Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW Pirates closed for refurbishment in October?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WDW Pirates closed for refurbishment in October?

Hi all! I just booked a trip to WDW for this coming October. Woo hoo! I checked out the park schedule, and it said "Pirates of the Caribbean closed for refurbishment Tuesday October 9 - Tuesday October 9." Is this really true - it is closed for refurbishment for just one day? I would be thrilled if that is the case, since I would hate for it to be closed while I am there later in the month, but I was just wondering if it is really possible that they would schedule refurbishment for only one day, or if this is a mistake and it will actually be closed for longer. I tried a web search on it and came up with nothing, so I figured I'd ask here since people usually know inside info

Re: WDW Pirates closed for refurbishment in October?

i would assume it is software upgrade and/or effects upgrades via computer programs and testing it the entire day. I've seen that one day closure on other attractions in the past.

I know over at Disneyland's DCA they are closing down Toy Story Mania for one day for a software upgrade... hopefully Halloween/Christmas games for the upcoming season.

Comment

One day?? What are they gonna do?? Sweep??
      sigpic

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LordVader View Post
        One day?? What are they gonna do?? Sweep??
        :lol: :bow:

Comment

They're going to help that one pirate with all the loot finally get in the boat.
          It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
          sigpic

Comment

I saw this on Splash Mountain in january. It made me really happy that it was only closed one day and i could ride it because it is closed almost every year in january
            Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
            Beach Club - 3 times
            Boardwalk - 2 times
            Caribbean Beach - 1 time
            Grand Floridian - 1 time
            Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
            Pop Century - 3 times
            DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

Comment

Originally posted by PerrySimon View Post
              I saw this on Splash Mountain in january. It made me really happy that it was only closed one day and i could ride it because it is closed almost every year in january
              I don't know if you should be happy. Riding a ride that looks like it is about to collapse at any moment isn't my idea of a premium experience.
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Glad to hear one day closures aren't unheard of, so it looks like it will not be closed during my visit. Good thing, because a trip to WDW without going on Pirates would be like a trip to Chicago without eating deep dish pizza!

Comment

Hopefully they fix that big hollow steel box with the stage lighting blasting out of it after the first drop on the right hand side of the flume.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X