X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] WDW: Old Photos and Ephemera Thread

To be sort of a companion to a thread I have in the Disneyland section:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...emera-day.html

I have overall less materials from Disney World, but still scanning items and always on the lookout for new sources at bookstores, paper shows, ebay, etc. This thread will be added to as long as there is interest and material to add on my end, and if any folks out there have old photos or materials, please do feel free to go ahead and add also!

To start off, here are a few images:

Happy/overly posed guests ride through the troll-infested woods of Maelstrom.

A nice aerial view of MGM Studios park from early in it's career

Characters entertain guests inside the Contemporary Hotel.

Employees give one of the residents of the Jungle Cruise a once-over after installation before the Magic Kingdom opens

Hope these have been enjoyed, comments more than welcome, and this thread will be a lot of fun to add on to!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Re: WDW: Old Photos and Ephemera Thread

Me likey. Now I'm gonna dig out my old photos.

Anyone remember this?

THAT is what the castle looked like the last time I saw it in March of 1997. :blink:
    temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

I've really enjoyed lurking through your DL thread, thanks for starting this one!
      ABOMIBOT
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Personal Site ABOMIBOT.com | Professional Site Playhead.com | Follow My Tweets
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I do infact GG, that was the first time I went to WDW, the castle looked appauling, I even complained to my Mom and Dad that it wasn't as nice as DLP's castle. I was a whiney and moany 7 year old, i'll be honest.

Thanks for the pics so far, keep 'em coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
          Me likey. Now I'm gonna dig out my old photos.

Anyone remember this?

THAT is what the castle looked like the last time I saw it in March of 1997. :blink:
          I was there for that...rather unfortunate overlay as well. But thank you for sharing the image, keep them coming if got more!

Comment

I love love love your DL thread.... please keep it up!
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I actually liked the birthday cake overlay the first time I saw it, but when they left it up for a year longer than it should have, it got old. It also looked best only straight on from Main Street. Everywhere else the castle was painted a pepto bismol pink. Not good to see while eating at Cosmic Rays. LOL

But then again, Disney World is famous for leaving things up longer than they shoud have.... most famously Mickey's Birthdayland. A temporary spot to celebrate Mickey's 50th or 60th Birthday, Mickey will be 81 in November and his Birthdayland became ToonTown Faire, and is still lingering around.

Comment

Awesome pictures and thread. Will be keeping up with this.

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                But then again, Disney World is famous for leaving things up longer than they shoud have.... most famously Mickey's Birthdayland. A temporary spot to celebrate Mickey's 50th or 60th Birthday, Mickey will be 81 in November and his Birthdayland became ToonTown Faire, and is still lingering around.
                You can say that again. The wand, the hat, Camp Minnie-Mickey... Too much else to count.
                -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                  I actually liked the birthday cake overlay the first time I saw it, but when they left it up for a year longer than it should have, it got old. It also looked best only straight on from Main Street. Everywhere else the castle was painted a pepto bismol pink. Not good to see while eating at Cosmic Rays. LOL
                  It wasn't even completely finished. The backside of the castle wasn't covered completely and the real castle was still visible on the bottom two levels. Looked horrible.
                  temp_39091_1443218350388_737

Mike and Karen ran toward the old house, through the old iron gate, and onto the porch for protection. Protection...? If only they had known...

Comment

I love the malstrom shot! that has always been the ride of what if... So much potential and I think they just dropped the ball with it!
                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

The Pink Pepto Bismol Cake of Doom!

*runs away screaming*

Comment

Thank you all very much for the feedback!

Have a trio of images for your Saturday:

Over at the Magic Kingdom, one used to be able to ride on the dark ride Dreamflight before it was evicted by a certain Space Ranger...

River Country, also now defunct.

And last but not least, a lovely nighttime view of World of Motion, which gave way to the thrills of Test Track.

Thank you again for looking, and hope these are enjoyed!

Comment

LOVE IT!!!! Need MAS!
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Here comes today's assortment of images:

Either the Dolphin or the Swan under construction (apologies for not being sure which) with Epcot visible in the distance

Labeling on this one was vague as well, I believe it to be a scene viewed when unloading Space Mountain and have half a memory of seeing something similar on first visit to Magic Kingdom.

This pair likely needs no introduction as they greet guests outside the Imagination pavilion...

Early view of Star Tours exterior. Note C3PO greeting guests towards the bottom of the image.

Thanks as always for looking, comments and thoughts always welcome, and if you've got older images do share!

Comment

I totally used to have one of those figment hats!! Thanks for sharing I love these pictures!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X