Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

    Hello!
    So, my best friend, CourtneyDax, and I are seniors this year and plan on going to the Walt Disney World Resort and all the parks (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Magic Kingdom) as our senior trip in August.

    And she wanted me to ask, since we are avid Disneyland goers, what we should see and what we shouldn't see in Walt Disney World. I'm pretty sure we're going for about a week and are probably spending a day in each park (I think)

    So I was hoping that you guys could help us figure out how to best use our time for attractions, and shows, and restaurants and etc.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

    -Kimmehface
    "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."



  • #2
    Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

    I recommend the stuff Disneyland no longer has. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover and Country Bear Jamboree are 2. Also, you can see the Hall of Presidents. It's like Lincoln, only on a bigger scale. The American Adventure at Epcot is entertaining to. Spaceship Earth is cool. Star Tours is down at WDW too. Check out the Great Movie Ride. It may be slow but it's still fun. Tower of Terror is also on a bigger scale at WDW. SKIP STITCH'S GREAT ESCAPE, IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! The first Space Mountain is also at home at WDW, but it has no music and the queue is, interesting... Splash Mountain is different too as well as Big Thunder right next to it. There's a lack of rides in Fantasyland. Pick the green team for Mission: SPACE if you want to do that. Universe of Energy is long but at least you can cool off. Nemo is like the subs only in omnimover version. The Maelstrom is strange, but fun. Expedition Everest is like the Matterhorn, only Everest, and it goes backwards, and the yeti doesn't move... Moving On! Rock N Roller Coaster is like California Screamin' only it's inside a building and it has more than 1 loop. Also, check out Dinosaur. It may have the same track layout and ride technology as Indy, but it's VERY different! You should see Fantasmic! and the Electrical Parade. Eat at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe if you want to. Nothing beats eating while an alien sings! So...that's all I got. Have fun!
    Last edited by CaptainEO,ATIS; 01-31-2011, 06:41 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

      Originally posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
      I recommend the stuff Disneyland no longer has. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover and Country Bear Jamboree are 2. Also, you can see the Hall of Presidents. It's like Lincoln, only on a bigger scale. The American Adventure at Epcot is entertaining to. Spaceship Earth is cool. Star Tours is down at WDW too. Check out the Great Movie Ride. It may be slow but it's still fun. Tower of Terror is also on a bigger scale at WDW. SKIP STITCH'S GREAT ESCAPE, IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! The first Space Mountain is also at home at WDW, but it has no music and the queue is, interesting... Splash Mountain is different too as well as Big Thunder right next to it. There's a lack of rides in Fantasyland. Pick the green team for Mission: SPACE if you want to do that. Universe of Energy is long but at least you can cool off. Nemo is like the subs only in omnimover version. The Maelstrom is strange, but fun. Expedition Everest is like the Matterhorn, only Everest, and it goes backwards, and the yeti doesn't move... Moving On! Rock N Roller Coaster is like California Screamin' only it's inside a building and it has more than 1 loop. Also, check out Dinosaur. It may have the same track layout and ride technology as Indy, but it's VERY different! You should see Fantasmic! and the Electrical Parade. Eat at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe. So...that's all I got. Have fun!
      WOW. That is a lot of info. I love it! Thanks! I think that will really help!
      "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

        If your avid Disneyland goers, I suggest spending most of your time in the other 3 parks. You can't get most of the experiences in Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom at Disneyland. Also, you might want to see some of the stuff Disneyland doesn't have anymore. Like the guy above me said, Country Bear Jamboree and PeopleMover are both fun and relaxing. He says avoid Stitch. I say, ride it once and decide for yourself if you want to ride it again. Some hate it. Some love it. When your there, Toontown will be closed and Snow White's Scary Adventure may also be closed. Both because of the Fantasyland expansion. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is pretty fun if you have some free time, you should check it out. I say, avoid the Tiki Room. If you like the California version, you'll hate the Florida version. Last thing I'm going to say...check out the Carousel of Progress. It never has much of a crowd, and if nothing else, it's a nice place to cool off in the summer heat.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

          Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
          If your avid Disneyland goers, I suggest spending most of your time in the other 3 parks. You can't get most of the experiences in Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom at Disneyland. Also, you might want to see some of the stuff Disneyland doesn't have anymore. Like the guy above me said, Country Bear Jamboree and PeopleMover are both fun and relaxing. He says avoid Stitch. I say, ride it once and decide for yourself if you want to ride it again. Some hate it. Some love it. When your there, Toontown will be closed and Snow White's Scary Adventure may also be closed. Both because of the Fantasyland expansion. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is pretty fun if you have some free time, you should check it out. I say, avoid the Tiki Room. If you like the California version, you'll hate the Florida version. Last thing I'm going to say...check out the Carousel of Progress. It never has much of a crowd, and if nothing else, it's a nice place to cool off in the summer heat.
          Thanks! We'll definitely take that into consideration!
          "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

