This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News ECVs Vendors Limited at WDW Resorts

November 1st Disney has decided upon "preferred" Electronic Convenience Vehicles (ECV) or Scooter rentals. These were decided based upon willingness to participate, scooter size, speed, and easy use on/of Disney buses.

What does this mean? Only preferred vendors will be able to drop off and pick up at any time without an additional charge by Disney. You don't have to use a preferred vendor, but if you do... you have to actually be there for the drop off and pick up. If not, the vendor may charge you instead.

Right now I can only imagine now many vendors Disney deals with for these rentals. I'm sure some of them are better to the renters than others when problems arise, overall reliability, and how long they allow their units to stay at the resorts until they return to pick them up.

The five "preferred" vendors are:
    • Buena Vista
    • Best Rpice
    • Apple Mobility
    • Scooter Bug
    • C.A.R.E.

I was surprised when I first heard the list and learned who was excluded from the list -- Walker Mobility.

What's next? Strollers! (TBD) What are your thoughts on this process? To me, it seems to make logistical sense.
    Author of MiceChat Column:

View all Mice Munchies.

Re: ECVs Vendors Limited at WDW Resorts

Disney limited taxis long ago. Disney only allows Mears to pick up on property. It seems like they are just applying this concept to ECVs as well.
    -Bill

Comment

I was going to say the same thing as Mr.Bill.

It doesn't really concern me and I see no problem with it.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
        I was going to say the same thing as Mr.Bill.

It doesn't really concern me and I see no problem with it.
        Same here.
        For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I don't have a problem with them HAVING preferred vendors, but I've dealt with a couple of different companies and I think they could have chosen better. It makes me wonder what their criteria were.

Comment

Originally posted by ttintagel View Post
            I don't have a problem with them HAVING preferred vendors, but I've dealt with a couple of different companies and I think they could have chosen better. It makes me wonder what their criteria were.
            Profit sharing
            Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

I think it's a way for Disney to control what sort of vehicles go on their property.
              Jeff Wayne

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X