Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

    If anyone has any ideas for a brand new Disney's Hollywood Studios then reply away.

    Anyway here's my ideas.

    THE NEW DISNEY's HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS PARK:

    1. HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD: This land will remain the same, but The Great movie ride will receive a slightly new name, some new scenes, new special effects, and new costumes for the ride hosts.

    Attractions:
    1. The Great Movie Ride: Journey Through the Movies: A dark ride

    Shops:
    1. Crossroads of Hollywood
    2. Oscar's Classic Car Souvenirs
    3. Donald's One of a Kind
    4. Living Hollywood
    5. Art of Disney
    6. Kodak Gallery
    7. Tinstletown Prop Store
    8. Mickey's of Hollywood

    Dinning:
    1. Walt's Diner
    2. Hollywood Brown Derby
    3. Roy's Soda Fountain


    2. STAR WARS LAND: This land will be themed to the Star Wars movies from Lucasfilm Ltd, and will replace the echo Lake area. And it will be divided into 3 sub areas: Tatooine, Bespin and Endor.

    Attractions:
    1. Ben Kenobi's Hut: A interactive attraction
    2. Uncle Owen's Moisture Farm: A interactive meet and great area
    3. Cloud City Center: A meet and greet area
    4. Star Wars: Escape from the Second Death Star: A indoor roller coaster ride FP SR
    5. Ewok Village: A interactive play area
    6. Star Tours: The Adventures Continue: A motion simulator attraction FP

    Shops:
    1. Mos Eisley Trade Port
    2. Empire Traders
    3. Wickett's Gallery
    4. Gifts from Bespin

    Dinning:
    1. Mos Eisley Cantina
    2. Ewok Snack Hut
    3. Lando's Banquet Hall


    More to come soon...
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 10-21-2011, 07:32 PM.
    "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

  • #2
    Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

    Awesome Ideas! Are They Changing The Park Again? If So, They Might Do Something Like What They're Working On With Disney's California Adventure Park In Anaheim, California. They're Making It More Old Fashioned. Like How Walt Disney Would Have Seen It In The 50's. They Are Also Changing Some Ride Names. Like Mulholland Madness Is Now Goofy's Sky School. Same Ride, Just Different Name.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

      Originally posted by PrincessLivvia View Post
      Awesome Ideas! Are They Changing The Park Again? If So, They Might Do Something Like What They're Working On With Disney's California Adventure Park In Anaheim, California. They're Making It More Old Fashioned. Like How Walt Disney Would Have Seen It In The 50's. They Are Also Changing Some Ride Names. Like Mulholland Madness Is Now Goofy's Sky School. Same Ride, Just Different Name.
      Thanks for the compliments.
      "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

        Luke's Moisture Farm: A interactive meet and great area
        Wouldn't that be Uncle Owen's moisture farm? Owen owed it, not Luke.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

          I like the concepts but I think its a little extensive on the star wars part. your essentially giving an entire quarter of the park to one film and I think that's a little much. however what would be a good idea is to make a Lucas land type scenario in the echo lake area. you could extend back passed back lot express and add to the size of the area, keeping much with the original design of the area. For star wars, the backlot express cs would be rethemed to the mos eisley's cantina and a land speeder ride with similar technology to that of harry potter would be behind star tours. Along with this the star tours gift shop would be turned into a meet and greet and picture buying area and Watto's junk shop would be opened closer to the new ride. The Indiana Jones stunt show would close down and a new Indiana Jones e ticket ride would be opened in its place unique to disney. the 50's prime time cafe would get moved to where the abc commissary is and together with sci fi dine in it would turn commissary lane into an American Graffiti area (the third sub land of lucas land). the extra space where it once was would be a counter service of the remote bar from raiders and an indy gift shop. Finally the sounds dangerous area would be turned into an effects show hosted by Harrison Ford and or lucas himself. Also if the new lucas film Red Tails does well they could add a fourth mini land in the star wars expansion pad and make a joint red tails / pearl harbor area.

          other things I would do as well would include:

          creating a muppet land. use the current 3d show, turn pizza planet into a gonzo table service restaurant / muppet dinner theater, add some extra themeing around the area, add the great muppet movie hide in the old hunchback theater, and add some sort of street performance and next gen interactive areas outdoors.

