Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPCOT changing logo again?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] EPCOT changing logo again?

    I was looking at the pictures of Test Track 2.0 and saw there was quite a few World of Motion logos spread around as well as several sings spelled in reto EPCOT font. Even the merchandise was spelled in the font, does this mean that the park will be changing its logo again? It would really make sense since the sleek modern look is better than the modern "1994" gaudy one.


    See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA




    "THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

  • #2
    Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

    I think its mostly related to the 30th anniversary nostalgia.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	D23-Epcot-30th-Logo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	7347105

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Epcot+30th+logo-02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	7347106

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

      It would be nice if they did.
      sigpic

      What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

      Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








      Comment


      • #4
        Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

        That would be cool i say change the name of the park to EC
        sigpic

        This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

        "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

          Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
          That would be cool i say change the name of the park to EC
          EPCOT Center or just EC?
          sigpic

          What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

          Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








          Comment


          • #6
            Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

            The old logo pops up in a couple places mostly around the monorail station. I don't know if these are leftovers from the old days that were never changed or the old style is coming back. I think the 30th helped a lot and I hope more of the modernist style returns. As an aside, Listen to the Land still plays in the loop outside of the Land pavilion too.
            It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

              I've noticed this as well, but was most surprised to see "EPCOT" (but no center) written in the vintage font on the new Test Track merchandise. Typically the logo has been featured only on merch celebrating EPCOT Center nostalgia, the original attractions, etc., but here it was on a very modern t-shirt representing a brand new version of an attraction that opened in 1996 (well after EPCOT Center had given up its logo). Curious.

              At this point, I don't know why they don't just make it official. Then at least the logo would be consistent everywhere, across all park uses and merchandise. I highly doubt anyone will take up arms defending the current logo; if anything, I suspect merchandise sales will increase for the improved aesthetic value.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                "So, as far as I'm concerned... We don't call it Epcot Center anymore, but they should throw out the logo they're using now and go back to [the original]." -- Marty Sklar, during his Epcot 30th presentation (after reading from a September 1982 memo detailing the meaning of the original logo), October 1, 2012.

                Maybe management was listening.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                  Originally posted by brightlined View Post
                  "So, as far as I'm concerned... We don't call it Epcot Center anymore, but they should throw out the logo they're using now and go back to [the original]." -- Marty Sklar, during his Epcot 30th presentation (after reading from a September 1982 memo detailing the meaning of the original logo), October 1, 2012.

                  Maybe management was listening.
                  I was lucky enough to be present when he said that. He was also asked during the presentation what he least liked about the current Epcot, and without hesitation he answered "the logo," again stating his preference for the original and why it was effective.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                    Not too long ago, in response to the logotype on the Test Track merchandise, Martin posted an image of what he said is currently planned to be the Walt Disney World logo for 2013. The logotype was almost identical to the original except with what looked to be Sorcerer Mickey taking the place of the Mickey Globe inside the D in "Disney."

                    Either way, Epcot sorely needs a new/revived logo/logotype. The current one is just awful.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                      It's like when they were pawing through the archives putting together the stuff for EPCOT's 30th they realized that a lot of the things they found are actually better than what they have in the park now. Maybe those old WED guys actually knew what they were doing.
                      It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                        Originally posted by Dapper Dan View Post
                        It's like when they were pawing through the archives putting together the stuff for EPCOT's 30th they realized that a lot of the things they found are actually better than what they have in the park now. Maybe those old WED guys actually knew what they were doing.
                        I'm sure many were just confused why they kept misspelling WDI... :razz:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                          Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                          I'm sure many were just confused why they kept misspelling WDI... :razz:
                          That's not how you spell WED!) Your comprehensions confuse me so.

                          See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA




                          "THAT'S R
                          IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                            Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            Not too long ago, in response to the logotype on the Test Track merchandise, Martin posted an image of what he said is currently planned to be the Walt Disney World logo for 2013. The logotype was almost identical to the original except with what looked to be Sorcerer Mickey taking the place of the Mickey Globe inside the D in "Disney."

                            Either way, Epcot sorely needs a new/revived logo/logotype. The current one is just awful.
                            Might we see this "new" logo?
                            sigpic

                            What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                            Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: EPCOT changing logo again?

                              Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                              EPCOT Center or just EC?
                              just EC
                              sigpic

                              This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

                              "You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X