This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Carsland at DHS -rumor of announcement this week

Not sure if I am allowed to post a link to another Disney related forum web site, but over there, (while acknowledging its rumor status), they say multiple sources (not cited) are stating that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to DHS. LMA and the BackLot Tour would be removed to allow an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land.

I know this has been mentioned before as a rumor. I also saw on the home page of MC that the big announcement of "What's Next" was cancelled (renamed) on 12/7.

I guess we will learn more soon. Personally, I would love something unique and from a different franchise (SW!) or another element of Pixar.
    Last edited by tofubeast; 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM.

Re: Carsland at DHS -rumor of announcement this week

Meh. Another WDW wasted opportunity if you ask me.

Comment

Oh for crap sakes. "Hey everybody! Let's purchase the biggest movie franchise in history and take full advantage of it in the parks and everything! What do you say, WDW?"
      "We uh.. we fear change. And we fear risk. Carsland was a hit on the other side of the country. We just want that. OH! BUT we don't want to pay as much for it. So, you know... we're going to cut budgets and corners."

Also, can't we just let California Adventure have what it deserves and keep it special to that park that struggled along in Disneyland's shadow for a decade?

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter
      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
        "Hey everybody! Let's purchase the biggest movie franchise in history and take full advantage of it in the parks and everything! What do you say, WDW?"
        "We uh.. we fear change. And we fear risk. Carsland was a hit on the other side of the country. We just want that. OH! BUT we don't want to pay as much for it. So, you know... we're going to cut budgets and corners."
        ^ Team Disney Orlando's management philosophy down to a T. I applaud this post, good sir (or madam). :bow:
        Last edited by MickeyM; 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I... I don't know. I understand bringing cars in from a "we wanna have more money than Solomon" standpoint, but this seems rediculous. Why not do something different, like pizza boy said, take a risk. Hell, it could be the right one...
          The studios doesn't need a carsland, they need a LucasFilms studio and a muppets studio. They need to rename sci-if diner the American Grafitti Sci-Fi diner.
          Also on the subject of beating dead horses: Save EPCOT.
          He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
          follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
          DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Bummer. I was really hoping they were going the Star Wars route, buying Lucasfilm and whatnot. Genuinely disappointed.

Comment

wow.... i could see maybe bringing A ride over since it is pixar place but the whole carsland....what a waste. this is brutal news. they will now officially have the biggest irony in disney history, a pixar land beside a land which is based on a pixar movie, what a fail.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyM View Post
                ^ Team Disney Orlando's management philosophy down to a T. I applaud this post, good sir (or madam). :bow:
                I think the decision was much higher than that. Personally, I feel like it's much better than what's there already.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Seriously. What's the point? If they based it off of Cars2 and made a cars world, that'd be cool, but a carbon copy isn't. And a half *** carbon copy doubly so.
                  Last edited by Coastierox; 12-06-2012, 03:13 AM.
                  He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                  follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                  DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                    I think the decision was much higher than that. Personally, I feel like it's much better than what's there already.
                    Yes, it's better than what's there, but so are a lot of things. It doesn't mean they should settle with what's safe.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                    Follow us on Twitter

Comment

I definitely think they should take a risk and do something new. I could understand a ride in the "Pixar area" as other people suggest, but not a whole land. I do not know what kind of rides Cars Land has, but honestly, I can think of other Pixar films they could make into a whole land off of if they had to go that route.

Cars isn't one of my personal favorites and although that is subjective and everyone may have different opinions, but I can honestly think of more, different, and creative ideas for other Pixar films other than Cars.

Comment

Originally posted by DisCollector View Post
                        I definitely think they should take a risk and do something new. I could understand a ride in the "Pixar area" as other people suggest, but not a whole land. I do not know what kind of rides Cars Land has, but honestly, I can think of other Pixar films they could make into a whole land off of if they had to go that route.

Cars isn't one of my personal favorites and although that is subjective and everyone may have different opinions, but I can honestly think of more, different, and creative ideas for other Pixar films other than Cars.
                        Here's some youtube videos to help:

RSR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktjTqo-ONc

Walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzNWKyotVSU

Luigi's Flying Tires: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXGh2S1WQaA

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29irLjPAGg8

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                        Oh for crap sakes. "Hey everybody! Let's purchase the biggest movie franchise in history and take full advantage of it in the parks and everything! What do you say, WDW?"
                        Disney bought Harry potter? That must be weird for Universal.

As for the rest of the quote though, Carsland isn't probably isn't meant to stay a DCA exclusive, since there are plans to bring it to other Disney Parks that are being kept under wraps (the only one we know about so far is Tokyo) and by the time they open Carsland in DHS (in around 2018), DCA will have more things to offer than just Carsland as its star attraction, possibly even something better than Carsland or RSR (who can judge until it happens). There is also a contract for Carsland at DCA stating that it can't be brought into another Disney Park for the next 5 year (for DCA's benefit)

To all those who are saddened by there no LucasFilm/Star Wars Studios or Muppets Studio at this announcement, those area are underdevelopment for the DHS expansion, which is also being kept under wraps for now.

Originally posted by Kevbot217 View Post
                        I think we should wait until we hear it's officially a real thing before we start treating it like a hard fact that we all complain about.
                        Completely Agree. The same attitude should go towards Avatar Land, just wait for the details before you get up in arms about it.
                        Last edited by Right Ear; 12-06-2012, 05:42 AM.
                        Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Comment

Originally posted by DisCollector View Post
                          I definitely think they should take a risk and do something new. I could understand a ride in the "Pixar area" as other people suggest, but not a whole land. I do not know what kind of rides Cars Land has, but honestly, I can think of other Pixar films they could make into a whole land off of if they had to go that route. Cars isn't one of my personal favorites and although that is subjective and everyone may have different opinions, but I can honestly think of more, different, and creative ideas for other Pixar films other than Cars.
                          I think we should wait until we hear it's officially a real thing before we start treating it like a hard fact that we all complain about.

Comment

Right Ear is mucking with the time continuum and quoting posts ahead of him! That's amazing!
                            But yeah, I have no problem with Carsland going overseas, but when my home park is Disneyland and the new draw on the East coast is something I've been on already, I have no incentive to go over there. Also, this post sounds really selfish, but I'm sure I'm not the only west coaster that feels this way.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                            Follow us on Twitter

Comment

I'm personally for the idea. I know a ton of people that are excited about it because they don't travel very much to California. I doubt the average guests will really care.

I can tell you that this is definitely financially good since the designs, planning and blueprints are already done. I just wonder if they are going to add RSR.
                              DisneyTwins
                              Since May 2003

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X