This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Clock ticks closer to end of WDW experience

HILARIOUS. Hilarious because it's such a bad idea, you KNOW it's gonna bomb because it's TOO complicated and will have people who go to the parks on whim suffer. Get ready for more UO and SW trips people!

jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2012/02/22/which-wdw-attractions-are-becoming-part-of-the-xpass-experience.aspx" Which WDW attractions are becoming part of the xPASS experience?
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 02-22-2012, 08:14 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed

Re: Clock ticks closer to end of WDW experience

ORDDU: My sisters and I remember when it so much more fun to go to a Disney theme park without having to schedule your entire day the way Disney Management will soon be forcing guests to do in the future. If only Walt were still alive he'd chase the current bone heads out of their jobs and replace them with people who had common sense.

Comment

Headline of the month!

I've been mulling over this all day, and I'm struggling to see the upside. Xpass for Journey into Imagination?! Pirates?! Really??

Just another way to charge more for the same experience, and longer lines for the rest of us.

The Dining Plan decimated the quality, value and availability of sit down restaurants at WDW. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I see Xpass doing the same for parades, fireworks and attractions.

More power to those who see this as a good thing. Wish I could share your optimism.

Comment

"There are already plans in place to roll out xPASS at the Disneyland Resort in 2015"

Guess that will be the end of my visits to DL. =(

I can't see myself ever coming back with a system like this in place. It just goes against everything Walt wanted.

Comment

Are they going to have to install separate entrances for all of those?

Comment

There are already plans in place to roll out xPASS at the Disneyland Resort in 2015

This is the one thing I don't believe. First you have the APers. the APers who drop in on Fri. at DTD, then hop to a park or something. We've been on these boards for YEARS. get real. NOONE within a 30min-8hr drive from Anaheim is gonna book to ride the Mansion 6mos in advance. They'll simply make a Light Magic drama show out of it at City Hall as they should. Remember the heart attacks over getting WoC FPs? Burbank will be playing w/ fire to try this out at DLR. Plus, hardly any attractions at DL have two lines like WDW does. Most DL attractions have a very, single, narrow, line so they would have to do MAJOR reconstruction in limited space to accomdate this. Yeaaaaa........

Comment

Just when you think Disney management has invented every boneheaded way possible to waste money and p.o. their customers, they prove us wrong. Another example of what happens when you give the sharp pencil boys in marketing and strategic planning the keys to the Magic Kingdom.
              "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Hopefully this will backfire (or maybe they'll be smart and implement it slowly) because I honestly don't want to cough out 700$ just to get a fastpass.

Comment

I really do not see the problem with this. For most of us who would just go and visit a park and enjoy it as normal - we can still do that. If a family wants to make sure that their kids get to see their favourite character and go on their favourite ride, they can pay more - I doubt it will affect my time in the park any more than fast pass does - which is something that I utilise.

People who say that this is the end of the experience or you'll never come back to the parks - stop being so melodramatic. They are providing another option... which I'll never use myself... but the rides are still going to be the same, the parks will be virtually unchanged.

Comment

Originally posted by mister_peterman View Post
                    I really do not see the problem with this. For most of us who would just go and visit a park and enjoy it as normal - we can still do that. If a family wants to make sure that their kids get to see their favourite character and go on their favourite ride, they can pay more - I doubt it will affect my time in the park any more than fast pass does - which is something that I utilise.

People who say that this is the end of the experience or you'll never come back to the parks - stop being so melodramatic. They are providing another option... which I'll never use myself... but the rides are still going to be the same, the parks will be virtually unchanged.
                    I agree with the second part but I can see how people don't like this: imagine you get to DHS in the morning, the gates open up, you rush towards the Toy Story Mania fastpass machines only to find out they're closed because a bunch of people got Xpasses.

Comment

It really will depend on how many they plan on selling, which they seem to be kind of coy about.

Comment

Originally posted by mister_peterman View Post

No, the parks will not remain virtually unchanged. This is going to mess with wait times all over the place. Get ready for unreasonably longer waits at attractions that historically have had short or no waits. Figment, Nemo... just as Buzz Lightyear had 5-10 minute waits before Fastpass. How long is the standby line there now? This will further mess with the ebb and flow that used to make parkgoing, I don't know, enjoyable?

As Xpass creates artificially longer waits, even at minor attractions, DisCo is actually creating more demand for... Xpass! It's a self-feeding money machine. Brilliant.

And oh yes, want to stake out a prime viewing spot for the parades or fireworks? Forget it. Pay up or lose out.

So no, the parks will not remain "virtually unchanged." Like the Dining Plan before it, Xpass is just another obstacle, another headache, another nuisance for those of us who just want to show up and have fun.

Comment

Did we not already agree that Jim Hill was not a reliable source? why are we relying so heavily on unreliable information. lets not all go crazy yet, we have no idea whats really going to happen.

Comment

JimHill's record maybe...5yrs ago was horrible..remember Project Gemini? But he's been dead on on NextGen and Xpass. Hell, he broke that C3PO was going to pilot Star Tours before anyone else. He has been right more lately than before....

---------- Post added 02-22-2012 at 10:01 PM ----------

Also, Tom Staggs hinted at this (teased?) last year, so it's HARDLY a JimHill thing.

Comment

Project Gemini was a real project that was VERY blue sky. It never materialized... but it was a real discussion within the ranks of the WDC.

That being said I am very worried about xPass. I am very worried about how this will really impact guests.
                              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X