Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Unused Land, Demolish River County?

I'd like to say that I have heard about "River County" and how it was closed to the public a few years ago.

Before we start "Yes" I found out about River Country from Adam the Woo. YES, what he did was wrong. YES, he got what was coming to him. Do I feel sorry for him? Umm kinda, then again no. Will I keep watching his shows? Yeah, it is interesting. Would I try to do things like he does? Heck NO!!! When I first started watching him a year or so ago was because he said that he knew a guy who was a cast-member at Disney World and that cast member would allow him in. I believed him... and Ohh geezz I wonder if that cast-member is working there now, because if it was what Adam said said the situation was... the a certain someone wouldn't have a job right now, right? Any ways it wasn't until recently he was doing it without the okay from at least someone. Ether way now I'm addicted... but, this is NOT where I am getting at. This is just how I found out about it.

So, with this being said... instead of removing the old rides and putting new ones in their place. Why can't Disney World use some of the land that they have abandoned? Why wouldn't they?

Maybe they could put a Villains Land there?

So why can't they do something with that land and make it so people can legally enjoy it again? Are there any plans for them to demolish River County? Me, personally I think they should.

Re: Unused Land, Demolish River County?

Disney is already planning on turning it into a DVC property.

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...-property.html

http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...ns-leaked.html

Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Comment

Originally posted by Tamkins1985 View Post
      My apologies for going off on a tangent here, but this is one of the most consistently requested things I hear from Disney Parks fans, and I've just never been able to wrap my mind around how this would work with any kind of coherence?

I get the appeal of the Disney Villains, many of them are really great characters and quite a lot of fun, and if we can have meet and greets dedicated to princesses, why not have meet and greets specifically for villains? But a whole land of villains? I hope it never comes to be.

Here's the thing: villains can't exist in a vacuum. There needs to be a hero to challenge them (the same goes the other way around, but I don't often hear anyone proposing "Hero Land"). I mean, a villain can't really be villainous if there's no one to oppose them. So in order for it to work you'd need to portray the heroes as well; to challenge them and to eventually defeat them. So, what then, would the difference be between any other Fantasyland style attraction?

This just doesn't make any thematic sense to me. Like I said, I totally get the appeal of the characters, but giving them a whole land just seems silly and sort of boring.
      sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

But Heroes and Villains together, couldn't that work? Star Wars, Marvel, Disney, Pixar. Any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamkins1985 View Post
          Why can't Disney World use some of the land that they have abandoned? Why wouldn't they?

So why can't they do something with that land and make it so people can legally enjoy it again? Are there any plans for them to demolish River County? Me, personally I think they should.
          It seems to me that this location, behind the campground and hotel, isn't big enough for a theme park unless they redeveloped Fort Wilderness, too. And seeing as how that area is lush with woodlands and brings in money as a campground, I don't see it.

And do to its size and location within the resort it would be a horrible spot to select for a theme park.

They shouldn't build any new theme parks in a random location just to redevelop SOMETHING. I think Disney has already selected another site for any future gate.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X