This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Flaming Crossing... current status

Once upon a time in 2007 Disney announced Flaming Crossings which would basically be a wal-mart version of Downtown Disney. link

So this weekend, I decided to drive down to Flamingo Crossing to see the progress since it was announced back in the boom of 2007.

Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Flaming Crossing... current status

so is this development still owned by disney?????
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Well all the sales signs have the Disney contact number

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
        Well all the sales signs have the Disney contact number
        I wonder if John Smith still works for Disney?
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I hope it stays that way...

Comment

Enough things have opened on I-Drive in the last 2-3 years that my belief as the failure of Flamingo Crossings is the same as the failure of Downtown Disney to gain any sustained momentum: Rents that are too high for any retailers or restaurants to hope to break even, no clear vision, no hope of pedestrian foot traffic.

Operations of retail sales outside theme parks is something I authentically don't think Disney understands how to do. Their brick and mortar Disney Stores were licensed out years ago, bought back, and they've been closing rather than expanding (not that this is unique to them but clearly they aren't adjusting well to the present climate). I imagine that MyMagic+ is their way of trying to figure that out a little better by tracking consumers, but I expect they'll end up being told what they don't want to hear and ignoring it because they want to soak any company who wants to do business inside their space. In the meantime, that means Downtown Disney will continue to look largely like a failed outlet mall and Flamingo Crossings will never come to fruition as planned.

Comment

^ Bravo @GodsOnSafari! BRAVO!

Comment

What I did notice while I was down there, is that local bicyclers have started using this area to do high speed road biking (since there is no traffic).

I got a lot of strange look from bikers when I was taking pictures because clearly I was the first car they saw driving around there in a long time. lol

Comment

I hope this happens to Avatarland, thrown under a rug and never mentioned again.

Comment

Downtown Disney could be run well... Better transportation options to and from is one part of the problem. The way downtown disney in Anaheim is done is set up perfectly they are close enough to the parks. Just like city walk is

Comment

Sadly avatarland made international news... There is no way it can silently go away

Comment

Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                        Downtown Disney could be run well... Better transportation options to and from is one part of the problem. The way downtown disney in Anaheim is done is set up perfectly they are close enough to the parks. Just like city walk is
                        Downtown Disney at WDW is dead and no amount of economic recovery is gonna bring it back. What retailers are going to be around in 4-5 years to try and take those spots? Disney is choosing right now to not invest in it or try to push it in a different direction because, frankly, that costs money and they don't want to spend it. And so it rots and will continue to rot for years to come. Unless Landry's has another 20 ideas for cheesy themed restaurants with $15 burgers, you can forget any improvements ever happening there.

Comment

Wait, does some poor sap still have to groom the plants or is that grass just made not grow? The area looks very well groomed.

Comment

Originally posted by BandM View Post
                            Wait, does some poor sap still have to groom the plants or is that grass just made not grow? The area looks very well groomed.
                            All the horticulture there is being maintained. Very well maintained mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by KingEric View Post
                              All the horticulture there is being maintained. Very well maintained mind you.
                              Oh man that has to be a boring job, tending to an unbuilt mall.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X