This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Star Tous soft opens for all

Today Star Tours was open to the general public. No GTD's this will be daily but its likely. For those worried if the new Star Tours was going to be a worthy replacement to the original adventure..... good news.

It is. Its fun, its repeatable, it has all the heart of the original and all the excitement of being new. It will take you about 5 five rides, give or take a few rides, to see all the scenes. And some of then are true gems.

AL's review on the DL forum is pretty spot on.

Go and enjoy.... May the Force be with you.

Re: Star Tous soft opens for all

Pictures?

Videos?

Anyone?

Comment

From what I've heard, they were restricting guests from taking photos and videos, which is going surprisingly well.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

Description of theming? how does it compare to DL's?
        Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.

Comment

The ride was insanely fun. I rode it 6 times. I also snapped a quick Picture of C3PO but it's in 3D so I can't really post it here. I got yelled at for having my 3DS out, they didn't let us use ANYTHING ELECTRONIC. Very annoying, yet random people were snapping away with their DSLR's while the CM's weren't looking.

Imagination is just the start

Comment

Lol....oh Disney SOMEONE will get pictures out and a video....WHY not just let it be YOU (Disney) I never got why they don't just film there own ride/shows first SO they make the money off the Video's
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I personally think this is bad show. If they don't want anyone taking pictures, then they shouldn't be opening it to guests.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

I'm sure Disney wants to keep as much of the attraction off the net as possible, especially while the ride is still new. Of course Disney wants people to see it at the parks, not online.
                sigpic

Comment

Disney wants to keep it secretive until it "officailly" opens, especailly with the Grand Opening for the one in California

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                    Lol....oh Disney SOMEONE will get pictures out and a video....WHY not just let it be YOU (Disney) I never got why they don't just film there own ride/shows first SO they make the money off the Video's
                    Because it would ruin the suprise and experiance. If they did that then people wouldn't go to the parks as much.

Comment

It would be really nice if Disneyland did this too.
                      When You Keep On Believing, A Dream That You Wish Will Come True
                      Visit my Flickr!

Comment

I know Star Tours opening wasn't really announced for the soft opening so that skips some of the crowd draw, but 20 minute wait time is great! What do you think the expected wait time is after the attraction officially opens?

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
                          I know Star Tours opening wasn't really announced for the soft opening so that skips some of the crowd draw, but 20 minute wait time is great! What do you think the expected wait time is after the attraction officially opens?
                          LONG. I rode TSMM right after its opening, and the line was about 3 hours long. I hope it won't have officially opened when I'm there, so I'll be able to ride it a lot.
                          Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.

Comment

Welcome to the obsessively, maniacally paranoid, "brand-driven" world of The Walt Disney Company. Why anyone agrees to this "no pictures" thing is beyond me. They tried to take my camera and cell phone away from me at D23 Expo, and I just walked away. That was ridiculous. Disney wants to control everything, even if it means tackling a guest to the ground should they (eep!) try to (egad) take a (God forbid) PICTURE!

Comment

Wow, Florida is being super strict huh? Can we at least get some standard signage and endor queue shots?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X