is that you're out in the bush - it's just you and the animals (and the trees). But that fantasy is harder to maintain if there are folks feeding those same giraffes you had wanted to take a picture of "in the wild."

It's not really the wild, and the presence of the trucks in front of and behind you also spoil the illusion, but this would be one additional spoiling.
              Kevin Yee
              MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
              Tokyo Disney Made Easy

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Wow, that sounds like a nightmare come true to me. :botox:
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I did say "slight" visual intrusion. Sorry if my opinions offended...
                  Kevin Yee
                  MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
                  Tokyo Disney Made Easy

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                    I did say "slight" visual intrusion. Sorry if my opinions offended...
                    Kevin, if you're referring to NNL's comment, it's because she dislikes the safari and being so close to the animals, not about the visual intrusion. So, no worries.

It is implied you'll go off the beaten path however, so hopefully this will avoid any intrusions?

Comment

Ah, gotcha. No worries.

If they are not visible from the ride, I can't see any downside. Unless it's hugely expensive or something
                      Kevin Yee
                      MiceAge Columnist

Mouse Trap
                      Tokyo Disney Made Easy

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                        New Adventure at Disney?s Animal Kingdom Theme Park will have Guests Trekking into the Savannah Disney Parks Blog

Sounds like a more intimate, personal safari. Will be interesting to see if they let you walk along the reserve. I doubt it for safety reasons, but it implies they might I think.

I'm also curious as to the price...

This seems like a possible replacement for the boutique park perhaps?
                        Does this mean that we might not have the off-rumored Night Kingdom?

Timekeeper
                        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by Timekeeper View Post
                          Does this mean that we might not have the off-rumored Night Kingdom?

Timekeeper
                          From what I've read online, the economy pretty much killed the idea. However, I am not in the know, so here are some things that could happen:

1-This is being introduced because Night Kingdom is gone.
                          2-This is a test to see how interested people really are in it.
                          3-If Night Kingdom gets the green light (a big if), then they'll move it there.

Pretty sure 1 is the answer, but again, I'm no expert. From all accounts I've seen though, Night Kingdom is no more.

Comment

Yoyo, they are copying Busch Gardens. They have been doing the same truck in the mud tours for years. Reason why SummerInFL is so excited about this.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                              From what I've read online, the economy pretty much killed the idea. However, I am not in the know, so here are some things that could happen:

1-This is being introduced because Night Kingdom is gone.
                              2-This is a test to see how interested people really are in it.
                              3-If Night Kingdom gets the green light (a big if), then they'll move it there.

Pretty sure 1 is the answer, but again, I'm no expert. From all accounts I've seen though, Night Kingdom is no more.
                              Was there ever any "real" confirmation that Night Kingdom was even under consideration to begin with? AFAIK, the only "source" regarding Night Kingdom was an article from JHM, and even the legitimate news sites that reported on the possibility of Night Kingdom were merely repeating it as a story that they had gotten from JHM. JHM tends to be... ah... well... I think you know.
                              I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                              -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X