            Thank you to all who've posted!!! You're awesome. Kim, I really don't want to go on Stitch anymore. It sounds like a slightly less invasive version of It's Tough To Be a Bug! And I hate that stupid show! Read this review. I mean I would love Love LOVE to see the animatronic Stitch (because of my techy self) but I hate being tortured at any Disney park. Maybe I'll watch it on Youtube first...
            Stitch's Great Escape at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

              Originally posted by CourtneyDax View Post
              Thank you to all who've posted!!! You're awesome. Kim, I really don't want to go on Stitch anymore. It sounds like a slightly less invasive version of It's Tough To Be a Bug! And I hate that stupid show! Read this review. I mean I would love Love LOVE to see the animatronic Stitch (because of my techy self) but I hate being tortured at any Disney park. Maybe I'll watch it on Youtube first...
              Stitch's Great Escape at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
              I know, I am so awesome!
              If you don't want to go, that's fine. There are other things to see
              "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                everything
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                No matter where you go, there you are.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                  I have another question: I really wanna go see Dream Along With Mickey. Is it still in operation and that's at the Magic Kingdom right?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                    Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom has some extra bits and upgraded tech over Disneyland, and was just recently refurbished..if it is one you like, definitely go for a few rides on the MK version, it is worth seeing.
                    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                      Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                      Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom has some extra bits and upgraded tech over Disneyland, and was just recently refurbished..if it is one you like, definitely go for a few rides on the MK version, it is worth seeing.
                      Thanks! That definitely something I wanted to check out!
                      "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                        Originally posted by CourtneyDax View Post
                        I have another question: I really wanna go see Dream Along With Mickey. Is it still in operation and that's at the Magic Kingdom right?
                        Yes Dream Along with Mickey is still showing ^-^


                        Also OP, you should also might wanna try Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. They are the water parks at WDW. I know its just a water park, but the themeing at each probably makes them the most unique water parks I have ever been to.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                          There's also Small World without film characters, and a better Pooh Ride. Pirates may be shorter but the queue is very different, if you're into that sort of thing. Oh and Philharmagic. That show is pretty awesome. I'm also a big fan of the ice cream cookie sandwiches at the Sleepy Hollow stand in Liberty Square.

                          Aside from all the similar attractions, All of Epcot's Future world except for Nemo and Soarin' is full of things you won't find elsewhere. Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Test Track, and Imagination are all very original. They are especially good if you've never been to Epcot before and have nothing really to compare it to. In World showcase, the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico is pretty great. The Maelstrom is also cool though surprisingly short. Epcot also has the best selection of restaurants.

                          Hollywood Studios has Tower of Terror with extra random terror, Rock'n'Rollercoaster is a good coaster and the coaster on property with inversions. The Great Movie Ride is still the best attraction in that park. The Sci-Fi Drive in is a fun place to eat, especially if you like cheesy old sci-fi movies.

                          In Animal Kingdom, you should check out the Kilimanjaro Safaris and Everest, and that's about it. Personally, I think Dinosaur is stupid, unless you like being bounced around in the dark while an annoying guy says "Computer, identify," and "Not our dino," over and over for about six minutes.

                          One of the most important things you should do, is take the ferry from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom.
                          It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                            Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                            There's also Small World without film characters, and a better Pooh Ride. Pirates may be shorter but the queue is very different, if you're into that sort of thing. Oh and Philharmagic. That show is pretty awesome. I'm also a big fan of the ice cream cookie sandwiches at the Sleepy Hollow stand in Liberty Square.

                            Aside from all the similar attractions, All of Epcot's Future world except for Nemo and Soarin' is full of things you won't find elsewhere. Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Test Track, and Imagination are all very original. They are especially good if you've never been to Epcot before and have nothing really to compare it to. In World showcase, the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico is pretty great. The Maelstrom is also cool though surprisingly short. Epcot also has the best selection of restaurants.

                            Hollywood Studios has Tower of Terror with extra random terror, Rock'n'Rollercoaster is a good coaster and the coaster on property with inversions. The Great Movie Ride is still the best attraction in that park. The Sci-Fi Drive in is a fun place to eat, especially if you like cheesy old sci-fi movies.

                            In Animal Kingdom, you should check out the Kilimanjaro Safaris and Everest, and that's about it. Personally, I think Dinosaur is stupid, unless you like being bounced around in the dark while an annoying guy says "Computer, identify," and "Not our dino," over and over for about six minutes.

                            One of the most important things you should do, is take the ferry from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom.
                            Thanks! That's a lot of help!
                            "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

                              Originally posted by j2249 View Post
                              Yes Dream Along with Mickey is still showing ^-^


                              Also OP, you should also might wanna try Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. They are the water parks at WDW. I know its just a water park, but the themeing at each probably makes them the most unique water parks I have ever been to.
                              I don't know if we'll have time, so we'll see. Thanks!
                              "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."


                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X