Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Fireworks Show

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] New Fireworks Show

    Let me start by saying that I adore Wishes. It is beautiful, captivating, and billowing with grandeur. That being said, it is a bit on the stale side. Wishes has been showing since 2003, and while we can all agree that attractions are timeless, I am unsure whether a firework show can be as well. The seasonal incarnations of Wishes (Holiday Wishes, Happy Hallowishes, etc.) are still quite charming, but Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams is a bit on the redundant side, in my opinion. Thoughts?

  • #2
    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Well being friends with Steve Davison he has visited WDW lately in recent months but, for what I have no clue.
    Always read the fine print.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Fireworks Show

      I'd like to see it replaced myself. We also need a new parade with new floats in it. I'm starting to really hate that mirror castle float that they always use.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Fireworks Show

        Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
        I'd like to see it replaced myself. We also need a new parade with new floats in it. I'm starting to really hate that mirror castle float that they always use.
        Those are all Steve Davison's Job. Does anyone know how old these shows are?
        Always read the fine print.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Fireworks Show

          Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
          I'd like to see it replaced myself. We also need a new parade with new floats in it. I'm starting to really hate that mirror castle float that they always use.
          Everything is so old at WDW. DLR looks really fresh in comparison. WDW needs to start refreshing or strait up majorly changing these shows one at a time, one after the other.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Fireworks Show

            With George K. heading out over there he will probably have Steve working hard out over there. I will tell you guys if any suspicious Steve Davison activity at WDW happens after Feb. 1st
            Always read the fine print.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Fireworks Show

              I'd actually love to see something similar to the Remember....Dreams Come True fireworks show at Disneyland. That one gets to me every time.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Fireworks Show

                Originally posted by BugSam101 View Post
                Well being friends with Steve Davison he has visited WDW lately in recent months but, for what I have no clue.
                You're friends with Steve Davidson? That's neat, does he know if they're actually shipping off MSE soon?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Fireworks Show

                  Originally posted by Tootles View Post
                  I'd actually love to see something similar to the Remember....Dreams Come True fireworks show at Disneyland. That one gets to me every time.
                  As MK is now over 40 years old, or two generations pushing to three generations of guests, I wouldn't mind something like RDCT either. It's a nastalgic show and MK has generated old memories to revisit.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Fireworks Show

                    Originally posted by BandM View Post
                    You're friends with Steve Davidson? That's neat, does he know if they're actually shipping off MSE soon?
                    Being the head of Parades and Spectaculars he would know about this. Although here is the thing he is an Imagineer if he tells me stuff that's a secret I keep it that way. He won't say anything that is a big secret and I think anything about MSE is a big secret. Right now as we speak he is in London then he will be in Paris for business. He will probably go to Florida after that as he said he will return to SoCal in a couple weeks. Only news I've heard about WDW is not related to Steve's Job.
                    Always read the fine print.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Fireworks Show

                      Originally posted by BugSam101 View Post
                      Being the head of Parades and Spectaculars he would know about this. Although here is the thing he is an Imagineer if he tells me stuff that's a secret I keep it that way. He won't say anything that is a big secret and I think anything about MSE is a big secret. Right now as we speak he is in London then he will be in Paris for business. He will probably go to Florida after that as he said he will return to SoCal in a couple weeks. Only news I've heard about WDW is not related to Steve's Job.
                      Jeez that's quite the loaded schedule. Makes sense but I don't know what would be so secret about MSE honestly, the show is pretty old and it wouldn't be a big surprise to anyone if it traveled again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Fireworks Show

                        Originally posted by BandM View Post
                        Jeez that's quite the loaded schedule. Makes sense but I don't know what would be so secret about MSE honestly, the show is pretty old and it wouldn't be a big surprise to anyone if it traveled again.
                        Haha it is. Well he if WDW's Parades and Firework Shows are Outdated(Old) I guess he will be busy trying to find a suitable replacement. I should probably bring up "Remember...Dreams Come True" to him and if WDW will have a counterpart to it. Also MK could see one possibly for a Anniversary...hmm seems that you guys are approaching your 45th in 2016 and 50th 2021. 2021 seems likely but delayed for a show like "RDCT". Also Steve has only done 2 Shows/Parades for WDW.

                        P.S. I hope I didn't come off as rude in my first response if so Sorry.
                        Always read the fine print.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Fireworks Show

                          Originally posted by BugSam101 View Post
                          Haha it is. Well he if WDW's Parades and Firework Shows are Outdated(Old) I guess he will be busy trying to find a suitable replacement. I should probably bring up "Remember...Dreams Come True" to him and if WDW will have a counterpart to it. Also MK could see one possibly for a Anniversary...hmm seems that you guys are approaching your 45th in 2016 and 50th 2021. 2021 seems likely but delayed for a show like "RDCT". Also Steve has only done 2 Shows/Parades for WDW.
                          Well I'm definitely looking forward to whatever comes along and replaces the current shows (no offence to mister Davidson and the creative team at Disney, they're just getting a bit dated).
                          P.S. I hope I didn't come off as rude in my first response if so Sorry.
                          No worries, it's just interesting hearing info from people on the "inside".

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Fireworks Show

                            Originally posted by BandM View Post
                            Well I'm definitely looking forward to whatever comes along and replaces the current shows (no offence to mister Davidson and the creative team at Disney, they're just getting a bit dated).

                            No worries, it's just interesting hearing info from people on the "inside".
                            Glad I didn't sound rude and I guess you could say from the "inside" although I am not.

                            Steve has 20 Shows/Parades under his belt for the Disneyland Resort and only 2 for WDW which are Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams and Block Party Bash.

                            Always read the fine print.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Fireworks Show

                              Even though I'd enjoy a change, I'm reluctant to see what the folks at WDW would come up with. Definitely not a fan of their "reimagined" projects (MSEP, Journey Into Imagination, I'm looking at you.) I'd much rather see something entirely new than have them take yet another wonderful attraction and utterly obliterate it.

                              Then again, we all remember Light Magic....

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X