This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Your Favorite Attraction at All the Parks

Well, the top attractions at the parks was a good thread and all and there was some good discussions on rides that some love/hate and rides that used to be good and have declined. However, let's be more specific for fun. I know it is hard, but try to narrow it down to just 1 attraction out of all 4 parks that is your utmost favorite, and you wouldn't miss it if you went to Disney World. Yes, I am asking you to pick one total attraction that is the best at WDW, so you will have to compare attractions from different parks say Tower of Terror verses haunted Mansion verses Expedition Everest.

I really don't have an opinion here :-P! At DL, I would probably say Pirates of the Caribbean. At WDW, I don't really remember liking one particular ride a ton more than the others. Maybe I would say, Space Mountain.

O yes, you can defend your choice and why it is your favorite choice too.

Also, pick the worst attraction in the parks in your opinion. You can defend that one too as I'm sure there will be some debate on it!
    Last edited by Yackerz; 08-05-2010, 05:24 AM.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Your Favorite Attraction at All the Parks

Oh boy, that's really tough for me.

We go often enough (four times a year or so) that I never feel "deprived" of my favorite attractions.

It's easier for me to pick for Disneyland, which I almost never get to go to (Pirates, for it's incredible detail, nuances (blue bayou, fireflies, treasure, etc)

hmm.... I could pick Everest, though it was so much better when the Yeti was working, and I can't say I never miss it, we pretty much always miss it because there really isn't anything else at that park that attracts us there...

I think I'll go with Haunted Mansion. I'm rather proud of our HM refurb that was done a few years back... it maintains enough of the nostalgic original and yet is polished enough to feel fresh and new and eternally "cool" It's one ride I think is actually better in Orlando, I'm always sure to ride, I love it every time, and I never get tired of it.

So yeah, Haunted Mansion

Can I pick a least favorite too? Stitch's Great Escape.
    Worst. Attraction. Ever.

Comment

hahaha.. so I take it stich is a must skip for me haha. yes, I will edit my original post to request people to comment on the worst attraction ever.
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Yes, if you only follow one piece of advice from these forums, make it this: Don't go on Stitch! It's truly excruciating and bad. Sometimes we go by on the People Mover and I want to yell down to people waiting in line: "SUCKERS!!!!" or "Save yourselves while you still can!!!"

Comment

Ok, I'll list a favorite and a least favorite for each of the parks:
          Favorite .........................Least Favorite
          Magic Kingdom .........Haunted mansion ...............Stitch Great Escape

Epcot .......................Spaceship Earth ................Circle of Life (inside the Land Pavilion)

Disney Studios .........Tower of Terror ..................Tram Tour

Animal Kingdom .......Safari ................................Planet Watch (Boring)

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Splash, Mission Space, Dinosaur, Tower. Subject to change in the next few days; last visit was 2005.

I think that Sounds Dangerous is without question the worst attraction I've experienced at WDW.
            I'll add Tiki Room and Cap'n EO to that. Haven't seen enough of AK to really dislike anything, although Ches-n-Hes is unfortunate compared to the rest of the park
            A bientot.
            Last edited by ralfrick; 08-02-2010, 07:58 PM.
            Remember
            What the dormouse said
            Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Favorites: Splash Mountain, Living with the Land, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest.

Least Favorites: Stitch's Great Escape, Honey I Shrunk the Audience/Captain EO, Backlot Tour, Festival of the Lion King.
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Magic Kingdom
                Favorite: Probably sounds crazy, but...TTA! :yea: Only because I miss having a Peoplemover type attraction at DL, so riding one at WDW makes me feel happy.
                Least favorite: Tiki Room Under New Management. NEVER AGAIN. :yuck:

EPCOT
                Favorite: Spaceship Earth
                Least Favorite: Journey Into Imagination. Unfortunately I never got a chance to experience the original version, just the current one. I've seen ride thru videos of the old JIA and I can't for the life of me comprehend why they completely destroyed what appeared to be a wonderful ride. :thumbdown

Hollywood Studios
                Favorite: The Great Movie Ride. Definitely needs updating, but still enjoyable.
                Least Favorite: Lights, Motors, Action! Okay, as if the Backlot Tour hasn't been slashed to bits enough over the years, the addition of this show made it worse! Now it feels like all you do on the tram is drive around the giant LMA! stadium. This show is also responsible for the removal of my beloved Golden Girls house.

Animal Kingdom
                Favorite: Expedition Everest
                Least Favorite: All the Chester and Hester crap.

Comment

Favorites are Haunted Mansion, Grand Fiesta Tour, It's a Small World, and Pirates of the Caribbean. In that order. Least favorite is Stitch's Great Escape. (I can stand Tiki Room and Laugh Floor. Imagination, barely.)
                  -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Magic Kingdom:
                    All Time Favorite: Mickey's Philharmagic
                    All Time LEAST Favorite: Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management

Epcot:
                    All Time Favorite: Spaceship Earth
                    All Time LEAST Favorite: The Circle of Life

Disney's Hollywood Studio
                    All Time Favorite: The Great Movie Ride
                    All Time LEAST Favorite: Sounds Dangerous

Disney's Animal Kingdom
                    All Time Favorite: Festival of the Lion King
                    All Time LEAST Favorite: Primeval Whirl

WDW ALL TIME FAVORITE: Festival of the Lion King
                    WDW ALL TIME LEAST FAVORITE: Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

My choices are somewhat biased because a lot of the rides that are at both DL and WDW are not that special to me at WDW.

