Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Honeymooners seeking transportation advice from DW to Universal IOA

Hi MiceChatters,

My fiance and I are planning to spend a couple of our honeymoon days at DisneyWorld. We want to make a side trip to Islands of Adventure, but dont want to rent a car if possible. What are our options?
    Ryborg

Re: Honeymooners seeking transportation advice from DW to Universal IOA

Originally posted by ryborg View Post
    Hi MiceChatters,

My fiance and I are planning to spend a couple of our honeymoon days at DisneyWorld. We want to make a side trip to Islands of Adventure, but dont want to rent a car if possible. What are our options?
    If you don't want to rent a car, then a cab would be your best bet. Fare would be around $30-$40 each way. Renting a car for one day would most likely be a lot cheaper.

Comment

Or you could get tickets for a Mears shuttle just contact them directly and inquire
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Rent a car from one of the two On Property car rental companies. Its difficult to get information from the Disneyworld website because they don't want you leaving property (which is why there isn't any transport off property). Best way to do it is to call to get the info, and then you book it directly through one of the two companies online(I just don't remember which ones they are or I'd just tell you, haha)

This is also the best option because the companies have a shuttle that will pick up/drop off at the resort hotels.

Comment

I would also recommend renting a Car. You have flexibility and become owner of your time. After a day at the park you could probably get so tired you don't want to wait for a shuttle or a cab. A rented car also allows you to make some stop for dinner or quick shopping on your way back
          Last edited by Irving; 08-01-2012, 09:42 AM. Reason: gramatical

If you can dream it, you can Do it - Walt Disney

Comment

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I was wondering if there were any shuttles and such -- one to somewhere off property where I could catch another to universal. Anyway, it looks like Car rental it is!

Thanks again!!
            Ryborg

Comment

I highly recommend the Mears shuttle... it picks you up at your hotel and drops you back off there (or at another hotel, like we did the last time, so we could grab dinner). No fuss, no muss.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                If you don't want to rent a car, then a cab would be your best bet. Fare would be around $30-$40 each way. Renting a car for one day would most likely be a lot cheaper.
                Maybe. If you're under 25, the rental company is going to gouge you for insurance premiums.

Comment

Just another option that I use from traveling from WDW to Universal. I order a car service. It is a little pricier, but you don't have to drive, you don't have to pay for parking, and you do not have to worry about having a designated driver. For the past 2 years I have used Happy Limo. I was charged $56 each way not including gratuity. It was a very nice large SUV.

Have a magical honeymoon!

Comment

Originally posted by ryborg View Post
                    Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I was wondering if there were any shuttles and such -- one to somewhere off property where I could catch another to universal. Anyway, it looks like Car rental it is!

Thanks again!!
                    Again Mears Shuttles do provide this service

Car Service, Airport Transportation, Orlando FL l Mears Transportation

http://www.mearstransportation.com/fleet/shuttle-vans/
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X