Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of the River Country property.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] The future of the River Country property.

Do any of you guys know what might be going up where the now closed for good Disney's River Country water park now is? From what I read on a website, a new WDW hotel could be taking it place, but I don't think they have even started the demolition of RC. So do any of you guys know, has Disney even begun to demolish RC, or are they going to let the place just crumble away?

Re: The future of the River Country property.

They've already let it "crumble away." Disney will not spend the money on demolition until it is necessary.

Comment

Word on the street is that area is ear marked to become a DVC property.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

because they need MOAAAAR!

Comment

Yep, it's next in line for some DVC, as a lodge-type expansion of Fort Wilderness. It could be years before actual construction begins (especially with the Grand Floridian coming in), so Disney likely won't clear the land until they're ready to build, lest nature attempt to reclaim the land in the years in between.

To be honest, I wish we had gotten this instead of/before the Grand Floridian Villas...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
            Yep, it's next in line for some DVC, as a lodge-type expansion of Fort Wilderness. It could be years before actual construction begins (especially with the Grand Floridian coming in), so Disney likely won't clear the land until they're ready to build, lest nature attempt to reclaim the land in the years in between.

To be honest, I wish we had gotten this instead of/before the Grand Floridian Villas...
            Yeah but Bay Lake Tower proved that people want to own on the Monorail line.

Here is a link to our earlier discussion and with the plans

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...ns-leaked.html

Comment

Although it'd be a bit of DVC overkill, I guess it would be nice having them reuse the space.

Clean up wouldn't be a very pleasant job though..
              sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
              Walt Disney

Comment

Well, whatever Disney has planned for the place, if RC will never be re-opened then they need to demolish the place now, they just can't let it stay there and crumble to oblivion. I have seen YouTube videos where people go on to the property to shoot videos of the place, I wish people would not go on to the property, it is absoutely dangerous, you could fall into the pool that is now filled with stagnant water which makes it a health hazard, not to mention the walkways are cluttered with overgrowth, and I heard that Disney will have trespassers arrested, and banned for life from their properties. I'm not kidding you guys watch the YouTube video titled River Country - The Story of What Happened posted by NJDizGuy81, I agree with everything he says in the video he posted.
                Last edited by edward1978; 12-19-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

River Country and Discovery Island are tops on my list of places to explore here in Orlando... followed by another visit to Splendid China.

Comment

^It thought they paved over Splendid China with a freeway?
                    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                    Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                      ^It thought they paved over Splendid China with a freeway?
                      no it is still there, went 2 weeks ago to see for myself... just need to properly prepare and plan.

Comment

^Permit me for being alittle aloof (I'm in the middle of a 72 hour shift) but what is Splendid China???
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
                        -George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
                          ^Permit me for being alittle aloof (I'm in the middle of a 72 hour shift) but what is Splendid China???
                          This should tell you about Splendid China. It was a "theme park" basically ran by the Chinese government. It closed at the end of 2003 but it's still there, sitting abandoned.

http://www.lostparks.com/china.html

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2057

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                            Yeah but Bay Lake Tower proved that people want to own on the Monorail line.

Here is a link to our earlier discussion and with the plans

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...ns-leaked.html
                            And that's part of the reason I wished we had gotten River Country first. Apart from the fact that the RC resort would be built on land that's currently unused and unseen (unlike the Grand Floridian's beach and the space around the wedding pavilion), the monorails are already filled to burst, and the system is becoming increasingly unreliable as it ages (and therefore unfit to promise as a 40-year perk anyway). The River Country property would likely have its own boats to the Magic Kingdom, like the Wilderness Lodge, and therefore would have no strain on an existing transportation system.

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post

Comment

Enough with the DVCs! I want a Persian resort. ):

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X