No announcement yet.

Walt Disney World Music

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Walt Disney World Music

Nothing too serious here. We all hear the music whenever we're there. It's everywhere. Sometimes we may not be aware of it, but it's there. It makes an impression on us. I'll even go so far as to say that in some cases if they kept the old music, new versions of things would be better received. But that's not what I'm here to talk about.

I just want to hear what your favorite WDW music is. If you want to share why, all the better. It can be anything since the resort opened in 1971, but it has to be original for Disney theme parks. Disneyland music is ok, if the same recording was used in WDW, too, such as American Journeys' music.

Music from a movie or tv show is ok, but only if a new version was recorded for the resort. For instance, "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" as was recorded for the background music in Frontierland is ok, but not the same song as sung in the movie, by the same singer.

I'll even go for non-Disney music, but only if it was re-recorded, and/or rearanged for the resort. The Theme to Star Wars is not ok, but the theme to Star Tours is.

It can be from anywhere in the resort: theme parks, hotels, restaurants, Downtown Disney, etc.

You get the idea.

Me? My favorites include:
    Spaceship Earth, Jerome Irons version. The stirring music when you're working your way backwards, down to the end.
    Space, from Horizons
    Golden Dream, original version, from American Adventure.
    Universe of Energy from the attraction of the same name.
    Pirates of the Carribean "theme" from that same classic attraction.

I'll stop naming my favorites, because I can go on all day.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Re: Walt Disney World Music

There's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow
    Grim Grinning Ghosts
    A Pirate's Life for Me
    In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room'
    If You Had Wings
    Main theme from Horizons

I get each of them stuck in my head all the time. I'll be walking to the bus stop, and only when I'm halfway there notice that I've been singing one of them since I left the house.

---------- Post added 01-29-2012 at 01:27 AM ----------

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Golden Dream, original version, from American Adventure.
    We sang that in my middle school chorus. I don't know if it was a bad arrangement, or if we were a particularly bad chorus, or what, but I absolutely hated it. Groaned when the teacher told us to take out the sheet music.

When I finally heard it in the context of The American Adventure, though, it became a total tearjerker.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.