This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Bear Jamboree Lyrics

Would any CBJ fans have noticed something about the show which seems a little unusual? While the song ALL THE GUYS THAT TURN ME ON, TURN ME DOWN is playing, there is a "slide show" behind the Sun Bonnet Bears that features the lyrics. The last line sung is just vocalizing, and sounds very much like "Doodle-doodle-do-do-do-bump-bump." But the last words on the slide are "Don't Bop." Say what? "Bop" is slang for self-pleasure. I have heard the song a zillion times and absolutely cannot get "don't bop" out of the soundtrack in any way, shape, or form. It's either "bump-bump" or "bup-bup" or something similar, but it ain't "Don't Bop." I'm wondering if someone, many long years ago, slipped this into the show on a lark. I'd like to know what other MICECHAT readers think. Despite the nature of the question, I ask it in all seriousness purely as a matter of Disney trivia. Please don't reply in a manner so as to doom this thread to the Litter Box!
    Thanks, and I'll look forward to seeing and receiving M/C reader opinions.

Re: Country Bear Jamboree Lyrics

I've never heard "bop" ever being used as a slang term for self pleasure...

When I see the show again in Jan. I'll take a look for ya.

Comment

I never paid attantion to the slides much during the Sunbonnets number.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
        I've never heard "bop" ever being used as a slang term for self pleasure...

When I see the show again in Jan. I'll take a look for ya.
        Check out the old Cyndi Lauper song "She-Bop"... It's all about self pleasure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X