• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] The Dwarf Coaster

If you know the height and l e n g t h
    of the Dwarf coaster coming to Fantasyland,
    please share that.

I'm curious if it will be closer to the length of Big Thunder or (the late) . . . [Barnstormer.
    Note: I first called it Gadget's Go Coaster, the name of the tall-toddler-friendly coaster that still thrills small kids of all ages in Disneyland't Toontown.
    ]
    Last edited by jcruise86; 10-15-2012, 07:27 AM.

Re: The Dwarf Coaster

Closer to big thunderCheck out the linkhttp://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/174751-mine-coaster.html
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
      Closer to big thunderCheck out the link: . . . http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/layout3.jpg
      [Jcruise86 note: I think I made the link more direct.]
      Thanks, Mratigan!

This might be a very good ride, and it might not be fair to the dwarf coaster to blame it for not being an E ticket. In my opinion, all of the following are fine non-E attractions: KC Jr., Peter Pan, Dumbo, Disneyland's Buzz and (in my controversial opinion no doubt influenced by the joy of my daughter) Pooh.

Guests might bring higher expectations to this since it is a coaster and since WDW has been resting on their laurels over the last five or so years, so that when the rare new attraction comes along it might be judged more intensely. Everest has its fans, but some are disappointed in the Yeti, and if Mission Space really cost $150 million, some think it was an insufficiently classic return. WDW could use some love. I'd start with one of my favorites: the Carousel of Progress, but I digress.

I still look forward to comparing coaster track lengths and tallest hills.

Comment

When was Gadget's Go Coaster removed?

The most widely used description is that it will be in between Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Barnstormer in almost every respect.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
          If you know the height and l e n g t h
          of the Dwarf coaster coming to Fantasyland,
          please share that.

I'm curious if it will be closer to the length of Big Thunder or (the late) Gadget's Go Coaster.
          Gadgets go coaster at Disneyland is still there. Barnstormer (the ride I believe you are referring to) is also still there just with a "different" (longer) name.
          Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

From the model I saw at the last D23 Expo, it looked like the Mine Train ride was gonna be roughly the same size as Big Thunder. Maybe a little smaller. This is the one ride in the New Fantasyland that I'm looking forward to most.

Comment

Same
              what will the layout be like?
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                Same
                what will the layout be like?
                Well, my video of the model from the D23 Expo will show you that. It starts at 3:20.

Comment

It is no where near the six of big thunder. Get that idea out of your head.

it is much narrower and compact than big thunder.
                  Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Mabey "The Dwarf Coaster" will fill the void in MKs Fantasyland that lacks a bavarian toboggan ride, AKA "The Matterhorn." If they add the details from the Scarry Snow White ride as most of us suspect, it will be a great addition....(I really hope for allot of dark ride scenes for this one)

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Goofy View Post
                      Mabey "The Dwarf Coaster" will fill the void in MKs Fantasyland that lacks a bavarian toboggan ride, AKA "The Matterhorn." If they add the details from the Scarry Snow White ride as most of us suspect, it will be a great addition....(I really hope for allot of dark ride scenes for this one)
                      The ride is going to have some show scenes yes.

Comment

Can't be as big as Big Thunder, it's just not taking up that much space...

Comment

Originally posted by film975 View Post
                          The ride is going to have some show scenes yes.

Yup, I saw the concept videos that were put out last August that have some show scenes but sure hope there are some surprises that are in not the video...

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster - YouTube DisneyParks
                          Last edited by Darth Goofy; 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

If you're talking height, it will just about cover the sight towards Prince Eric's Castle when looking/walking through the castle wall entrance. Plus, it will probably be covered with trees that will add a few feet more.

Comment

I really think the dwarf coaster IS a light E-ticket attraction by Fantasyland standards. You have to consider it for exactly what it is, any faster/taller and it would really ostracize the family friendly feel of Fantasyland. Will it be the best ride at Magic Kingdom? Doubtful, but for Fantasyland it will definitely be a marquee attraction.

I think the dark scenes will make or break it though, I really hope those exceed early expectations (akin to Cars being a lot more involved than I thought for the majority of time it was being built).

Maybe I'm optimistic though, but I hope this exceeds negative expectations.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X