Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any vintage tributes planned for Epcot's 30th anniversary?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Any vintage tributes planned for Epcot's 30th anniversary?

I loved how all the original songs were played on October 1, 2007. Are there similar tributes planned for the upcoming anniversary starting in October?

Re: Any vintage tributes planned for Epcot's 30th anniversary?

The WDW Celebrations event schedule for Celebration 30 lists "Official Disney Activities" for the morning of Oct. 1. That could just be wishful thinking on their part, or they may have an inside track on what Disney's planning. Considering that this group coordinates with Disney on their events, I think it's likely that they at least know that Disney's planning something. I doubt we'll have any details until much closer to October.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Disney Merchandising is going to capitalize on the fanboys. The parks blog already released an early look at the merchandise

I think D23 is doing something too?
      Theme Park Reporter
      -Coaster-net.com
      -WDWNT:The Magazine

Comment

From the site:
        D23's Epcot 30th Anniversary Celebration
        September 30, 2012
        Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida

Comment

They need to bring back the original Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment with new technology but with the original soundtrack remastered. That's what they should do. Same with Horizons

Comment

They will probably open Test Track early for the Anniversary. But to do that they will have to work really hard on completing it!
            Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
            Beach Club - 3 times
            Boardwalk - 2 times
            Caribbean Beach - 1 time
            Grand Floridian - 1 time
            Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
            Pop Century - 3 times
            DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

Comment

MiceChat also is sponsoring an event from the Communicore Weekly crew:

The Communicore Weekly LIVE - Epcot 30th Anniversary Event
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                MiceChat also is sponsoring an event from the Communicore Weekly crew:

The Communicore Weekly LIVE - Epcot 30th Anniversary Event
                It looks awesome and I really wish I could go. Shame that it conflicts with the Tower of Terror 10 Miler...
                I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                -Walt Disney

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X