Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

    Disney announced that they would be adding 1,000 seats to the fantasmic theater, for guest comfort. They also announced that no changes would be coming to the Fantasmic show itself.

    Disney World: Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios - OrlandoSentinel.com

    ...Cockerell said he didn't expect big changes coming to the 14-year-old production, which features a slew of Disney characters, music, drama and pyrotechnics.He said that features tried at Disneyland Resort shows in California, such as the glow-with-the-show mouse ear hats and other kinds of interactivity, could possibly be incorporated.
    "We're considering all of that. Something we're learning on both coasts, once we figure out something that works on one coast, let's share it with the other and see if it works on those guests," Cockerell said...
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

  • #2
    Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

    Shame... The show could really use improvement - effects upgrade at the very least. I really wish that TDO wasn't so content to be outdated and outshone by DLR.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

      It is just a crime. A crime what they are doing to the Walt Disney World resort right now.
      Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

        Ohhh TDO....you really just hate your fans don't you? Can't even improve the show when your doing construction anyway
        Happy Halloween!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

          I just think it is shameful that Disney would have a press conference to unveil new benches, while Universal has Harry Potter 2.0 and Transformers all under construction without a press conference yet.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

            Originally posted by KingEric View Post
            I just think it is shameful that Disney would have a press conference to unveil new benches, while Universal has Harry Potter 2.0 and Transformers all under construction without a press conference yet.
            I think it's because more seating needs press. Big, already-highly-anticipated attractions like Universal's stuff can survive off of word-of-mouth and such. They're far more buzz-worthy and don't require any promotion right now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

              I'm not going to argue with you guys because your totally right.

              The only thing is that attendance to the shows remain busy and constant and therefore they see need to build more seating for it. If they need to build more seating to accomodate crowds, then the show is still doing well. To the majority of folks who visit WDW once or twice a year, Fantasmic hasn't lost its entertainment.

              I do agree that It needs to change, but I think it's fine the way it is at the moment.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                I'm not going to argue with you guys because your totally right.

                The only thing is that attendance to the shows remain busy and constant and therefore they see need to build more seating for it. If they need to build more seating to accomodate crowds, then the show is still doing well. To the majority of folks who visit WDW once or twice a year, Fantasmic hasn't lost its entertainment.

                I do agree that It needs to change, but I think it's fine the way it is at the moment.
                This isn't adding capacity, this is just adding seats where there was standing room.

                So NO ADDITIONAL CAPACITY... just benches where there was concrete.
                Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                  What's so bad about accommodating to guests?
                  DisneyTwins
                  Since May 2003

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                    Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                    What's so bad about accommodating to guests?
                    Nothing is wrong with that. What is wrong is that this was used as some sort of worth while news.

                    Universal has been adding brand new effects to The Mummy attraction... no press release

                    Disney used to just make improvements... but apparently improvements are so rare these days that when one is green lit, it deserves a press release, and media coverage.
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                      ORDDU: If this announcement had been made on April First, it would be so much easier to take it as a joke. Unfortunately it isn't and the Disney company should be embarrassed to admit they're doing nothing more for this show beyond adding more seating.

                      ORWEN: They should have added a much better dragon by now--like Disneyland did!

                      ORGOCH: Got flame throwers?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                        Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                        Nothing is wrong with that. What is wrong is that this was used as some sort of worth while news.

                        Universal has been adding brand new effects to The Mummy attraction... no press release

                        Disney used to just make improvements... but apparently improvements are so rare these days that when one is green lit, it deserves a press release, and media coverage.
                        Remember, this is the same company that about a year ago had a press release and big announcement to tell us about their upcoming big announcement. The benches are actually a step up, at least they are physical objects.

                        Walt Disney World is geared toward a different audience than Disneyland. Where Disneyland has to see regular upgrades to appease the locals and season pass holders, Walt Disney World is more targeted toward those once in a lifetime visitors. Someday they may even figure out if they make things so amazing that it leaves a big enough impression on those once in a lifetime visitors, they just may come back. Oh well, baby steps I guess.
                        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                          Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                          Remember, this is the same company that about a year ago had a press release and big announcement to tell us about their upcoming big announcement. The benches are actually a step up, at least they are physical objects.

                          Walt Disney World is geared toward a different audience than Disneyland. Where Disneyland has to see regular upgrades to appease the locals and season pass holders, Walt Disney World is more targeted toward those once in a lifetime visitors. Someday they may even figure out if they make things so amazing that it leaves a big enough impression on those once in a lifetime visitors, they just may come back. Oh well, baby steps I guess.
                          Trust me I know the audience that WDW caters to, and I know that they view a repeat visitor as someone who visits once every 5 years.

                          Even with that once every 5 years eye, WDW has been pretty stale since 2007.

                          I let my AP expire, because I could not justify the expense any more. I just couldn't.
                          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                            Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                            Disney used to just make improvements... but apparently improvements are so rare these days that when one is green lit, it deserves a press release, and media coverage.
                            Too, a lot of this sort of ballyhoo is for internal consumption. Never underestimate how politicized Disney's departments are, and how ferociously they compete with each other for bragging rights, their bosses' attention, and bigger budgets. People think Disney is One Kingdom, when in fact it's a collection of feudal territories that frequently feud -- and often don't communicate with each other well (if at all).
                            "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                            - Neil Gabler

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: WDW adding 1,000 seats to Fantasmic... no show improvements coming

                              This could be a step to actually updating the show by adding more seating TDO could be expecting more visitors if they update it with WoC

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X