          add some similar stunts from indy and some airborne stunts to lights motors action to make one big cohesive stunt show.

          expand pixar place into the backlot tour area and add a monsters inc doors roller coaster, a ratatouille ride and cafe, and a cars attraction of some kind with possibly an up attraction as well.

          add roger rabbit to sunset blvd.

          find a new show to replace beauty and the beast after over 20 years of the same show, possibly princess and the frog.

          create a new backlot area across the current car entrance. create an all new awesome backlot tour, move all the abc stuff to this area including american idol experience and create a better abc sub land with a new show of some kind and a pilot viewing area. also add the backlot catering company counter service and another attraction of some kind here.

          thats all i can think of right now, thoughts?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

            I share many of the conventional wisdom wishes/ideas. I drew this plan, not as how the current DHS could be altered, but how it could have been laid out from the beginning, in order to have a more coherent, efficient design (hub & spoke):

            http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

              Randy, are you ever going to do a follow up to that park map ala your Magic Kingdom 2021 idea? The current map is awesome, but I just cannot get over the fact, that it will never be built.

              Back on topic, Mickey Mouse rocks, I like your ideas but the Star Wars land may be too much for this park. Rather a Lucasland would suit better with a full Star Wars land in a fifth park Can't wait to hear more about your ideas.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                Awesome maybe with art of Disney going there you could turn the Main Street Cinema back into a Cinema and not a store. I still trying to get folks to read my Toon Town Troopers idea its a real E-Ticket.




                "THAT'S R
                IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                  I definitely like the idea of expanding out Star Tours into a land. This would provide a nice bit of entertainment for boys while their sisters are hitting up the princess stuff. It's sad that Carsland (for boys) is on the west coast, while Fantasyland expansion (mainly for girls) is on the east coast.

                  What bothers me about Hollywood Studios is that the place seems half empty.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                    Hm. I suppose that if they had laid it out like that from the beginning, it would work. If the ride technologies involved (i.e; Radiator Springs Racers) had been developed. However, I'm not sure how closely this fits onto the current map of DHS. Is it anything close?

                    If it is, then I would suggest compromising between that plan, Savage, and what's actually doable without demolishing existing infrastructure.
                    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                      Originally posted by 0ranos View Post
                      However, I'm not sure how closely this fits onto the current map of DHS. Is it anything close?
                      A lot of it is replicating existing structures (like Sunset & Hollywood Blvds, Echo Lake & the Production Backlot). But the plan does things that would never be considered in the real world (like pick up and drop Star Tours, Indian Jones, Rock n Rollercoaster & Fantasmic in new locations for the sake of a more intuitive, navigable layout).

                      Bringing this back to the original poster's question (what would you do) and to answer Antem's question, I'll probably draw another site plan based on realistic solutions:

                      -Rock n Rollercoaster & its area would be re-themed to 1930s/40s Gangster Chase to mesh with Sunset Blvd.

                      -Sounds Dangerous would become an indoor, special FX Jedi Training Academy (with AA Yoda) and that entire area would bethemed Lucasland (with American Grafitti touches added to Sci-Fi Dine In, as suggested by another poster here). Then I'd add one more major Indy and Star Wars ride (leaked dueling coaster?) taking up part of the parking lot.

                      -A Muppet Land as described above by Goofy Donald.

                      -Expansion of Pixar Place (rumored Monsters Inc coaster; Honey Shrunk to a Bug's Life, Incredibles Kuka attraction once planned).

                      -I would remove all of the Production Backlot (including likely the Lights Motors show), for a very big new land, possibly Lord of the Rings or Narnia (to fill the Sword & Sorcery film genre).

                      *** But I believe a picture = 1,000 words on these armchair threads, so I'll draw the park plan.
                      http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                        Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                        A lot of it is replicating existing structures (like Sunset & Hollywood Blvds, Echo Lake & the Production Backlot). But the plan does things that would never be considered in the real world (like pick up and drop Star Tours, Indian Jones, Rock n Rollercoaster & Fantasmic in new locations for the sake of a more intuitive, navigable layout).

                        Bringing this back to the original poster's question (what would you do) and to answer Antem's question, I'll probably draw another site plan based on realistic solutions:

                        -Rock n Rollercoaster & its area would be re-themed to 1930s/40s Gangster Chase to mesh with Sunset Blvd.