Magic Kingdom FAVORITE: Philharmagic
                      Magic Kingdom WORST: Stitch

Hollywood Studios FAVORITE: Lights Motors Action
                      Hollywood Studios WORST: Sounds Dangerous

Epcot FAVORITE: Innoventions (kinda cheating since there's so much stuff there)
                      Epcot WORST: World Showcase in the Summer (so brutal walking around there we just skip it now)

Animal Kingdom FAVORITE: Nemo Musical
                      Animal Kingdom WORST: Would probably be Primeval Whirl if I ever rode it. But since I haven't I'll say Dinosaur because it is terrible compared to Indy.

OVERALL FAVORITE: Finding Nemo Musical
                      OVERALL WORST: Stitch

Comment

Eric, C'mon!!! Philharmagic? Best Ever?? Are you kidding us?? Hahahahaha! Doesn't speak highly of the MK's offerings when some of you feel a mediocre 3D film is the best this park can offer guests.

But, oooook..

Hmmm My favorites:

MK: If you had Wings
                        EPCOT: Horizons
                        DHS: One man's Dream
                        DAK: Maharaja Jungle Trek

Internationally:
                        DL: Alice in Wonderland
                        DCA: CA Screaming
                        TDL: Pooh's Hunny Hunt
                        TDS: Journey to the Center of the Earth
                        DLP: Pirates of the carribean
                        WDSP: Cinemagique
                        HKDL: Jungle River Cruise

The Least favs:
                        MK: Country bears Jamboree
                        EPCOT: Maelstrom
                        DHS: Indy Stunt show.
                        DAK: The entire Chester hester area.

Internationally:
                        DL: Innoventions
                        DCA: The entire Bug's Land.
                        TDL: Captain EO
                        TDS: Magical Lamp Theater
                        DLP: Aladdin's Enchanted Passage
                        WDSP;:that Cars spinner, whatever the name is..
                        HKDL: Stitch Encounter.

Comment

DL: Pirates of the Caribbean
                          DCA: California Screamin'
                          MK: Splash Mountain
                          EC: Spaceship Earth
                          DS: Great Movie Ride
                          DAK: Countdown to Extinction

Past-MK: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Comment

Unfortunately, this thread has just been a reduced list version of my other thread "Favorite attractions at the park - (top 5)" I was hoping here for something different and forcing you to choose between your top attraction between all the parks and pick a favorite. Some people did that O well! haha. Thank you for the responses anyhow.

For those of you who like California Screamin' at DCA, you should go to Cedar Point and ride some real roller coasters. To me Screamin' is just a below mediocre roller coaster with some slight theming. I guess you have Knott's Berry in CA with a couple good coasters but not Cedar's Millenium Force though 310 foot high that will make California Screamin' into a soft whimper which is barely over 100 ft. Top speed California' 59 mph / Max speed on the millenium 93 Mph. Also, even though Screamin' is a rather long ride 2 min 36 sec, the millenium is equal to it 2 min 20 sec.
                            If you like the launching to top speeds that screamin/rockin' does using a linear motor, then ride the maverick, which has two launches up to 70 MPH or the top thrill dragster which launches you over 120 mph.

California screamin' to me feels slow, cheesey with that music, and not near as smoothe as many of the coasters I've been on twice its size which are in no particular order in case you want to ride a "good coaster":
                            Kennywood Park Pittsburgh - Revenge of the Phantom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Griffin' / Apollo's Charriot, King's Island Mason Ohio - the Diamondback, Cedar Point - Maverick (not really twice the size but a far superior ride)/Millenium Force/Magnum XL-200

Of course these aren't all the coasters I've been on, these are just the ones that in my opinion are far better than the California Screamin' and you'd probably like if you like california screamin'. I haven't been to Knott's or Six Flags. I've also been to Hershey in PA which has some good coasters, but none I'd put on this list other than the Faranheight which I have yet to ride. If you want a coaster like the california screamin' I could list one in every major coaster park in the US that is its equal, some with better theming. This is not a Disney quality ride. Knott's comparatively has the Xcelerator far taller and faster 205 ft. I'm sure Six Flags has some equally massive thrill rides.

I know some of you are thinking but Screamin' is supposed to portray an old boardwalk coaster made out of wood so it shouldn't be some huge / speed ride. Well I've road plenty of wooden coasters before as well, and Screamin is not a wooden coaster. It is no better a pretend wooden coaster than it is a steel coaster. Ride Ghostrider at Knott's if you want a good wooden coaster. (of course i never ridden it. It is just famous!)
                            Some good wooden coasters that I'd suggest on the east coast:
                            Kennywood Park - Jack Rabbit/Thunderbolt. King's Island - The Beast, Cedar Point - Gemini, Hershey Park, PA - The Comet, Coney Island, Brooklyn - The Cyclone. You get the picture.
                            Last edited by Yackerz; 08-04-2010, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post

I think that Sounds Dangerous is without question the worst attraction I've experienced at WDW.
                              I know I'm in the VAST minority, but I actually like Sounds Dangerous. :blush: One of those guilty pleasures. I think it's better than the current tram tour at any rate...
                              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X