Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Fantasmic returning to Nightly!!!!!

Ok. I so wanted to call this news, as my source is pretty good. But.... I have been steered wrong before so I decided to post this as rumor.

So.... news is....errrr ahhhh.... Rumor is that Fantasmic will be returning to Nightly shows at DHS starting sometime in July.

Should remain nightly through the rest of the fiscal year. Not sure after that. I guess they will see how attendance responses and decided from that point.

Also, since its going nightly, I would expect no more then 1 show a night, perhaps with some very few exceptions. Holiday week in December would be my guess.

Again hoping that this rumor officially turns to news soon

Re: Fantasmic returning to Nightly!!!!!

well it is welcomed! woot woot!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I would hope all the original effects are working to. I would much rather see them do the full out, all effects running, show 3-4 nights a week then a shadow of its former self every night. This does seem like their moving in the right direction though so I remain hopeful

Comment

It IS showing every night in July, August, and September, already posted on WDW's website and others. The show has always run with full effects, I've never seen it missing any of the effects except if there were technical difficulties I'm assuming. The only effects missing and these have been gone for a long time are some of the pyro during the Sorcerer's Apprentice sequence on the water screens. But this is very good news!!!

Comment

This just made my day! It will definetly make planning for my trip in September a lot more flexible! The first time I saw was back in 2000 and it got rained out when we were there in 2009 so I am sooo excited to see it this year! I can't wait!
          "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Comment

The show hasn't had all the opening year effects in 3 years. I don't see them planning to start now.
            -Bill

Comment

It IS showing every night in July, August, and September, already posted on WDW's website and others. The show has always run with full effects, I've never seen it missing any of the effects except if there were technical difficulties I'm assuming. The only effects missing and these have been gone for a long time are some of the pyro during the Sorcerer's Apprentice sequence on the water screens. But this is very good news!!!
              Like Bill said, there are quite a few effects that have been missing for a while and Kevin Yee pointed out quite a few fireworks cutbacks and some missing or lacking effects that have happened recently as well.

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              The show hasn't had all the opening year effects in 3 years. I don't see them planning to start now.
              Yes this is what I have feared but oh well, maybe this is a turn in the right direction for the fantasmic show. Guess we will have to just wait and see.

Comment

Did WDW's ever really have the pyro during the waterscreens in the beginning? They have the ending blast but I've gotten the impression they never did it throughout animation(mickey calling the waves from right and left).. and it was just something Disneyland did that WDW didn't.

If it's something WDW just "cut back" on... it's been gone a looooooong time, not just the last couple years but summer 2006 even. So basically, can someone point me to a dated video with the pyro being there? :P

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                  Did WDW's ever really have the pyro during the waterscreens in the beginning? They have the ending blast but I've gotten the impression they never did it throughout animation(mickey calling the waves from right and left).. and it was just something Disneyland did that WDW didn't.

If it's something WDW just "cut back" on... it's been gone a looooooong time, not just the last couple years but summer 2006 even. So basically, can someone point me to a dated video with the pyro being there? :P
                  you know, at first I was thinking yes it did. but now.... you might be right. The more I think about it the more I can recall being disappointed when it first came out in florida that it did not have the fireworks in it during the SA segment. but memory is foggy on this. someone else might know for sure, as I don't recall with certainty, but I think your may be right and it was never in the show to begin with.

Comment

Umm, yes, yes, it did.

Here's your video proof.

YouTube - ‪Disney Fantasmic 2001 Orlando‬‏
                    -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Umm, yes, yes, it did.

Here's your video proof.

YouTube - ‪Disney Fantasmic 2001 Orlando‬‏
                      Annoyed much? umm.... well I did make it clear that I was not sure at all. Anyway, thank you for the confirmation. Good to know.

Comment

Why is this so news worthy? It's nothing more than a scheduling change, no new additions to the show itself or anything.

Comment

Well sadly if we don't speak of this we won't speak at all of WDW since the news coming from there are close to none
                          DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009 / 2014

Comment

All right the pyro was in the show for that sequence more than just the original blast.. But how long ago are we talking about it being cut then? The video was 2001.. it was gone by 2006... Anyone know when it was cut? Anyone know if it was cut for cost cutting or perhaps safety(ie why the riverboat sparklers can't twirl anymore they have to do the "waterfall" effect even though they're just using the same sparklers and it looks cheap?)

Comment

Well for once I know that the riverboat sparklers just do the waterfall effect because of an accident that happened. In 2007, an incident occurred when one of the sparklers flew off of its stand and into the trees. Since then they use as a waterfall
                              DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009 / 2014

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X