                        -Sounds Dangerous would become an indoor, special FX Jedi Training Academy (with AA Yoda) and that entire area would bethemed Lucasland (with American Grafitti touches added to Sci-Fi Dine In, as suggested by another poster here). Then I'd add one more major Indy and Star Wars ride (leaked dueling coaster?) taking up part of the parking lot.

                        -A Muppet Land as described above by Goofy Donald.

                        -Expansion of Pixar Place (rumored Monsters Inc coaster; Honey Shrunk to a Bug's Life, Incredibles Kuka attraction once planned).

                        -I would remove all of the Production Backlot (including likely the Lights Motors show), for a very big new land, possibly Lord of the Rings or Narnia (to fill the Sword & Sorcery film genre).

                        *** But I believe a picture = 1,000 words on these armchair threads, so I'll draw the park plan.
                        sounds great but have you thought about expanding the park back to the other side of the drivers entrance on that fairly large expansion pad? doing this not only could you flesh out pixar land and keep lights motors action, but you could also create this new land your thinking of and another land (like the new backlot I discussed previously). All that would have to be done is the rerouting of an off ramp and ticket booth, a fairly simple task.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                          Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                          A lot of it is replicating existing structures (like Sunset & Hollywood Blvds, Echo Lake & the Production Backlot). But the plan does things that would never be considered in the real world (like pick up and drop Star Tours, Indian Jones, Rock n Rollercoaster & Fantasmic in new locations for the sake of a more intuitive, navigable layout).

                          Bringing this back to the original poster's question (what would you do) and to answer Antem's question, I'll probably draw another site plan based on realistic solutions:

                          -Rock n Rollercoaster & its area would be re-themed to 1930s/40s Gangster Chase to mesh with Sunset Blvd.

                          -Sounds Dangerous would become an indoor, special FX Jedi Training Academy (with AA Yoda) and that entire area would bethemed Lucasland (with American Grafitti touches added to Sci-Fi Dine In, as suggested by another poster here). Then I'd add one more major Indy and Star Wars ride (leaked dueling coaster?) taking up part of the parking lot.

                          -A Muppet Land as described above by Goofy Donald.

                          -Expansion of Pixar Place (rumored Monsters Inc coaster; Honey Shrunk to a Bug's Life, Incredibles Kuka attraction once planned).

                          -I would remove all of the Production Backlot (including likely the Lights Motors show), for a very big new land, possibly Lord of the Rings or Narnia (to fill the Sword & Sorcery film genre).

                          *** But I believe a picture = 1,000 words on these armchair threads, so I'll draw the park plan.
                          I look forward to it. I believe that all of the propositions you've made sound sensible.
                          "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                            Originally posted by thedude76 View Post
                            I definitely like the idea of expanding out Star Tours into a land. This would provide a nice bit of entertainment for boys while their sisters are hitting up the princess stuff. It's sad that Carsland (for boys) is on the west coast, while Fantasyland expansion (mainly for girls) is on the east coast.

                            What bothers me about Hollywood Studios is that the place seems half empty.
                            Exactly, and there could also be a Indiana Jones land at Disney's Hollywood Studios to further include more boy friendly stuff for a Disney park.

                            Also basically, there would be these following lands for the park that are less girl friendly and more family and everybody friendly theme park wise.

                            List of Lands for Newly Renovated/Expanded Disney's Hollywood Studios:
                            1. Hollywood Boulevard:
                            2. Star Wars Land
                            3. Indiana Jones Backlot
                            4. Pixar Studios
                            5. Sunset Boulevard
                            6. Maroon Cartoon Studios
                            Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 10-18-2011, 06:45 PM.
                            "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The New Disney's Hollywood Studios Ideas

                              Anyway here's my ideas for Scenes in the new version Great Movie Ride.

                              List of Scenes:
                              1. Welcome Aboard
                              2. Footlight Parade scene
                              3. Mary Poppins scene
                              4. The King's Speech scene
                              5. The Searchers scene
                              6. The Godfather scene
                              7. Indiana Jones scene
                              8. Star Wars scene
                              9. Titanic Scene
                              10. Fantasia scene
                              11. Aliens Scene
                              12. Wizard of Oz Scene
                              13. Casablanca Scene
                              14. Finale
                              "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X