This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about space mission

Dh and are are aurguring about space mission. Can anyone descibe the ride for us. I don't want to do it but he does and he doesn't really like rollercoaster. So would he do okey?

Re: questions about space mission

What is Space Mission?

Do you mean Mission Space at EPCOT in Disney World? That pretty much is a motion simulator in ways.

Space Mountain is a rollercoaster and located in many Disneyland theme parks.

Comment

:ap: Mission Space is a Centrifuge attraction with Disney magic built in. (Personally I like centrifuge rides, but they are not for everyone), one tip maybe to try it before you eat.
      Space Mountain is a roller coaster, a fairly tame but entertaining one, I think it's maximum speed is 30 to 35 miles per hour. It has proven to be much safer than driving in Ca. :ap:
      ~ MickeysGirl šoš
      ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

Here is a pretty good description (with pictures) of Mission Space.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...fw-mission.htm

Personally, this is one of my favorite rides. This is definitely an E Ticket attraction. My wife does not particularly like it, but my kids and I go on it several times each trip to WDW.

Comment

My sister who doesn't like the drops on most roller coasters (but I'm very proud of her for trying TOT once!) REALLY liked Mission:Space. Personally, I don't FEEL like I'm going around, but it just feels like I'm under extra g-forces or 'less than' g-forces at different times.

Comment

Mission Space is a High-Tech Teme Park ride, but is completely immersive and interesting, possibly the most INTESNSE ride in WDW.
            Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Comment

Originally posted by Drince88
              My sister who doesn't like the drops on most roller coasters (but I'm very proud of her for trying TOT once!) REALLY liked Mission:Space. Personally, I don't FEEL like I'm going around, but it just feels like I'm under extra g-forces or 'less than' g-forces at different times.
              Considering it's the exact same technology they train astronauts with, you're getting LOTS of G-forces on Mission: Space.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster
                Considering it's the exact same technology they train astronauts with, you're getting LOTS of G-forces on Mission: Space.
                that depends on what you consider "lots." Mission: SPACE pulls a maximum of 2.5 g's. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster approaches 5 g's during the launch--the difference is that Mission: SPACE's g's are sustained. Many people could not handle 5 g's sustained.

Generally speaking, if you suffer from motion sickness, you are a strong candidate to get sick on Mission: SPACE. My mom did (really dizzy, headache...no fun at Epcot in August). I am a bit more hearty than her, so I actually try doing the things they tell you not to do for a little added thrill (e.g. closing my eyes, looking down, up, to the side, etc--don't do these things until you know how you will react to the ride).

Space Mountain goes 28 mph.
                -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Mission Space is a tough call. I myself hate spinning rides. When I hit Six Flags I ride coasters and drop towers and thats it. I can't stand spinny flat rides. But I can do Mission: Space no problem. I enjoy it too.

However my friend is not a big fan of spinning rides but he'll do them every once in a while. He wasn't a fan of Mission: Space and it got to him when he got off.

You are hitting 2-3 Gs for moments at a time (some as long as 40 seconds each) so it is intense. But is it fun. You do not really ever notice the spinning, but you do feel the Gs.

Now Space Mountain...if you have a bad neck, follow the signs and do not ride, it can be tough on some of the dark turns. Other than that, even if you dont like rollercoaster drops and such there really is nothing on Space Mountain that should scare you away. It's a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                    that depends on what you consider "lots." Mission: SPACE pulls a maximum of 2.5 g's. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster approaches 5 g's during the launch--the difference is that Mission: SPACE's g's are sustained. Many people could not handle 5 g's sustained.
                    I meant sustained G's.

Comment

If you are going to give Mission Space a try and feel that you can handle what everyone else has presented in this thread, please try to ignore the excessive signage and the preshow video as much as possible. It is important to do what it says about facing forward, keeping your head still, and looking forward, but the thing that will get the most to you about the ride before you even get on is all the warnings that starts trying to psyche you out.

Comment

One other thing if you are going to give Mission: Space a go:

Try riding in one of the inside two seats. The experience is a little less intense than the outer two seats, not by much, but for certain people (my wife included), it does seem to make a difference.
                        Avatar: Oh how I miss having that much hair.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X