Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

    I read on another forum a few weeks ago that the pop-up heads have gone missing from the graveyard scene in the HM.

    Now there's video proof:
    Haunted Mansion FULL EXPERIENCE (Regular Queue, Preshow, Ride, and Exit) - YouTube

    I don't think they're out being refurbished.

    All I can say is WHY?

  • #2
    Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

    Click image for larger version

Name:	mother-of-god-meme.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	7344904

    Probably removed by scaring a child and the child's parents threatening a lawsuit. Or something stupid like that.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

      The pop-up heads are still there, I saw them on Saturday. Not popping up but stationary behind the tombstones.. They probably just broke and didn't fix them before HMH opened?
      - Adventure Is Waiting -

      "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

        The system they run off of is probably broken. They're probably just working on them for the time being.
        DisneyTwins
        Since May 2003

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

          Originally posted by nonob88
          The pop-up heads are still there, I saw them on Saturday. Not popping up but stationary behind the tombstones.. They probably just broke and didn't fix them before HMH opened?
          I'm talking about WDW (this is the WDW forum), which doesn't have HMH.

          ---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

          Until someone can confirm that they're operating again, I'm assuming the worst.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

            They just fixed the bicycle ghosts that were broken for a long time. They'll get around to it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

              Originally posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
              I'm talking about WDW (this is the WDW forum), which doesn't have HMH.

              ---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

              Until someone can confirm that they're operating again, I'm assuming the worst.
              at WDW it is best to assume the worst
              Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                at WDW it is best to assume the worst
                Especially if you're a hater with too much time on your hands. Really, Haunted Mansion is one of the best maintained things at the park. They will be fixed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                  you know what they say about assuming...
                  DisneyTwins
                  Since May 2003

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                    I am not a "hater" I am simply a person who looks at things pragmatically, and being friends with people all over Orlando, I normally have a pretty good grasp on the business climate of this city. So I approach planning, and development in this city with the perspective of the people making the decisions, and not fan boys/girls.
                    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                      Anyone that spends a ton of time talking about WDW online and posts things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" obviously has a huge problem with hate. I don't believe you're not a fan. Well you are a certain kind of fan. A fan that derives pleasure from despising something instead of enjoying it.

                      I wish there could be less of these kinds of Orlando residents on the internet. If you have such huge problems with WDW, I have a suggestion. Next year, instead of wasting your annual pass on yourself when you think things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" buy an annual pass for a child who isn't as lucky as some spoiled adult that can go to WDW whenever he wants to and doesn't even appreciate it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                        They're probably just getting repairs. They are already way less scary and pop up much slower than they used to. If someone wants to try to try to sue Disney because they didn't know The Haunted Mansion would scare their kid, I would let them just to see how quickly it gets laughed out of the court room.

                        Lawyer: Your honor, Exhibit A, the ride is called "The Haunted Mansion." Exhibit B, there is no Exhibit B. The defense rests.
                        It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                          Just rode HM at WDW around midnight this morning - can confirm that the pop up ghosts are working properly and present throughout the graveyard scene. Most likely, that video was recorded during a temporary malfunction.

                          Originally posted by RB Dash View Post
                          Anyone that spends a ton of time talking about WDW online and posts things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" obviously has a huge problem with hate. I don't believe you're not a fan. Well you are a certain kind of fan. A fan that derives pleasure from despising something instead of enjoying it.

                          I wish there could be less of these kinds of Orlando residents on the internet. If you have such huge problems with WDW, I have a suggestion. Next year, instead of wasting your annual pass on yourself when you think things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" buy an annual pass for a child who isn't as lucky as some spoiled adult that can go to WDW whenever he wants to and doesn't even appreciate it.
                          ...or a fan who has experienced how great WDW can be, used to be, and should be again. I can only speak for myself, but I don't "despise" WDW and I certainly don't derive pleasure from pointing out its flaws. My user description says "WDW will always be home," and that's how I feel about it - like it's my home. I grew up going to WDW, and it pains me to see it in its current state. I left the D23 Epcot 30 event honestly feeling somewhat depressed because the whole event was a celebration of how great EPCOT Center used to be, and it makes me sad that it's not that great anymore. I point out flaws at WDW because I want to see them fixed, not because I get perverse enjoyment out of it. (And I - as well as many of us who share this viewpoint - am not an Orlando resident.)
                          I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                          -Walt Disney

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                            There was a rumor that Disney rented them out to one of those Haunted Attractions for Halloween. Just anouther way for Disney to get some more bucks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

                              Originally posted by misterdisney View Post
                              There was a rumor that Disney rented them out to one of those Haunted Attractions for Halloween. Just anouther way for Disney to get some more bucks.
                              This is not true - at least as of last night, they're still in place within the graveyard scene and fully functional.
                              I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
                              -Walt Disney

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X