• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedway
    Former Epcot CM
    • Jan 2005

Orlando to Anaheim, via WDW International Program

OK, so after I finish the WDW international program, the US government allows me to stay in America for 30 days starting from the day my placement at Epcot officially ends - and then I'm booted out if I dont make my own way out!

So, anyway, it has always been a very powerful ambition to visit Disneyland. I would like to spend 5-7 days there, and plan to travel there almost immediately after I leave WDW, and Florida, behind. Considering I haven't even got my placement in Florida finalised yet, it may seem rather silly and overambitious to be discussing travel arrangements a further 12 months down the line, but how would I best get to Anaheim from Orlando?

The idea of driving there is very daunting to me, but I am fifteen and after 12 months of driving in Florida it should be a lot more easier for me to take on, but it still seems a heck of a journey. It is a lot cheaper then flying - but is it worth the cheapness? I mean, 41 hours (according to MapQuest, direct Lake Buena Vista to Anaheim is a lot of driving, that is a straight journey, that doesnt include accomadation, food etc. A five hour flight from Orlando to Los Angeles sounds much better. But what would you guys do, and what you advise me, a Brit, who by then will be 19, to do?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• coaster3001
    MiceChatter
    • Feb 2005

Re: Orlando to Anaheim, via WDW International Program

Fly. But fly into John Wayne Airport instead of LAX if at all possible since it is only a mere 13 miles away from Disneyland. That is way too long a drive and mapquest 41 hour trip is not taking stops or traffic into consideration. In fact it would probably even out cost wise and would overall be mor comfortable to fly. Good luck.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Comment

• TheDisneyInquisitor
      Disney Memory Maker
      • Jan 2005

Delta, United Airlines & American Airlines offers a trip from MCO to LAX (non-stop) for about $134 (Just go on priceline.com). With breakfast, dinner and possibly lunch in addition to all the gas you are going to need to get & hotel fees, it is most likely going to be cheaper to take the flight.
      Walt Disney

Comment

• TheDisneyInquisitor
        Disney Memory Maker
        • Jan 2005

NOte that the $134 figure was for a flight on November 2nd 2005 (so it will be a little higher or lower depending on when you would be leaving). As to the John Wayne Airport, the closest one that offers non-stop trips there is Atlanta (and Atlanta-JWA is much more expensive than MCO-LAX). Even a multi-stop flight from MCO to John Wayne Airport is much more than MCO-LAX.
        Walt Disney

Comment

• captsmith84
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

And once you get to LAX, use the Disneyland Express, California's version of the Magical Express.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X