Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

    With Muppet mania hitting this November, do you think now is a good time to dust off the old Jim Henson ideas for the Muppet Studios area at Disney's Hollywood Studios?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

  • #2
    Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

    I'd LOVE to see a Muppets area in Hollywood Studios!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

      Same here. I remeber seeing the old Muppet Studios logo back in 1990. I want say back in production central near the tour.

      ---------- Post added 08-24-2011 at 02:12 AM ----------

      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

        I don't think they'll consider it unless the movie's successful enough to warrant it. But I want them to at least update/cleanup the Muppet 3D show.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

          I would love to see them do this, but I think for it to be considered, the movie would have to massively successful... Let's watch the box office receipts in November.

          Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
          I don't think they'll consider it unless the movie's successful enough to warrant it. But I want them to at least update/cleanup the Muppet 3D show.
          Have you been since the refurb? They switched the project to digital and it looks beautiful now!
          I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
          -Walt Disney

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

            Anytime is a good time to dust off the plans for Muppet Studios.

            Originally posted by PSUMark View Post
            I would love to see them do this, but I think for it to be considered, the movie would have to massively successful... Let's watch the box office receipts in November.



            Have you been since the refurb? They switched the project to digital and it looks beautiful now!
            That's what worries me about the film - considering that Disney considers both Tron's $400,000,000 gross and Princess and the Frog's $267,000,000 to both be "flops" (in what world are those figures considered flops!?), I'm worried that anything less than Pirates-sized figures might cause them to leave the Muppets behind. But we'll see.

            And yes, the new digital projection is outstanding.
            Last edited by MarkTwain; 08-24-2011, 01:24 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

              awwww that video makes me sad... I love Who Framed Roger Rabbit so much...

              I would love to see the "mini studios" idea actually come to fruition with
              Pixar Studio
              Muppet Studio
              Lucas Film

              A boy can hope...
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                Fantastic Dateline Walt Disney World video!

                Yes, yes, yes. It's high time the Muppet Studios came to be. Move Pizza Planet over to Pixar Place and make the whole land devoted to Muppets! I've been talking about this for years. The Muppets are beloved whether or not the new movie is a raging success.

                At this very moment they're talking about the new Muppet album on National Public Radio...must be a sign!
                Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                  They're "flops" because they haven't spawned marketable francheses of their own. There ain't gonna be a Tron III, and if there's a Princess and The Frog 2, it's going direct to home video...

                  POTC, on the other hand, is the franchise which keeps on giving. Nowadays, that's what they consider a success...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                    Originally posted by mikelieman View Post
                    They're "flops" because they haven't spawned marketable francheses of their own. There ain't gonna be a Tron III, and if there's a Princess and The Frog 2, it's going direct to home video...

                    POTC, on the other hand, is the franchise which keeps on giving. Nowadays, that's what they consider a success...
                    Actually, a sequel to TRON: Legacy is apparently being considered. The int'l box office was deemed successful, as was the merchandising in the U.S. We'll see what happens...
                    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                    -Walt Disney

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                      I've been a Muppets fan for as long as I can remember. I still have my original soundtrack for The Muppet Movie on vinyl (had that record since 1979 I think). Same with The Great Muppet Caper (which is still my favorite Muppet movie). I just love the borderline insanity of the Muppets. It matches my own zany-ness and sense of humor. I really need to get my paws on seasons 2 & 3 of The Muppet Show on DVD (have season 1). And I can't WAIT for the new movie to come out. It really looks like it could bring the Muppets back to, well not their former glory, but close to it. I hated most of the Muppet movies & specials that came out after Jim Henson died (Treasure Island was pretty amusing though and I liked the Christmas special that was done like "It's a Wonderful Life").

                      So yeah, I would LOVE to see a proper Muppet Studios section of the park.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                        I've been thinking over this idea and am liking it more and more. What Hollywood Studios is missing are real distinct lands. I love the original idea of different Studios as lands within the park, from Muppets to Acme. Now that any thought of Toontown is gone from the Magic Kingdom, how about bringing both ideas to life? It would be amazing to walk through Acme Studios from Roger Rabbit and of course I have always wished for a full Muppet Studios.

                        It's time to get things started!
                        Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                          Originally posted by Esmeralda View Post
                          I've been thinking over this idea and am liking it more and more. What Hollywood Studios is missing are real distinct lands. I love the original idea of different Studios as lands within the park, from Muppets to Acme. Now that any thought of Toontown is gone from the Magic Kingdom, how about bringing both ideas to life? It would be amazing to walk through Acme Studios from Roger Rabbit and of course I have always wished for a full Muppet Studios.

                          It's time to get things started!
                          As much as I would love to Roger Rabbit at Hollywood studios, I just don't know for sure if touchstone will give up the rights because Disney was only an unaccredited producer on the movie and then there are the looney tunes characters that were involved in the movie who's theme park rights belong to six flags, its just a big ugly legal mess that I think will prevent any roger rabbit development at Disney.

                          Muppet's however should definitively be the next project at Hollywood Studios period. With the new movie release there could be another update to the 3D movie, the Great Muppet Movie Ride (which will officially become my favorite ride ever) in the old hunchback theater building, change Pizza Planet into a new Rizzo Rat's Muppet restaurant and maybe add a little variety act dinner theater setting to it run by bunny, bring back the "beaker mobile" we used to see around the parks, there's sooooo many possibilities for them at Disney I'm getting over excited already .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                            Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
                            As much as I would love to Roger Rabbit at Hollywood studios, I just don't know for sure if touchstone will give up the rights because Disney was only an unaccredited producer on the movie and then there are the looney tunes characters that were involved in the movie who's theme park rights belong to six flags, its just a big ugly legal mess that I think will prevent any roger rabbit development at Disney..
                            Except Touchstone is entirely owned by Disney. And looking at Mickey's Toontown, you don't necessarily need the Warner properties to do a Roger Rabbit area.
                            M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                            sigpic
                            Flickr

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Is now a good time to dust of the plans for the Muppet Studios?

                              I have to say that anytime is a good time to dust off the plans for Muppet Studios! There is so much that they could do! I think a ride based on the Rodger Rabbit Cartoon Spin ride system (spinning vehicles only) would be really cool! OH and the Swedish Chef deserves his own restaurant! Man, how much fun would that be!!???

                              ON a side note: I recently pruchased Muppets: The Green Album. It is highly recommended to any Muppet fan out there!
                              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X